Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRA pulling funding for Sarsfield/Bandon RD roundabouts in Cork?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

parsi wrote:
    What routes park for 30 mins ? The 10 and 2 are crosstown and they stop long enough just to pick up (max 10 mins) ?

Just head around to Merchants Quay and see for yourself. They often just pull up, the driver gets out and shuts the door behind him. An example is the Number 3.

I'm sure there are many others, but I live in Dublin now.

Also on the No 3 route they never stop just to pick up, they usually stop for about 15 minutes and wait, even if no one is boarding.

Cork should be more like Dublin, buses every 7 - 10 minutes, no time table, bus stops, picks up people and leaves immediately.

There seems to be a real snub, classist thing going on in Cork. The buses that operate to the south side of the city, seem to operate more like Dublin Bus (frequent and fast), but the service to the North side of the city is far inferior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

bk wrote:
    As I have clearly pointed out with official statistics from the CSO, it is quiet clear that Cork City is at least twice the size of Limerick and probably serves a population 3 times larger then Limerick when you take into account the commuter towns and hinterland of both cities.

This excellent map quiet clearly shows the size of both Cities and the surrounding areas they serve:
    http://www.ireland.com/timeseye/whoweare/poster.htm

From this map it is blindingly obvious that Cork city serves a much larger population and surrounding area.

but there is a certain flair of exaggeration of Corka population, that is density, take a look on roscrea in that map, and it looks like it's bigger than kilkenny. That is population density. So it's not entirely suited to this, It just not three times the size full stop. Cork constantly view's itself a rather large cosmopolitican capital.it might be spreading into other towns but the city is actually shrinking. Limerck city population back in the 60s was over 60,000 within the boundary just thought i'd point this out.

Again Your right about Cork being twice the size, both cities have a rather large few towns within a 20 miles radius. Limerick is more evenly spreaded to Ennis/shannon direction and spreads more sparsly between. With cork being a bigger city of course it will have more spilling of suburban towns. Limerick population is still an issue and is still not defined it's now spreading into Tipperary. but this is not the topic of course.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

mysterious wrote:
    This explains why more retailers and distrubution centre's locate here. As Limerick is the fastest growing commercial region outside of Dublin. This is widly known.

Man you are so wrong on this, I know for a fact that all the retailers want to get into Cork, but the problem for them is simply lack of space. There simply isn't enough large box retail space in the Cork city island area (between the two forks of the river).

Cork City Council is currently trying to rezone areas of the city to try and make space for these retailers (for instance on the Grand Parade). Trust me on this, it has nothing to do with population size.

Just look at the new Mahon Point shopping Centre, the biggest shopping centre in the country, outside of Dublin. Or just take a look at the massive development going on in Blackpool in Cork, a US style strip mall type of thing is developing there.

You couldn't be more wrong about this, the retailers are crying out for good locations in Cork. Patrick St has some of the highest retail rental rates in the country. Just look at all the retailers trying to squeeze into Roches Stores.
    mysterious wrote:
    I must say Mallow is a good few miles out to be a suburb reallly

Mallow is 20 miles on an excellent, high quality new road, I have lots of friends who live in Mallow and commute into work (or for drinks) in Cork City.

BTW you are also wrong about the hinterland, if you bothered to look at the map I linked to above, you can clearly see that Corks hinterland is by far, larger and more populous then Limerick.

In fact the population of Cork County is larger then Limerick, Clare and Tipperary put together.

bk wrote:
    Man you are so wrong on this, I know for a fact that all the retailers want to get into Cork, but the problem for them is simply lack of space. There simply isn't enough large box retail space in the Cork city island area (between the two forks of the river).

Cork City Council is currently trying to rezone areas of the city to try and make space for these retailers (for instance on the Grand Parade). Trust me on this, it has nothing to do with population size.

well than both cities have simular problems, Limerick has rezoning problems, Boundary issue,high rents, high commercial rates and major competition from the suburbs alot more so than Cork. I know retailers want to get into Cork, but it seems that regardless as to what part of Limerick city/suburbs, retailers seem to get into Limerick first. Though Cork had Mark and spencers, limerick had Zara? TK max?, B&Q, PC world and Currys before it got into Cork... I could mention many more.

