Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray Foleys naked breakfast

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    On the ads and the applause. What could they do ? Tell the audience to shut up and not clap ? Yeah the Bosco thing wasn't bad but it was just random and didnt make sense. But in general it was superb radio. I was laughing like an idiot waking to work and people looking at me stupid. That tells me it was good radio. The reaction on Twitter was really really positive and they were even trending on Twitter at one point.

I think they could have just said to the audience beforehand "Listen, when they're doing the ads, wait until Ray starts speaking again to applaud."

Seriously though, this is just nit-picking for the sake of trying to come up with ideas on how to make it better. The applause was really just a small thing that sort of sounded off.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I think they could have just said to the audience beforehand "Listen, when they're doing the ads, wait until Ray starts speaking again to applaud."

Seriously though, this is just nit-picking for the sake of trying to come up with ideas on how to make it better. The applause was really just a small thing that sort of sounded off.
    Nolan how far have you listened to ?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Listen from 1:40:00 on in the podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I enjoyed it. It's nice to hear something genuinely ambitious and experimental on the radio for a change. I was impressed by the Ad voiceover people, that must have been a strange environment for them.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Listen from 1:40:00 on in the podcast.

I'd listened to about the first 75 minutes of it. I'll get to the rest at some point tomorrow, I sort of skimmed through the end (skipped the Movember chat and the Paddy Courtney stuff).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

On the ads and the applause. What could they do ? Tell the audience to shut up and not clap ? Yeah the Bosco thing wasn't bad but it was just random and didnt make sense. But in general it was superb radio. I was laughing like an idiot waking to work and people looking at me stupid. That tells me it was good radio. The reaction on Twitter was really really positive and they were even trending on Twitter at one point.

Of course they could have told the audience not to clap :confused:
    Off-air a simple "hold your applause until the whole ad break is over lads, please and thank you" would have sufficed.

Anyway, it wasn't a big deal, like I said, great radio, well done to the lads, hope it becomes an annual thing. Ray & JP (and Dermot & Dave) are the only reason I still listen to radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 PureDaycent

Listened back.

Good show - but a bit of gimmick as it really was just a live OB with live music throw in. Put in a few live ad's for two/three clients who bought the two hours.

XFM did this years ago, it's not an original idea by any means.

This show had 'We really need to win a PPI next year' written all over it :-)

Hope they get one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

Listened back.

Good show - but a bit of gimmick as it really was just a live OB with live music throw in. Put in a few live ad's for two/three clients who bought the two hours.

XFM did this years ago, it's not an original idea by any means.

This show had 'We really need to win a PPI next year' written all over it :-)

Hope they get one.

Wonder how this went down with the casual listeners who just want music on the way in, was there only 6 songs over the two hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

soc160 wrote: »
    Wonder how this went down with the casual listeners who just want music on the way in, was there only 6 songs over the two hours?

Was wondering something similar. Does the 98fm listener care about the novelty value of a live show? Technically the show sounded like a broadcasting achievement in its own right but will it win listeners?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 PureDaycent

reg114 wrote: »
    Was wondering something similar. Does the 98fm listener care about the novelty value of a live show? Technically the show sounded like a broadcasting achievement in its own right but will it win listeners?

100%, this was a total anorak fest.

Joe pubic does not give a flying f*ck.

'Oh wow, live VO and Commercials & Music' said nobody not in radio.

• Advertisement
Advertisement