Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's hear your Music !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

MilanPan!c wrote: »

Much better ending Chris.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭dasdog

Here's a couple of tunes. One is coverage of a GAA match, the other is Phil Lynott talking about his post Thin Lizzy days.

http://soundcloud.com/dasdog

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Much better ending Chris.

Thanks man!

I really think it's pulling together....

:)

Now we completely switch focus to pre-prod for the studio... though I have two more tunes lined up for after this experience is over...

Thanks man!

I really think it's pulling together....

:)

Now we completely switch focus to pre-prod for the studio... though I have two more tunes lined up for after this experience is over...

Good stuff.

Good stuff.

Where's your new song?

• Advertisement

Where's your new song?

Working away quietly in the background. I've learned a few things I wouldn't have had I not posted my earlier stuff.

So there is value in posting stuff on here. Iv'e seen it with yourself and Yoda. It's a learning experience. I'd highly recommend it to anyone reading this who hasn't so far put up a track for fear you might be slagged off or whatever.

Every suggestion made to me on my stuff was constructive and informative and has added to my knowledge.

Speech over.

Working away quietly in the background. I've learned a few things I wouldn't have had I not posted my earlier stuff.

So there is value in posting stuff on here. Iv'e seen it with yourself and Yoda. It's a learning experience. I'd highly recommend it to anyone reading this who hasn't so far put up a track for fear you might be slagged off or whatever.

Every suggestion made to me on my stuff was constructive and informative and has added to my knowledge.

Speech over.

it sounds stupid, but learning to ask for and filter through stranger's feedback is a wildly important part if being a musician/songwriter... Forums like this, where people actually bother to listen to material and even ocassionally feedback, are special resources and should be used to the nth degree... If more people posted and fedback te place would be even better... So listen to Rock and post your stuff; we don't bite.

Mostly.

The last mix of this song for a few weeks at least:

http://soundcloud.com/the-riot-tapes/not-if-but-when-sunday-mix

thanks for humouring me guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭ludwit

The last mix of this song for a few weeks at least:

http://soundcloud.com/the-riot-tapes/not-if-but-when-sunday-mix

thanks for humouring me guys.

Yeah good stuff, the chorus reminds me of cockney rebel, Who's doing the extra vocals?

ludwit wrote: »
    Yeah good stuff, the chorus reminds me of cockney rebel, Who's doing the extra vocals?

Ahh thanks a lot!!

Those other vox are me!

Watch out Robbie Williams.

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Hi lads. Need some inspiration with this
    http://soundcloud.com/fling-1/atlantic-swell-mp3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

It's been a while. Jazz'd up version of an old trad tune. I find the guitar makes the whole thing sound cluttered but I'm happy with the vox.

www.soundclick.com/glasshouserecordings

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Bill_Le_Viking

A while ago my brother took my band into the studio he was studying at and we recorded a few tracks and this is by far the best one (in my opinion)

What ya guys think?

I don't like the song, but I think the cover is good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭henessjon

https://www.yousendit.com/download/YWhOUXVqTStCSnBjR0E9PQ

henno
    presents the judas extinction malady

sorry its a download aand play

I have a feeling this may be deleted.

I apologize as I know this is prolly OT, but I wanted my friends in MP to know (and it's not posted in other forums so...) we've just been chosen to be one of the 20 odd bands in this years Phantom FM Next Best Thing competition.

I suppose we'll need to practice more than one song at a time now.

:P

Hope no one is too pissed at me for posting this.

I just feel that this is "my forum" of you know what I mean.

Any way, mods, delete if you must, but don't bother moving it... Not trying to pimp, just share.

I apologize as I know this is prolly OT, but I wanted my friends in MP to know (and it's not posted in other forums so...) we've just been chosen to be one of the 20 odd bands in this years Phantom FM Next Best Thing competition.

Any way, mods, delete if you must, but don't bother moving it... Not trying to pimp, just share.

Congrats Chris, you're having a great month.

Rock.

Congrats Chris, you're having a great month.

Rock.

Ahh thanks man!!

Believe it or not there's some HUGE news we're sitting on as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Ahh thanks man!!

Believe it or not there's some HUGE news we're sitting on as well!

You're pregnant?!

TelePaul wrote: »
    You're pregnant?!

Shhhhhhhhh....

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭DJ SC

• Advertisement

TelePaul wrote: »
    You're pregnant?!

That explains the ice cream and mustard sandwiches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Washingt0n

Hey guys, this is just a simple recording of a few songs of mine, would love any constructive criticism on anyhting from music to lyrics to production (though it is pretty simply produced!)

Check the songs out here: http://www.myspace.com/kevinmajmusic

Thanks! Hope you like!

That explains the ice cream and mustard sandwiches.

NOTHING can explain those.

Well done Milan Panic!
    We're all having a good day it seems. Fling will have a couple of songs played on Lyric FM tomorrow morning as part of a documentary about the Access Music Project here in Galway. Unfortunately its on ridiculously early, 7.30 in the morning. :eek: If anyone has the ways and means of recording it I would be eternally grateful!

galwaybabe wrote: »
    Well done Milan Panic!
    We're all having a good day it seems. Fling will have a couple of songs played on Lyric FM tomorrow morning as part of a documentary about the Access Music Project here in Galway. Unfortunately its on ridiculously early, 7.30 in the morning. :eek: If anyone has the ways and means of recording it I would be eternally grateful!

Great get - shame about the time though... So happy to see you guys having some success!

I keep meaning to listen to that new tune, but you know what busy is like... I will this weekend!

Great get - shame about the time though... So happy to see you guys having some success!

I keep meaning to listen to that new tune, but you know what busy is like... I will this weekend!
    i do indeed! Nice one, could do with a bit of advice on the mix.

galwaybabe wrote: »
    i do indeed! Nice one, could do with a bit of advice on the mix.

cool song!

The bass and guitar before the drums kick in... hmm... the bass should probably take up more space in the mix... seems a bit far back...

Te guitar on the other hand is a bit too forward...

In fact I think it's too for the whole tune..

Maybe, it's that the flute melody bit is too quiet..

I feel a disconnect between the bass/acoustic and the rest of the melodic stuff...

Hope that helps... this genre is completely outside of my "expertise," and maybe a bit of mastering would sort ALL of it out.... but I think you should just try and watch the levels, just to keep things from disappearing or jutting out.

???

Hope that helps :P

cool song!

The bass and guitar before the drums kick in... hmm... the bass should probably take up more space in the mix... seems a bit far back...

Te guitar on the other hand is a bit too forward...

In fact I think it's too for the whole tune..

Maybe, it's that the flute melody bit is too quiet..

I feel a disconnect between the bass/acoustic and the rest of the melodic stuff...

Hope that helps... this genre is completely outside of my "expertise," and maybe a bit of mastering would sort ALL of it out.... but I think you should just try and watch the levels, just to keep things from disappearing or jutting out.

???

Hope that helps :P
    It certainly does! Thanks MilanPanic, much appreciated. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Mcjmetroid

http://www.myspace.com/mikeyoconnellmusic

mainly do music using my Synth-sequencer.

Any tips would be extremely helpful :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 sebastianadams

hey lads,
    this is a site i did on wix.com with a load of my music on it, would be great to know what you think!
    http://www.wix.com/sebastianadams/sebastianadams

Advertisement