Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's With This Rally In Dublin on Saturday?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

MaybeLogic wrote: »
    You asked for an example, I provided one.

I see what you mean . . . . .as far as the media are concerned a crime against a person who is nigerian merits as much media and public attention as the end of the IRA ceasefire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭I Drink It Up!

magma69 wrote: »
    You hero. Ridiculous generalisations and admitting to rioting. You've really shown yourself to be a true patriot. If the lefty's are all middle class how is it left wing politicians have much more success from the working class electorate. :rolleyes:

Because the working class electorate are sleeping off their riotous excesses and miss the voting deadline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭twinQuins

After all, as the trots will tell you, the police cannot be trusted....

You could always just admit you have no idea what you're talking about, you just use "Trotskyite" because it sounds bad and you dislike people who are left-wing.

Morlar wrote: »
    I see what you mean . . . . .as far as the media are concerned a crime against a person who is nigerian merits as much media and public attention as the end of the IRA ceasefire.

I thought he was Irish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

SlabMurphy wrote: »
    We stopped the so called love Ulster march. The Irish govt. is respondcible for any violence that day by giving the unionists the go ahead to march :mad:

Twat

• Advertisement

We stopped the so called love Ulster march. The Irish govt. is respondcible for any violence that day by giving the unionists the go ahead to march :mad:

Drunk. Pissed. Off his trolly on cider at 4pm. Go home, would ya, ya moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

The Trots, hippies and tree huggers are mainly middle class trendy's just out to shock conservative middle class Mummy and Daddy. The lads invovled in the love Ulster riot ( like meself ) were mainly working class lads with a bit of pride in their country.

Words fail. Posts like this are why AH should lose the 'no personal abuse' rule.

I thought he was Irish?

Ok - black then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

I think you are respondcible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Because the working class electorate are sleeping off their riotous excesses and miss the voting deadline.

:confused: WTF? That made no sense whatsoever.

• Advertisement

Fuhrer wrote: »
    I think you are respondcible.

Thats what I deducibled myself....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

geeky wrote: »
    Unless you know something we don't, that sentence is despicable.

He does.

I was referring to Riot Boy.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Ah yes, the Irish government and unionism are to blame for kicking in shop fronts and nicking as much merchandise as you can carry. They are also to blame for setting fire to cars streets away from the trouble..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

He's a troll out for a reaction.

He's a troll out for a reaction.

Once again, it was aimed at "Riot Boy"....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭MaybeLogic

People in both cases organised marches to protest about/prevent more deaths.
    It's a disgrace, tbh.

I love it.

'I rioted, I picked up bits of O'Connell Street and threw it at Gardaí, I ran amock and destroyed property of other Irish people... but it's not my fault.'

Jesus wept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

We need a mod in here quick smart. This has turned into an e-riot. :D It's a bit early but what the hell!

He does.

?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Once again, it was aimed at "Riot Boy"....

I'm still right though.

It's a disgrace, tbh.
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm still right though.

No. you're not. But you are entitled to your opinion.

It's a disgrace, tbh.

There is no comparison between the death of a single black person as a result of a street crime and the end of an IRA ceasefire which had potentially vast social, policital and economic consequences for plunging the province and the nation back to a semi-war footing.

Those 2 deaths are in no way comparable.

The 2 deaths which would be comparable are the

a)
    death of a white person as a result of a street crime and the
    b)
    death of a black person as a result of a street crime.

Compare the levels of media attention given to the victims of street crime where one dead person is black and one is white then tell me there is an equal level of attention in the liberal media and in bleeding heart middle class Irish society paid to both.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't have my rollseyes interpreter switched on today.
    Could you elaborate, please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭twinQuins

No. you're not. But you are entitled to your opinion.

Yeah, totally not a troll.

There is no comparison between the death of a single black person as a result of a street crime and the end of an IRA ceasefire which had potentially vast social, policital and economic consequences for plunging the province and the nation back to a semi-war footing.

End of the IRA ceasefire, my arse.
    It was a couple of provies, on the piss, cut the fella up, in a bar row.

I don't have my rollseyes interpreter switched on today.
    Could you elaborate, please?

Some of the people who march tomorrow will be marching for the reasons you mention.

The rest will have a private agenda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

Those 2 deaths are in no way comparable.

The 2 deaths which would be comparable are the

a)
    death of a white person as a result of a street crime and the
    b)
    death of a black person as a result of a street crime.

Compare the levels of media attention given to the victims of street crime where one dead person is black and one is white then tell me there is an equal level of attention in the liberal media and in bleeding heart middle class Irish society paid to both.

At the end of the day a boy still died and I think any media attention highlighting the unacceptable nature of street crime is a good thing-whatever the colour, religion or creed of the victim.

• Advertisement

Some of the people who march tomorrow will be marching for the reasons you mention.

The rest will have a private agenda.

Which groups, what agenda?
    (I haven't read through the thread, so apologies if making you repeat yourself)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

?

There is a second side to this story that hasn't been given any media coverage at all and when it is mentioned by anyone on a message board it is invariably deleted.

Morkarleth wrote: »
    Yeah, totally not a troll.

I made that comment in response to a gentleman who suggested the riotous destruction of the capitals main thoroughfare was an act of civic duty and pride.

Which groups, what agenda?
    (I haven't read through the thread, so apologies if making you repeat yourself)

SWP, UNIONS, etc.

There is a second side to this story that hasn't been given any media coverage at all and when it is mentioned by anyone on a message board it is invariably deleted.