As for Mahon point, Cresent SC is fairly up there in size to Mahon. The Ennis road SC is goint to take the title I believe as the biggest centre, what about all the new retailers in the Jetland??
    bk wrote:
    Just look at the new Mahon Point shopping Centre, the biggest shopping centre in the country, outside of Dublin. Or just take a look at the massive development going on in Blackpool in Cork, a US style strip mall type of thing is developing there.

You couldn't be more wrong about this, the retailers are crying out for good locations in Cork. Patrick St has some of the highest retail rental rates in the country. Just look at all the retailers trying to squeeze into Roches Stores.

That's is because Limerick has major problems with national route traffic having to use O'Connells street. Pedestrianisation and tunnel delays are also hindering the city attract big retailers, but still retailers are still coming to Limerick. Now the Opera centre which will have more retail space than current Mahon Point for example. Magnificent buildings along the Main street has being burnt down in the 50s and 60s, Cruises street is to small to gain footfaill and the take in of bigger retailers, Limerick has the same problem with rezoning as Cork but for different reasons of course.
    Cork is not the only city with problems Bk..
    bk wrote:
    Mallow is 20 miles on an excellent, high quality new road, I have lots of friends who live in Mallow and commute into work (or for drinks) in Cork City
    Point being? Its still not a suburb, I can say the same about Ennis if I wanted to make a comparison.
    bk wrote:
    BTW you are also wrong about the hinterland, if you bothered to look at the map I linked to above, you can clearly see that Corks hinterland is by far, larger and more populous then Limerick

I already explained this, I asked you a question about that map you posted, if your bothered to look at the above post again?. Population of Cork is bigger, yes, again, and again I have agreed with you on this, I don't agree with your IMO of the hinterland population. The hinterland population of Limerick is not much lower than Cork, that map identifies the pop density, not the amount. Look at Roscrea its bigger than Kilkenny this is far from true........... Please explains this, since you know this map clearly.

bk wrote:
    In fact the population of Cork County is larger then Limerick, Clare and Tipperary put together.

Well the fact is Limericks hinterland touches Cork;) take Charleville for example. No one is arguing Co. Corks pop, maybe because it is by far the largest county in Ireland? no? it is by far not the most densiest...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Aidan1

The official figures for 'Metropolitan Cork', in the CASP (2000), were 345,000, estimated at that time to rise to 440,000 by 2020. Those projections have since been shown to be on the low side, as recognised in the Special Local Area Plans for Midleton, Mallow and Carrigtwohill.

That area does not include Mallow or Fermoy, but does include effective suburbs like Ballincollig and Carrigaline, and Carrigtwohill/Midleton.

Best case scenario is that Limerick is under half that (the figures on the Limerick City website give 77,000 - I would imagine that does not include those people just over the border in Co Clare ). The only way Limerick can approach Corks size is if, as the Limerickcity site tries to do, one counts the entire midwest region, Limerick, Clare and North Tipp.

Limerick has been hard done by in recent times with regard to infrastructure, but it was not badly off to begin with. The road from Portlaoise to Limerick(N7) is a lot better than the N8, the Nenagh section being a case in point. And Limerick had its airport subsidised at huge cost to the consumer and the other airports in the state for decades. Fair comparison and all that.

Now, back to the topic. Is there any official confirmation of this funding being pulled, or is it just another piece of creative journalism?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,290 ✭✭✭✭Victor

mysterious wrote:
    Not to mention Limerick catchment of Galway.
    OK, I think you've reached state of desperation when you claim Galway is in Limerick's catchment. Sure there will be some overlap, but each carries a similar weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

I think its clear to everyone that Coleraine is in Corks catchment :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

The funny thing about these roundabouts is theres still a bit of work going on at them.

Passed there today and the Sarsfield one has hedge clearing going on and a wall has been demolished for an approach road.

