Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Stupidest Rich Person You Know Personally?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Now I do know plenty of people who like to think they're wealthy & they are the biggest dickheads.

+1 million

In my experience rich people are sound. They worked hard and they would be nice to me or you or the person in the shop/hotel/pub.
    From working in hotels I'd be meeting the owners sometimes, multi millionaires and the nicest people you'd ever meet.

People who think they are rich are the worst!
    Just not used to money and suddenly think they are above everyone.
    Celtic Tiger created a lot of these wannabes

Jellicoe wrote: »
    Buying a newer model avensis hardly makes him stupid or rich, he's no Sean Quinn

Going to a garage and upgrading to a brand new car three times in less then two years seems daft to me

Have you any examples for this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Now I do know plenty of people who like to think they're wealthy & they are the biggest dickheads.

+1 million

In my experience rich people are sound. They worked hard and they be nice to me or you or the person in the shop/hotel/pub.
    From working in hotels I'd be meeting the owners sometimes, multi millionaires and the nicest people you'd ever meet.

People who think they are rich are the worst!
    Just not used to money and suddenly think they are above everyone.
    Celtic Tiger created a lot of these wannabes
    It did indeed. But I was kinda hoping the recession would have made a lot of those assholes cop on.
    If anything it's nearly like a game for some of them to try & keep up appearances.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Who is the stupidest rich person you know personally? No names or any details that could infer an identity...just regale us with tales of sickening wealth and jaw-dropping stupidity.
    godtabh wrote: »
    Dublinwriter. Right tit posts stupid threads on boards.ie the whole time. A waste of time and money
    Honestly, alcohol and the Internet...a bad mix.

So how's that moderation thing working out for ya anyway?
    godtabh wrote: »
    Good. How is your search for a sense of humor going?

Jaysus lads, are those handbags heavy?

I dont know many openly rich people to be honest. I do know a few people who got nice big mortgages during the good years though. That didnt work out too well for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Jellicoe

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Have you any examples for this thread?

read the thread

• Advertisement

Missed that

Nice ninja edit

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Rocket19 wrote: »
    The actual cheek!!!!
    Just because it's a private school, doesn't mean that everyone going there is a twat. Also, I went there, and don't consider myself stupid.

Im only joking man. Their some of my best friends. I dont do comedy well!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Rocket19

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Im only joking man. Their some of my best friends. I dont do comedy well!

S'alright, I'll let you go this time. haha

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

I dont know her personally, but Paris Hilton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Who is the stupidest rich person you know personally? No names or any details that could infer an identity...just regale us with tales of sickening wealth and jaw-dropping stupidity.

Paul Howard running out of story ideas. Personally I'm suprised there was more than one book that could be milked out of just typing "roight" after every second word...

• Advertisement

Paul Howard did a good book on Mountjoy, worth checking out

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Rocket19 wrote: »
    The actual cheek!!!!
    Just because it's a private school, doesn't mean that everyone going there is a twat. Also, I went there, and don't consider myself stupid.

Are there many stupid people out there that consider themselves stupid? Most stupid people are double edged swords - thick and arrogant! I'm not referring to you here at all so please don't jump on me about the comment! (*Well not before you've shown me a picture anyway!)

I went to a Dublin private school myself and would have to say that there were a lot of people who weren't the quickest off the mark. Having said that the majority of them have actually matured into decent enough people.

I do apologise to all posters for the ridiculous line - I most admit it's been a slow Monday morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

cloud493 wrote: »
    Dunno if it counts as stupid, but my 'mate' won't have a pack of smokes, if its falls on the ground. The cigarettes are in the pack, but if the pack touches the ground, he says their dirty and buys another one.

that is obsessive compulsive disorder

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Most rich folk I know dress like hobos and become activists on Facebook. They have that kind of designer scruff look to them, as in they spend time every morning making themselves look like that and frequently buy new clothes but rip them to shreds.

I always find it funny, the richer they are the scruffier they make themselves look. Like some sort of rebellion of their riches..............until they need Mammy & Daddy to fund their course on Hindu basketweaving digital photography media peanut butter arts studies.

Then blame "the man" because they can't get a job :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,150 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

To be honest, the most stupid rich people I've come across tend to be the wives of men who've made their own fortunes through hard work and reasonable business acumen. There seems to be a common self-delusion amongst these women that their husbands success is proof of their own astuteness. Obviously, by staying at home and raising his children they've played their part in his success but it's hardly the part they think it is.

Before anyone starts calling me a sexist, I'm sure this would be true of house husbands if the social norms were reversed too and imagine we'll see plenty of it as soon as stay at home dads become as common as stay-at-home mothers. I am also aware that the richest member of my family owes a large part of his success to his wife managing their finances: in the early days of his business, he and his business partner made the money, she and the partner's wife made sure they invested it back into the business instead of drinking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Richest lad I know sold his company for over 50 million. Craziest thing he's purchased is a seat on one of the first space flights for 200k.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

jester77 wrote: »
    Richest lad I know sold his company for over 50 million. Craziest thing he's purchased is a seat on one of the first space flights for 200k.

If I had 50 million that'd be one of the first things I'd purchase too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I am sure I know the guy this character is based on. He got millions for land back in the Celtic Tiger having never had a penny in his pocket for years and suddenly was treating fifty euro notes like they were one euro coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Rocket19

Shane732 wrote: »
    Are there many stupid people out there that consider themselves stupid? Most stupid people are double edged swords - thick and arrogant! I'm not referring to you here at all so please don't jump on me about the comment! (*Well not before you've shown me a picture anyway!)

I went to a Dublin private school myself and would have to say that there were a lot of people who weren't the quickest off the mark. Having said that the majority of them have actually matured into decent enough people.

I do apologise to all posters for the ridiculous line - I most admit it's been a slow Monday morning!

I think the thread is just a bit odd. I mean, there's no rule that says rich people have to be smart! I'd wager there's lots of people who are very intelligent who are broke as hell, so I don't get the correlation. Also, if people want to do stupid things with their own money, that's their right.

Going back to the private school thing, I'm sure there's an even amount of idiots in both public and private schools. There seems to be this misconception that private school kids sit around all day talking about Daddy's money, and throwing €50 notes at each other.

To echo another poster, the MOST annoying people are the ones who are clearly (nouveau) rich, but want everyone to know about it. Having worked in retail for the summer, I've found that the rudest people (by far!) are certain "middle class" women who like to think of themselves as "wealthy" or whatever. The ones that make it very clear that they are above the lowly shop worker. :rolleyes: They're usually accompanied by their brats and a fake accent also..ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Come on DublinWriter, start writing your own stuff! You can't be calling on randomers to come up with a couple of filler paragraphs for your next novel-it's lazy!

Advertisement