I wouldn't disbelieve you on that score, the media can be very selective. Care to enlighten us on the second side though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

peabutler wrote: »
    Twat

infracted

• Advertisement

A PM would be interesting...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

segaBOY wrote: »
    At the end of the day a boy still died and I think any media attention highlighting the unacceptable nature of street crime is a good thing-whatever the colour, religion or creed of the victim.

Indeed. Also any protest highlighting the unacceptable nature of the crime is welcome, therefore any banners/flags/etc should be restricted to an anti-racism/street crime/mindless violence and thuggery message only.

SWP, UNIONS, etc.

Ok.
    My mind boggles.
    The Unions are marching at a rally about an alleged racial killing and they have a hidden agenda?

prinz wrote: »
    Indeed. Also any protest highlighting the unacceptable nature of the crime is welcome, therefore any banners/flags/etc should be restricted to an anti-racism message only.

Perhaps anti-street crime?

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0409/1224267976600.html

“NO AMOUNT of protest, no demonstration will bring back this boy’s soul. Your good mind is what he needs – not fighting, not crying,” Imam Shehu Adeniji told mourners at the funeral of Toyosi ****ta-bey, the 15-year-old Nigerian-born student killed last Friday in Tyrrelstown, west Dublin.
    Referring afterwards to the march planned for Dublin city tomorrow, he said: “Demonstration is uncalled for. We do not approve of it. It is creating social unrest . . .”
    Their concern was about the “intention of those who want to protest”, added the assistant imam at the mosque in Dublin’s Sheriff Street, Alhaj Saliu Adewunmi Adeniran. “It can instigate problems with teenagers and we are worried about where it might lead.”

• Advertisement

I can see the point of that if it was genuine and colourblind.

It's not though and that's the problem.

When it is only applied to BLACK victims is where the problem arises.

You dont enforce a feeling of harmony and racial equality on society by discriminating against the white victims of crime or by elevating black victims of crime to near sainthood while all but ignoring white victims. It's pure total sickening hypocrisy by the left. in my honest opinion. It's a bandwagon for trendies to jump on - there is no genuine morality or compassion in any of this it's an opportunity for the advancement of hard left agendas while simultaneously downplaying the white victims of crime by focusing solely on the black.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

infracted

Ok.
    My mind boggles.
    The Unions are marching at a rally about an alleged racial killing and they have a hidden agenda?

Look at it like this...their job is to look after workers rights. Now tell me why the Unions are being invited.......

You dont enforce a feeling of harmony and racial equality on society by discriminating against the white victims of crime or by elevating black victims of crime to near sainthood while all but ignoring white victims. It's pure total sickening hypocrisy by the left. in my honest opinion. It's a bandwagon for trendies to jump on - there is no genuine morality or compassion in any of this it's an opportunity for the advancement of hard left agendas while simultaneously downplaying the white victims of crime by focusing solely on the black.

+1

Look at it like this...their job is to look after workers rights. Now tell me why the Unions are being invited.......

I've no idea. You were telling me, I thought.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0409/1224267976600.html

“NO AMOUNT of protest, no demonstration will bring back this boy’s soul. Your good mind is what he needs – not fighting, not crying,” Imam Shehu Adeniji told mourners at the funeral of Toyosi ****ta-bey, the 15-year-old Nigerian-born student killed last Friday in Tyrrelstown, west Dublin.
    Referring afterwards to the march planned for Dublin city tomorrow, he said: “Demonstration is uncalled for. We do not approve of it. It is creating social unrest . . .”
    Their concern was about the “intention of those who want to protest”, added the assistant imam at the mosque in Dublin’s Sheriff Street, Alhaj Saliu Adewunmi Adeniran. “It can instigate problems with teenagers and we are worried about where it might lead.”

Yeah I thought that quote was interesting alright. Though I'm not sure what 'we' the Imam is referring to. Unless the family themselves don't want a rally to take place, I don't see why he should have a particular weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

The media attention and the rally will have NOTHING to do with street crime, it will be the usual bleeding heart 'racist' witch hunting session where native Irish will be lambasted as violent bigoted nazis while the minority African community will be portrayed as innocent fluffy law abiding victims. A vision which is completely at odds with reality..

And a few cars and shops will probably get destroyed in the process by said innocent fluffy law abiding victims.

When the trial is over and there is definitive evidence of a racial attack then have the rally..

Yeah I thought that quote was interesting alright. Though I'm not sure what 'we' the Imam is referring to. Unless the family themselves don't want a rally to take place, I don't see why he should have a particular weight.

He speaks on the behalf of the parents, who, in traditional Islamic practice, do not attend the funeral of the child. Thus, I can only assume this, of course....he must be speaking on behalf the parents in particular and community in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭SlabMurphy

I'll be in town on Saturday and I will be drinking in Fraziers on O'Connell St to watch the UFC live at 6 from Abu Dhabi wearing a Dublin jersey with Hill 16 on the back. So if you'd like to tell me that I'm a moron and to **** off then your more than welcome ;)
    I love it.

'I rioted, I picked up bits of O'Connell Street and threw it at Gardaí, I ran amock and destroyed property of other Irish people... but it's not my fault.'

Jesus wept.
    I'm sorry about damage done to peopple's cars etc but Govt should not have allowed wee Willie Fraser and co to march.

I see where you're coming from.

In all honesty I generally have a problem with the majority of media in this country for various reasons. If it's not RTE omitting hard facts from their stories and giving a one sided view, or TV3 running a tabloid style coverage, it't the independent trying to dress itself up as a broad sheet.

The quality of news reporting in Ireland is terrible and that is my general problem. I guess some of what you said (only reporting certain murders as frontline news etc.) comes under that banner.

• Advertisement
Advertisement