Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

kumate_champ07 2 men enter, 1 man leave

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

been a while, I had a detailed update with dates and data but its on a different computer.

Duane Delaney, 1st time doing a weekend event, made bad mistakes but also did some good things. won the mile race by a good distance, did a poor flying 200m 13.72 and also didnt realise every place counts in the scratch race so dropped out at 15th, could have finished in the middle. I think I was 6th overall in my group, top 5 got to do the 500m tt.

I won the mile race again on wednesday night last week in the league and a 3rd place in the keirin, should have done better in that but got some more experience as to what I can/should do. the scratch race was interesting as I made a breakaway in lap 2 and another rider followed, if only I had got closer to his wheel during the half lap changes/up&overs. I didnt get any draft benefit and tired myself out with a few laps to go. it would have been nice to finish top3 in a scratch(would have been 1st/2nd)

I put the 12lb flywheel on my road machine 4 weeks ago so its now 18lb, took a while to get my flying 200s back as accelerations were tougher.
    I spent 3 weeks working on 5mins max power, went from 320watts to 370watts. it helped with the mile and scratch race but I should be working on 30-60sec max power, I just liked the change of 'pain'

flying 200m tonight was 13.09 at the end of a tough session at Sundrive, I have good faith I will do much better this saturday with a better approach to the line and fresher legs. I leave it too late to accelerate so Im still building up speed after the start line and have more left as I cross the finish line. I keep thinking of the first time I tried it last year but Im not gonna burnout like I did at first with the training Ive been doing. I need alot of work on my standing start but the biggest problem is my weight, trying to get it moving is tough.

not been sleeping or eating well and had some problems, surprised with my progress but when I train I give it 100% like my life depended on it. another 8week league starts this wednesday, I might work a little harder at the scratch races if it doesnt effect my sprinting progress. already looking ahead to 2013, plan is to drop 10kg in bodyweight, start gym work 2months earlier.

Advertisement