The Bandon one had a surveyor at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭nordydan

I think its clear to everyone that Coleraine is in Corks catchment :rolleyes:

That'll go down well for the inhabitants of loyalist Coleraine.

nordydan wrote:

:D yeh, Since Cork is so Big you are never 2foot away, the mighty metropolis of Cork that is. since the Fermoy bypass is opening ( no harm in being positive every now and then) bring Cork even closer to the rest of the country, now what is the next thing that Cork isn't getting enough investment on :confused: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Once that northern RR is built, Corks roads infrastrcuture for its size will be the best in ireland. I reckon they would be be better completing DC to Mallow, Macroom, and most of the way to Youghal that putting money into this project.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,290 ✭✭✭✭Victor

nordydan wrote:
    Ah, but direct rail connection (change at Belfast Central, Connolly, Dublin Heuston and Kent Station, Cork). Bus number 8.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Macroom is getting a bypass, 2+1 I think, Mallow and Youghal and is part of the Atlantic corridor. But we all know thats just a pipe dream at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

dowlingm wrote:
    As for Limerick - what about the Ring Road, Patrickswell bypass, Croom bypass?
    All of which are of as much benefit to North Cork and North Kerry as to Limerick County

dowlingm wrote:
    Don't know Galway as well but I don't think the approach road from Dublin-Galway is much if any newer than Cork-Mallow.

Oranmore to Galway : Started end of 80's, complete early 90's. Single carraigeway from Oranmore to Athlone bypass (opened early 90s?), SC from Athlone to Dublin (Lucan), Maynooth/Kilcock opened 96/97ish. Enflield bypassed 1999/2000. Kinnegad bypassed 97/98ish.

Don't think either Limerick/Cork can look at Galway as having better transport links (slowest intercity rail line, too. Planes can't land at it's small airport in anything more than a drizzle)

mysterious wrote:
    Ehem Limerick hinterland catchment population is only marginally smaller than Corks. I'll look for this fact soon. lol

Figures is both around 300,000 for the hinterland limerick is just marginally smaller.

Limerick is more located inland, and is more accessible to most large towns.
    Located on Irelands longest and busiest river.
    More national routes and rail lines interchange here.
    Bigger Airport, Shannon
    Of course Ennis 25,000 people only 20 miles away, and is the fastest growing town in the west of Ireland. Now ranks with Bray and Drogheda in terms of growth and size. check www.cso.ie.
    Not to mention Limerick catchment of Galway.. and is Closer to Dublin than Cork is?? Shannon??? ..

Limerick's population growth is much faster than corks btw

Major point don't underestimate the catchment of Limerick.
    If you want claim Galway as catchment of Limerick, then your saying anywhere within a 2hr drive at peak time is.

So Cork can claim Dungarvan, Youghal, Kilarney, Kenmare, Chair, Cashel maybe even Thurles and Waterford, While Limerick would be claiming as far as Naas and Mullingar, as well as of course Cork city.

Limerick has a free flowing southern ring road which covers 4 out of the 5 main N class roads that connect with the city: 7,20,21,24, Only N18 isnt connected to this yet. Cork's southern ring road, which couldn't be called free flowing at JLT or any of the roundabouts, takes in N 25,N27, N28 and N22.
    Pretty even on that score.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

I've driven around the Bandon Road roundabout everyday now for the last two weeks. I don't think it needs a flyover. It's just a badly designed junction. The roundabout should be reduced to two lanes and the roads onto it should be kept to two lanes. At the moment the biggest problems are being caused by cars and lorrys having to shift as much as three lanes on the roundabout itself, which is madness.

For example, if you're coming from the direction of the Sarsfielf roundabout and want to turn right into Bishopstown, the signs and the arrows on the road suggest you should take the right lane of three while approaching the roundabout, and then switch three lanes to the left on the roundabout itself. I've found that the best way is to take the middle lane approaching the roundabout and go into the outside lane of the roundabout straight away just after the turnoff to Ballincollig.

The whole thing is just a half arsed design and a flyover is a much too expensive solution. Just get some German or Dutch engineers to design proper level junctions. The best solution is probably to get rid of the roundabout altogether and turn it into a signalled crossing, but the powers that be seem to have a fascination with roundabouts, originally because they were too cheap to shell out on traffic lights, which they have now installed like there's no tomorrow. So we get the worst of both worlds.

