Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray Foleys naked breakfast

Options
  • 08-11-2014 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

Heard a tease for this on 98 this afternoon, anyone know anything about it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Haven't heard anything about it but it seems like a desperate attempt to get some more listeners. I'm a fan of foley but this idea sounds a bit naff. Didn't iradio have a naked bus like 5 years ago too?

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Haven't heard anything about it but it seems like a desperate attempt to get some more listeners. I'm a fan of foley but this idea sounds a bit naff. Didn't iradio have a naked bus like 5 years ago too?

Emperor ( Rosko ) new clothes eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,465 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The lads explained it today. The whole show will be live. All the beds and all the ads will be done live. It sounds good.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭skinnie

Sounds like an interesting idea, could be fun. Will definitely bring a lot of energy to the show, just from it all being live and the nervous energy too.

It could also go horribly wrong, but I hope not. A few little f-ups will prob bring a bit of fun too.

skinnie wrote: »
    Sounds like an interesting idea, could be fun. Will definitely bring a lot of energy to the show, just from it all being live and the nervous energy too.

It could also go horribly wrong, but I hope not. A few little f-ups will prob bring a bit of fun too.
    The lads were saying that the potential for mistakes could be high.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

A really interesting idea in fairness. Will definitely be listening in on the morning which is not something I do regularly as I can't get it on FM.

I wonder how it's going to work with ads though. Is it going to be the case that a sponsor is going to buy up a load of the ad slots for the show so that there're fewer unique ads, or are they going to have the regular amount...

And doing all the songs live will interesting too. I got the impression from their description that it'll be a lot of Christmas songs, so I'd assume they'll be karaoke style with a few bands dropping in to play a few things.

Heard them explain it in the podcast, actually doesn't seem like a bad idea. When I heard naked breakfast I was thinking wtf but this seems like it'll be a laugh. It's definitely an original idea anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭pedatron

Tomorrow is D day. Should be interesting!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I normally only listen to the podcast, but I'm gonna definitely be listening live tomorrow. :)

I predict the first cock-up will be at 6:32. :pac:

Oh, it begins at 8?

That's a bit disappointing to be honest. I thought it was going to be the full show live.

• Advertisement

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I normally only listen to the podcast, but I'm gonna definitely be listening live tomorrow. :)

I predict the first cock-up will be at 6:32. :pac:

Naked breakfast only starts at 8. :(

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Naked breakfast only starts at 8. :(

I got up specially for it. :(

Oh, it begins at 8?

That's a bit disappointing to be honest. I thought it was going to be the full show live.

Sure ive been awake since 4:30am. Adelle tweeted a pic of the set up in vicars steet. It looks great.

I got up specially for it. :(

Nearly there nolan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Sure ive been awake since 4:30am. Adelle tweeted a pic of the set up in vicars steet. It looks great.

Does adelle work for 98 now?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Does adelle work for 98 now?

Yes.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Yes.

I didn't know that. I thought she worked for Ian on today fm

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I didn't know that. I thought she worked for Ian on today fm

No I'm fairly sure she works in 98fm.

When Ray was on Today Fm im nearly certain she left too go work for Ian

Or else im dreaming

She was working with Ian I believe, but she joined 98 a while back. Not sure what her official title is, but I think she's a manager there now. She does be on with the lads the odd time too.

Here we go... it's almost time!

• Advertisement

Holy sh*t Dave Foxx is one smooth mofo!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭swampy353

She was working with Ian I believe, but she joined 98 a while back. Not sure what her official title is, but I think she's a manager there now. She does be on with the lads the odd time too.

Here we go... it's almost time!

She's assistant programme director

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Would love to be there!! The ads are gas live!

BOSCO! :D

It's sounds class.

Deeno is singing. I thnk. My wifi cut out.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭pedatron

How'd it finish up? I had to go to work at nine! Liked what I heard!

pedatron wrote: »
    How'd it finish up? I had to go to work at nine! Liked what I heard!

I'd to go at around 8:45, but I enjoyed it a lot.

A few criticisms I'd have of it:
    - I'd be way cooler if they got a few different bands to play the songs instead of just one. Even getting a band like Hermitage Green to do a lot of covers would be better than one band playing a number of their own songs.

- The Bosco bit was a bit weird. Seemed a bit out of place tbh. I mean, I enjoyed it, but I dunno, there didn't really seem to be a logical reason to do it other than Bosco needing to plug something.

- Giving a round of applause to each ad kinda messed with the flow a bit.

But on the whole, what I heard was incredibly good. It'd be really cool if they did it annually or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I'd to go at around 8:45, but I enjoyed it a lot.

A few criticisms I'd have of it:
    - I'd be way cooler if they got a few different bands to play the songs instead of just one. Even getting a band like Hermitage Green to do a lot of covers would be better than one band playing a number of their own songs.

- The Bosco bit was a bit weird. Seemed a bit out of place tbh. I mean, I enjoyed it, but I dunno, there didn't really seem to be a logical reason to do it other than Bosco needing to plug something.

- Giving a round of applause to each ad kinda messed with the flow a bit.

But on the whole, what I heard was incredibly good. It'd be really cool if they did it annually or something.

Completely agree about the applause after each ad and the Bosco bit. It didn't really go anywhere and to me, Ray didn't seem as comfortable as normal talking to Bosco. Fair play to the lads though, what a great idea, Dave Foxx was great, the live ads were great, I missed chunks of it so can't wait to listen back later, like wnolan says, I hope it becomes an annual thing too!

• Advertisement

Brendão wrote: »
    Completely agree about the applause after each ad and the Bosco bit. It didn't really go anywhere and to me, Ray didn't seem as comfortable as normal talking to Bosco. Fair play to the lads though, what a great idea, Dave Foxx was great, the live ads were great, I missed chunks of it so can't wait to listen back later, like wnolan says, I hope it becomes an annual thing too!

On the ads and the applause. What could they do ? Tell the audience to shut up and not clap ? Yeah the Bosco thing wasn't bad but it was just random and didnt make sense. But in general it was superb radio. I was laughing like an idiot waking to work and people looking at me stupid. That tells me it was good radio. The reaction on Twitter was really really positive and they were even trending on Twitter at one point.

Advertisement