Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you love about Boards?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Einhard wrote: »
    Ok this might seem weird, but every now and then when roaming random pages on boards, I come across a really genuine and touching post from a poster who, despite usually having a good few posts, I've neve rheard of before. I always think, I really like this person. Then of course, I log off and have a snoop in that person's previous posts, and when it turns out that they really are genuine and friendly and down to earth, that's one of my favourite things bout boards.

And yes...I'm a weirdo. :pac:
    I do that to. All except the logging off part.

Never thought of that. . . . :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

The women's the sex truly falls out of there vagina's :)

( I just couldn't think of anything profound to say so i went with perverted)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I love the craic, it's good fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭yore

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Even when you got banned it used to say 'All the best" at the end until they changed it.

yer aul' wan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

yore wrote: »
    yer aul' wan

Mod

Not funny, banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SlyBacon93

I love the pessimism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

:D Epic.

:o:o Me still learning :o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

I'll moan about it but I love this site. Some very funny, witty people on here.

It's also fantastic for information and differing perspectives on almost any subject.

The mods are grand too in fairness, I only hate them for a few minutes if I get banned :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

The MODS on how great their Sense of Humor is !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

eth0 wrote: »
    See you at mass on sunday?
    No, Sunday isn't even a real day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Einhard wrote: »
    Ok this might seem weird, but every now and then when roaming random pages on boards, I come across a really genuine and touching post from a poster who, despite usually having a good few posts, I've neve rheard of before. I always think, I really like this person. Then of course, I log off and have a snoop in that person's previous posts, and when it turns out that they really are genuine and friendly and down to earth, that's one of my favourite things bout boards.

And yes...I'm a weirdo. :pac:

Sure we all do that :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

The distinctly Irish banter in After Hours. Even more when I was living abroad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭davetherave

I like the way that there is [almost] a place for everybody to meet others who share an interest. And the way that good communities can come from it.

From snooping and lurking, take the photography forum for example. They've published an annual book of pictures taken by boardsie for frequent the photography forum for the last three(?) years. Or the 32 county photo project.

Similarly the motors forum have their all the way round trip, and their dyno days.

It's no longer a case of "I'm the only horologist in the village :( ".
    Now it is "I'm the only horologist in the village :( , but now I can talk with and meet up with all the other horologists in all the other villages :) .

And the Talk to: forums, they are helpful when you are polite and not a dick to the employee.

Advertisement