Bogger77 wrote:
    If you want claim Galway as catchment of Limerick, then your saying anywhere within a 2hr drive at peak time is.

So Cork can claim Dungarvan, Youghal, Kilarney, Kenmare, Chair, Cashel maybe even Thurles and Waterford, While Limerick would be claiming as far as Naas and Mullingar, as well as of course Cork city.

Limerick has a free flowing southern ring road which covers 4 out of the 5 main N class roads that connect with the city: 7,20,21,24, Only N18 isnt connected to this yet. Cork's southern ring road, which couldn't be called free flowing at JLT or any of the roundabouts, takes in N 25,N27, N28 and N22.
    Pretty even on that score.

Nope, wrong there, please take another look.
    N69 is not
    N18 is not.

N20 to N18 is not
    N24 to N18 is not.
    N7 to N18 is not. There are still unnecessary amount of heavy traffic going through, You were saying?:p

Big roundabout at Rossbrien. Oh it's not free flowing. oh and Lisnagry(nearly forgor about that one.

I stated Galway is near it's hinterland as The OP said Cork's Hinterland was a lot bigger and more significant, well I made the point that Limerick's hinterland was more unique because it's nearer to Places like Galway, Ennis etc, I didn't make it black the Galway was in it's Belt. And the fact it was more accessible to places like these.

mysterious wrote:
    N69 is not
    N18 is not.

N20 to N18 is not
    N24 to N18 is not.
    N7 to N18 is not. There are still unnecessary amount of heavy traffic going through, You were saying?:p QUOTE]

These are all getting sorted out by Limerick SRR phase 2. Are there any plans for a northern ring road at all?

PS why not just have a poll saying which is more important - cork or limerick. As someone born in kerry and travelled through limerick i would have a vested interest in seeing limerick roads getting priority, but for the good of the nation i reckon the N8 should be prioritised.

mysterious wrote:
    N69 is not
    N18 is not.

N20 to N18 is not
    N24 to N18 is not.
    N7 to N18 is not. There are still unnecessary amount of heavy traffic going through, You were saying?:p

Big roundabout at Rossbrien. Oh it's not free flowing. oh and Lisnagry(nearly forgor about that one.

I stated Galway is near it's hinterland as The OP said Cork's Hinterland was a lot bigger and more significant, well I made the point that Limerick's hinterland was more unique because it's nearer to Places like Galway, Ennis etc, I didn't make it black the Galway was in it's Belt. And the fact it was more accessible to places like these.
    Note: I said Major N class roads. N20 in Cork and N18 in Limerick are the only roads I consider major, that are not on the Ring road. N69 and N7? (road to West Cork) are n ot major compared the the cross country inter city routes. the N69 road is merely the more scenic road to Tralee, while the road to West Cork is just that, a road to a rural area.

Since the other roads are linked to the ringroads, the missing link is N7 to N18 in Limerick, N20 to N25. N69 to N20 via the link road is more than capable of handling the volume, esp once the N18 traffic is taken of that route. Considering the situation of the Ports in both. heavy traffic will always be in or near the city centers. The placing of the shopping centers near the junctions, Mahon Point and Wilton in Cork, B&Q and Ennis Road in Limerick will create bottle necks.
    as for the roundabouts, only the one on the N7 at Annacothy (?) cause any sort of major hold up, and I'm presumming that it'll be replaced when the DC from Nenagh is finished. the N20 meets N7 roundabout is Limerick CC's fault, I've been told as they wish to add a 4th road to that junction.

I travel the P'laiose to Cork via Fermoy and P'loise to Cork via Limerick routes twice a week, I'm well used to the hold ups on those routes.

One of Limericks reasons for continuing traffic via city center or close to it, is the old relief road/childers road from Parkway to Roxboro and onto the N21, unless there's heavy traffic, ie rush hour or Saturday shopping madness, it's usually as quick to head that route than the loop of the ring road.

