Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Stupidest Rich Person You Know Personally?

Options
  • 12-08-2012 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭

Who is the stupidest rich person you know personally? No names or any details that could infer an identity...just regale us with tales of sickening wealth and jaw-dropping stupidity.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Dublinwriter. Right tit posts stupid threads on boards.ie the whole time. A waste of time and money

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

I dont know any rich people but i got....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

godtabh wrote: »
    Dublinwriter. Right tit posts stupid threads on boards.ie the whole time. A waste of time and money
    Honestly, alcohol and the Internet...a bad mix.

So how's that moderation thing working out for ya anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Because I just know so many rich people like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Rich O'Hara from number 43.

If he was any more stupid he'd be a half wit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I would never class my wife as stupid...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Honestly, alcohol and the Internet...a bad mix.

So how's that moderation thing working out for ya anyway?

Good. How is your search for a sense of humor going?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

A lot of people from the private school St.Gerards. Dangerously stupid people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Not really stupid but what I have seen happen a few times is lads who make a good bit of money in the city want to move out to the country.

So they move out to the country (or buy a second house) knowing f*ck all about living in the country and make an awful eejit of themselves in the process. Think doing a bit of strimming is the most dangerous thing a man could do, put on a thick brand new overall, goggles, massive pair of boots, one of them gauze things with muffs and they fire up their little 0.8hp "made in china" strimmer, soon to come back with the thing completely f*cked because they forgot to mix oil in the petrol or thought the mix ratio doesn't really matter

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

eth0 wrote: »
    Not really stupid but what I have seen happen a few times is lads who make a good bit of money in the city want to move out to the country.

So they move out to the country (or buy a second house) knowing f*ck all about living in the country and make an awful eejit of themselves in the process. Think doing a bit of strimming is the most dangerous thing a man could do, put on a thick brand new overall, goggles, massive pair of boots, one of them gauze things with muffs and they fire up their little 0.8hp "made in china" strimmer, soon to come back with the thing completely f*cked because they forgot to mix oil in the petrol or thought the mix ratio doesn't really matter

jaysus you're some culchie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Jellicoe

I know a lad that tried to clean a few tar spots off his brand new Range Rover with a brillo pad. Cue expensive spray repairs. Never looked the same. He lost about 25 grand trading it in a few months later. Needless to say he didn't give a fck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

This guy's mean

Whoever won the €190m Euromillions. They're probably lovely people, but they won what I wanted, so they're automatically c*nts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Still working on it, but I do get the occasional giggle from people who use American spelling on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Me!

Now the question you have to ask is;

Am I stupid enough to think I'm rich? or
    Am I rich enough to think I'm stupid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Neighbour had a 03 Avensis.
    Bought a 04 Avensis in January, fair enough

Then in June 2004 Toyota updated the range and he bought a new 04 Avensis again

Upgraded from a 6 month old car??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Im not from south Dublin so I don't think I can answer this question really. I know some rich farmers, but they would buy and sell everyone here twice over.

Agricola wrote: »
    Im not from south Dublin so I don't think I can answer this question really. I know some rich farmers, but they would buy and sell everyone here twice over.

Let me guess, Fiasco Phil and Michael Noonan ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Jesus.

Or Snookie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

No, I don't know any government ministers personally and I don't think they're farmers either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Agricola wrote: »
    How do you know?

Alot of them didn't know what to do with their "site" millions and lost most through dodgy investments that their Bank Managers told them wouldn't fail.

They still play the rich card though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Dunno if it counts as stupid, but my 'mate' won't have a pack of smokes, if its falls on the ground. The cigarettes are in the pack, but if the pack touches the ground, he says their dirty and buys another one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

eth0 wrote: »

Random!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

If my rich mate had two brain's ,he be twice as stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Neighbour had a 03 Avensis.
    Bought a 04 Avensis in January, fair enough

Then in June 2004 Toyota updated the range and he bought a new 04 Avensis again

Upgraded from a 6 month old car??

04 Avensis # rich person.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Rocket19

steddyeddy wrote: »
    A lot of people from the private school St.Gerards. Dangerously stupid people.

The actual cheek!!!!
    Just because it's a private school, doesn't mean that everyone going there is a twat. Also, I went there, and don't consider myself stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Seanchai wrote: »
    04 Avensis # rich person.

Owned a brand new car in 2003
    In January 2004, traded it in for a new car

Six months later in summer 2004 traded in the 04 car for a newer 04 car

Thought it was clear

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I don't know a single stupid self-made man.

Met one or two absolute prizes with rich parents, but less than you'd expect from cheap stereotyping.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

Any wealthy person I know worked hard for their money & generally don't waste it. They don't even change their cars that often.
    Now I do know plenty of people who like to think they're wealthy & they are the biggest dickheads.

• Advertisement

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Owned a brand new car in 2003
    In January 2004, traded it in for a new car

Six months later in summer 2004 traded in the 04 car for a newer 04 car

Thought it was clear

Buying a newer model avensis hardly makes him stupid or rich, he's no Sean Quinn

Advertisement