Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

A random waffle thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

I think it used to be a restaurant called Halpinos? I heard few months ago that it was going to be a medical centre, one of the practices from town was moving out and maybe dentist opening there too

• Registered Users Posts: 73,358 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Halpinos was in high street in town over O'Hallorans, and out in Woodstock hotel for a while IIRC.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Yeah, Halpino's was above O'Halloran's and out near Woodstock the time O'Halloran's got caught selling water down drink. I think it was called Garvello's. I heard 1 of the medical places were going out there as well

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

Sorry, I got names mixed up. I think the same guy (Derek Halpin) ran both Halpinos and Garvellos.
    I would've never remembered Garvellos, thanks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Does anyone know exactly where the main Eircom exchange is in Ennis and Ennistymon? Thanks

• Advertisement

I might be wrong here but I think the ennistymon one is on station road near the art gallery And main ennis one is on drumbiggle road across from Simms lane?

myYgxc.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

FFS, what is the world coming to, not only do the mods use iPads now, but Bing, ffs, is there no hope.

Clareman wrote: »
    FFS, what is the world coming to, not only do the mods use iPads now, but Bing, ffs, is there no hope.

Google maps doesn't work on iPad
    All the motors mods got free iPads so we can mod while driving.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Google maps doesn't work on iPad
    All the motors mods got free iPads so we can mod while driving.

Trying to justify your lifestyle choices makes it worse, once you and your life partner are happy that's all that matters

Trust me, I'd never use Bing under any other circumstances

• Advertisement

What search engine do you use?

Mr. G wrote: »
    What search engine do you use?

infoseek

• Registered Users Posts: 13,979 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I had to go look that one up ....... :)
    Infoseek was a popular search engine founded in 1994 by Steve Kirsch.
    Infoseek was originally operated by the Infoseek Corporation, headquartered in Sunnyvale, California.[1] Infoseek was bought by The Walt Disney Company in 1998, and the technology was merged with that of the Disney-acquired Starwave to form the Go.com network. Since then it has been replaced with Yahoo! search and is no longer in use.

I had to go look that one up .......

Fair play to you for looking it up. I used to like infoseek cause it allowed you search within your search results. I had a complete distain for yahoo and MSN search, so I developed my own little search engine and stored it on a geocities site, also used to back my bookmarks to a html geocities site.

Yes, yes I am old

• Registered Users Posts: 13,979 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

:)

I use Startpage exclusively here ..... even on Chrome/Chromium :D

I use Dogpile :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

terrible incident in parteen last night

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0926/648123-clare-crash/

A Clare man ref'ed the FAI cup final yesterday, Padraig Sutton, I think his parents own Sutton's lighting in Ennis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭DuMorph

Anyone hear about a secondary school in Clare where the students union reps. elected by the students were replaced by ones chosen by the school head?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

The Clare Herald dont even bother paraphrasing the airport's press releases at this stage, they seem happy to be a free PR mouthpiece for whatever spin Shannon wants to put on anything.

Just e-mail it over and they'll copy, paste and print whatever they're asked to. It reads as though the paper themselves are looking forward to celebrating with AA. Embarrassing stuff.

Is the Clare Herald even a newspaper? Can't recall ever seeing a copy for sale, or anywhere for that matter.
    Clare Champion and Clare People would be the 2 main "newspapers" in Clare I would have thought. Don't know anyone who would quote the Clare Herald as a source for anything really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭highlydebased

vkid wrote: »
    Is the Clare Herald even a newspaper? Can't recall ever seeing a copy for sale, or anywhere for that matter.
    Clare Champion and Clare People would be the 2 main "newspapers" in Clare I would have thought. Don't know anyone who would quote the Clare Herald as a source for anything really.

Think it's just an online news site

vkid wrote: »

I think it's just a "news source" site, it just gets news from other sites and republishes it, bit like Google used to do on their homepages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

I have found the Clare Herald to be a very good and factual source of daily news on Shannon Airport.

I'm surprised to read that some people have an issue with it.

Their “about-us” page, simply says it deals with breaking news for Clare people at home & abroad.

I have found the Clare Herald to be a very good and factual source of daily news on Shannon Airport.

I'm surprised to read that some people have an issue with it.

Their “about-us” page, simply says it deals with breaking news for Clare people at home & abroad.

The problem is that it isn't the source, they simply get the information from other sites and repeat it, very rarely will they do any of their own pieces.

The about us page kind of sums up the site as a whole for me, 4 email addresses (all of them free addresses) and a problem link for their Chief Reporter's picture. The about us does say "online news outlet", which shows that they don't make on to be a news source.

I've moved a few posts from the Shannon Airport thread here as they were discussing the Clare Herald website, thought this would be a good place as any for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

The problem is that it isn't the source, they simply get the information from other sites and repeat it, very rarely will they do any of their own pieces.
    That's not true, Pat Flynn (Clare Herald) writes a lot stuff for the Dublin press too.

Stobart Air to cease operations at Shannon Airport in new year (Irish Times)

Water meter installers reportedly threatened with rifle (Irish Times)

Man dies after his car hits a ditch in Co Clare (Irish Times)

Airliner lands on one engine after problems over Atlantic (Irish Times)

Schoolgirl shot in face with pellet gun outside school (Irish Times)

That's not true, Pat Flynn (Clare Herald) writes a lot stuff for the Dublin press too.

Stobart Air to cease operations at Shannon Airport in new year (Irish Times)

Water meter installers reportedly threatened with rifle (Irish Times)

Man dies after his car hits a ditch in Co Clare (Irish Times)

Airliner lands on one engine after problems over Atlantic (Irish Times)

Schoolgirl shot in face with pellet gun outside school (Irish Times)

What I meant was the Clare Herald don't do their own pieces more they take pieces from oter placed. Pat is a fine journalist and has done some good pieces down through the years.

What I meant was the Clare Herald don't do their own pieces more they take pieces from oter placed. Pat is a fine journalist and has done some good pieces down through the years.

Same Pat Flynn as on Clare FM? I didn't know that..

Mr. G wrote: »
    Same Pat Flynn as on Clare FM? I didn't know that..

I think so, the guy who setup the site used to head up their News section, I think his big break was setting up the radio big brother thing, it was a caravan in O'Sullivan Hansbury's car park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Advertisement