Bogger77 wrote:
    Note: I said Major N class roads. N20 in Cork and N18 in Limerick are the only roads I consider major, that are not on the Ring road. N69 and N7? (road to West Cork) are n ot major compared the the cross country inter city routes. the N69 road is merely the more scenic road to Tralee, while the road to West Cork is just that, a road to a rural area.

Since the other roads are linked to the ringroads, the missing link is N7 to N18 in Limerick, N20 to N25. N69 to N20 via the link road is more than capable of handling the volume, esp once the N18 traffic is taken of that route. Considering the situation of the Ports in both. heavy traffic will always be in or near the city centers. The placing of the shopping centers near the junctions, Mahon Point and Wilton in Cork, B&Q and Ennis Road in Limerick will create bottle necks.
    as for the roundabouts, only the one on the N7 at Annacothy (?) cause any sort of major hold up, and I'm presumming that it'll be replaced when the DC from Nenagh is finished. the N20 meets N7 roundabout is Limerick CC's fault, I've been told as they wish to add a 4th road to that junction.

I travel the P'laiose to Cork via Fermoy and P'loise to Cork via Limerick routes twice a week, I'm well used to the hold ups on those routes.

One of Limericks reasons for continuing traffic via city center or close to it, is the old relief road/childers road from Parkway to Roxboro and onto the N21, unless there's heavy traffic, ie rush hour or Saturday shopping madness, it's usually as quick to head that route than the loop of the ring road.

It's a matter opinon since you said that All the National routes are doing fineconverging the city that are not properly interchanged at the unfinished Southering ring.
    Cork and Waterford traffic have to enter the city to enroute to let's say N18 Shannon and Galway.

It's at a stage now where all the three bridges are congested at rush hour, it's crazy. You tell me it's able to handle the traffic, le't not make it personal to Limerick, but It's choking the city as it is.

The city centre remodiling cannot go ahead until this heavy traffic is removed.

Finally the N69 is a scenic route of course, but it's also connected to Foynes Port, which is booming, I know it looks like a heap of sheds:D But still. There is a large amount of H.G.V that could be taken off the streets off the city, don't you think. I'm just amazed as how the reaction that Sure Limerick is doing ok:confused: maybe 10 years time when they get NRA asses in gear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭dowlingm

The N69 wouldn't be so busy if IE hadn't failed to reopen the Foynes line after the road works, and told SFPC they could pay if they wanted it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

dowlingm wrote:
    Midleton reopening has been 20 years in the making since the CASP/LUTS process started, including six since the Arup report. Limerick should get improved service no doubt but Midleton has been very patient and doesn't deserve the swipe you took at it.

I have been delayed in traffic for 30mins-1 hour on all the projects you mentioned for Cork except Mallow-Cork (the road with a bend for every day of the year with a consequent safety record). My family comes from an area between Mitchelstown and Fermoy so I am only too familiar with its congestion, especially Fermoy where all traffic from the N8 and N72 goes over one 2+1 (barely) bridge.

As for Limerick - what about the Ring Road, Patrickswell bypass, Croom bypass? Don't know Galway as well but I don't think the approach road from Dublin-Galway is much if any newer than Cork-Mallow.

Midleton only has a population of less than 10,000 which is tiny in comparison to much more badly needed projects in other parts of Ireland. For example they are still trying to shoot down the idea of a Metro to Swords despite the fact that it has nearly 4 times the population of Midleton and is still growing, and much more choked with traffic. Likewise the congestion around some parts of Limerick are horrific.

Cork in comparison not only has reasonable roads, they are far less congested than similar areas elsewhere, and more importantly, they are not yet toll roads. I think Cork has had a very good deal where transport is concerned. Much of the problem in Cork with the likes of the Kinsale roundabout and other roads is that they were extremely badly planned in the first place, and not that old either. They are trying to fix roads that shouldn't have been planned that way. Its rather like the lessons learned by the whole M1/Coachman's Inn debacle in Dublin, though it took years.

For the record, I'm not biased against Cork, I've lived in Midleton for 2 years and 2 prior to that in the city, though I'm from North co Dublin. Just realise that Cork hasn't done that badly and much of the work is in fixing relatively new roads that were badly planned in the first place.

mysterious wrote:
    It's a matter opinon since you said that All the National routes are doing fineconverging the city that are not properly interchanged at the unfinished Southering ring.
    Cork and Waterford traffic have to enter the city to enroute to let's say N18 Shannon and Galway.

It's at a stage now where all the three bridges are congested at rush hour, it's crazy. You tell me it's able to handle the traffic, le't not make it personal to Limerick, but It's choking the city as it is.

The city centre remodiling cannot go ahead until this heavy traffic is removed.

Finally the N69 is a scenic route of course, but it's also connected to Foynes Port, which is booming, I know it looks like a heap of sheds:D But still. There is a large amount of H.G.V that could be taken off the streets off the city, don't you think. I'm just amazed as how the reaction that Sure Limerick is doing ok:confused: maybe 10 years time when they get NRA asses in gear.

N24 -> N7 -> N20 -> N18/Raheen Industrial Est link road.

Surely any truck heading from Dublin direction to Foynes direction would head Ring Road onto the N18 link road and join N69 at the cement factory. If they don't, well it's Limerick City Councils fault for not setting restrictions, from clancy's strand area to the bridge at the Jury's, not sure of the name, and the city center area, no access to HGV's over 5 ton. Then, all heavy trucks would have to cross that bridge to access the the N18. Would clear the city center of trucks, and would force the truckers to consider their routes.

I can't understand, why a tunnel under the shannon was route chosen rather than a connection the N7 end of the ring road over the river south of Parteen and on to the N18 dc. Would have opened up a nice section of land for Dev, industrial, retail and housing, instead they've decided to go across through that big dairy farm, under the river and the newly laid drainage/sewage pipes, and cut through more green land on the other side, all that does is increase the traffic to the Crescent SC.

Unless restrictions on HGV's are brought in after the Tunnel opens, most trucks will still travell via the city, as it'll be shorter, and just as fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭dowlingm

Bogger77
    all that does is increase the traffic to the Crescent SC
    Are you sure you haven't answered your own question there?

shoegirl

the thing with Midleton (and Carrigtwohill) is that Cork County Council have zoned both places for growth with the railway station as an integral part of that zoning - Midleton has predicted growth of 162pc by 2020 (Faber-Maunsell Report 2002). There will be park and ride traffic (how much it's hard to know yet) from Youghal/Killeagh/Mogeely-Castlemartyr/Garryvoe. The NRA traffic counts (available on their website although the urls are screwed up and you have replace \ with /) show a heck of a lot of traffic passing Carrigtwohill on the N25.

There's more and more housing being constructed in Killeagh and Castlemartyr. The economics of it are doable because half the length to Cork is already in service as the Cobh line. It also ties into increased service to Mallow. There are also two published public reports on the line (Faber-Maunsell and Ove Arup) so the rationale for doing it is out in the open, and it's not being done all the way to Youghal which would kill the business case dead at this point - but maybe in 10-20 years...

Metro and Midleton also don't compare as Midleton is going to be service every 30 minutes with 2 car trains. Metro is going to have service at least six times more often if not more.

I think Metro should not only go to Swords/Lissenhall P&R but all the way to the Belfast line beyond Lissenhall above ground to facilitate people from Dublin Airport heading to Louth or NI. The difference is that with tunnelling, new vehicles (they won't be using DART carriages) and electrification Metro will take a bit more work and a lot more money (including time commissioning the system) than refurbishing bridges and stations as the Midleton project will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Spengman

Bogger77 wrote:

Not sure what you mean by a "4th road" but what is supposed to be happening is that once phase 2 of the ring road is completed N20/21 access to the childers will be permanently extinguished, however childers road traffic will still be allowed access to the N20/N7.

I was dissapointed that the Rossbrien interchange wasnt built as part of phase 1 of the ring road, phase 2 is a much more complicated project due to the terrain and the tunnel itself, i thought it would have made much more sense to have included it in phase 1!, i suppose at least we should be thankful that its going to be a free flow junction and not a roundabout interchange as originally planned!:eek:

BTW anyone know when its supposed to start construction, i think they were talking about september!, anyone hear differently?

Advertisement