Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's hear your Music !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭dasdog

That's pretty sweet, especially the vocal's. Bit of a U2 Achtung Baby feel to the instruments though. I was hoping to do a tune today but I made the mistake of deciding to clean and re-string the 1982 LP Gold Top I bought a few months back. 4 hours, 5 broken strings, 2 taxi's, 3 music shops and 2 cut fingers later I've got it back working albeit with a heavier guage string and it doesn't feel the same. Fvking knackered from dragging the thing around town. Anyway, a strange (electronic) tune from a few Saturday's ago:

http://rs539.rapidshare.com/files/377076173/Altamont.mp3

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

dasdog wrote: »
    That's pretty sweet, especially the vocal's. Bit of a U2 Achtung Baby feel to the instruments though.

Thanks man!

I'll check your tune out when I get home!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    Just putting a newer version in this here thread so as to not destroy all of humanity forever.

http://soundcloud.com/the-riot-tapes/eil-saturday-mix-getting-there

It's getting there Chris.

Drums are to far back or the bass/keyboard sound is too strong. It's moving in the right direction. IMOOC

Drums are to far back or the bass/keyboard sound is too strong. It's moving in the right direction. IMOOC

Thanks man!

Really appreciate it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Drums are to far back or the bass/keyboard sound is too strong. .

Guess that could be because of the amount of compression on the whole thing.

• Advertisement

studiorat wrote: »
    Guess that could be because of the amount of compression on the whole thing.

Yea... Def overcompressed.

:)

but not finished.

Lots more to do, but the new vox sound great

The whole thing sounds endlessly bigger and more focused than my original mix.

I'm actually really happy with the direction... But it's not done.

That's pretty sweet, especially the vocal's. Bit of a U2 Achtung Baby feel to the instruments though. I was hoping to do a tune today but I made the mistake of deciding to clean and re-string the 1982 LP Gold Top I bought a few months back. 4 hours, 5 broken strings, 2 taxi's, 3 music shops and 2 cut fingers later I've got it back working albeit with a heavier guage string and it doesn't feel the same. Fvking knackered from dragging the thing around town. Anyway, a strange (electronic) tune from a few Saturday's ago:

Checking this out now.

Whoa..

That's my first reaction.

Ok, it's def pretty cool... I like the live (sounding) cymbals mixed with the electronics... and the electronics are very cool..

My only real critique is that the panning is a bit much at times...

I do like it though! Very nice analogue-y sounds..

Good one.

tokamusic wrote: »
    Hello!

I uploaded a small preview of a track which i started on. It is still unfinished but i want to share it with you so that you can listen!

Its a downtempo melodic piece!

Please make some comments if you likesmile.gif

http://soundcloud.com/toka/toomas-little-idea

Reminds me of very early Madonna.

ZV Yoda wrote: »
    Just finished mixing this one... more guitar based than the previous stuff we've done. Would appreciate any feedback - thx
    Life

Still looking for feedback on this one too...
    Nirvana

Hi ZV, I just listened to life. The drums and vocals seem to far back for me. The guitar sounds good though.

I'd love to hear this at twice the speed though:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Syko

Hi folks, I'm working on several projects of differing styles of music. Will have more samples up when I get thru them further or finish them.

I have a Dubstep one on the go and stopped it for a while as I couldn't think where to go.

The link below shows the work so far, but I now have restarted today and am trying to get more twisted.

Any tips or advice from anyone is greatly appreciated as this is really my first step off the safety net I know and love so well in dance music.

Thanks in advance.

http://soundcloud.com/syko-2/syko-dubstep-challenge-incomplete-advice-needed

Also there is a trance track of mine in there for a free download, and feel free to let me know what you think of anything on there.. ALL criticism, good or bad is always helpful :)

• Advertisement

new song:

http://soundcloud.com/the-riot-tapes/weys-day-03-structural-pass-02-new-drums

Completely unfinished, but a few of you may be interested.

I'm pretty damn psyched honestly.

So the drums are a mix of the AR 60s AND 70s drums (to many crashes I know)...

I'll post a vox'd ver next week... still, would LOVE some feedback!

new song:

Hi Chris,

Nice tune. Great foundation for a really good song.
    Again, like all your tunes, I'd love to hear this properly recorded and mixed.

it's a 6 out of 10 from me for the potential.

Hi Chris,

Nice tune. Great foundation for a really good song.
    Again, like all your tunes, I'd love to hear this properly recorded and mixed.

it's a 6 out of 10 from me for the potential.

Thanks man!

Yeah, we're def working on all of that... our producer is doing what we can (which is a lot) to try and make these tunes sound more "real"... Can't wait to see what he can do with this.

I think it's got super potential, so I'm excited to crack on and get it as good as possible!

And hey RSR, why no more tunes from you on SC?

Thanks again!

Nice tune alright. I like the way it falls from one part to the next and yep the crashes aren't helping (they sound programmed actually). Personally, I'd leave out singing and put something different on top but that probably wouldn't be most people's cup of tea.

Nice tune alright. I like the way it falls from one part to the next and yep the crashes aren't helping (they sound programmed actually). Personally, I'd leave out singing and put something different on top but that probably wouldn't be most people's cup of tea.

Yeah, when I switched drum kits (I write with a much less RAM/processor heavy app) the cybals were remapped... whoops... I'd already spent a few hours on it and just couldn't be bothered... I'll fix 'em soon enough.

:P

Thanks for the kind words, re the transitioning... that's something I always spend a lot of time on...

And sorry to say (as far as you're concerned) there's already vox and lyrics... just need to record them.

If you want I can make you a version that has a long guitar solo over the whole thing. A special one off mix.

Sure why not. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

Just putting a newer version in this here thread so as to not destroy all of humanity forever.

http://soundcloud.com/the-riot-tapes/eil-saturday-mix-getting-there

Nice work - I really like that - great tune, well put together. I get the Acthung Baby reference, but I only hear it on the bass really. That’s a crackin’ song. Wouldn’t mind see you lot play live actually…
    Hi ZV, I just listened to life. The drums and vocals seem to far back for me. The guitar sounds good though.

I'd love to hear this at twice the speed though:D

Cheers Rock… yeah, we’ve been listening to this & have now decided to re-record the vox. These vox were actually recorded against an earlier, mellower version of music. They’re a bit subdued for this version, so best all round to re-record. The drums can never be loud enough for me:D, but the other 2 keep telling to turn them down!
    new song:

I’d agree with Rock – a good basis for a song, now let’s hear those vox! Do you have a live drummer?... that type of track def needs a more real (less programmed) vibe

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/False_God/music/

A mix between covers and originals. Some good and some bad lol

Thanks man!

And hey RSR, why no more tunes from you on SC?

Thanks again!

My record company won't let me stick up anymore stuff until I release my debut album.:D

The real answer is, I'm not happy with the stuff I have done at the moment. I will work away in the background until I feel happier with the stuff.

R_H_C_P wrote: »

Lots of tracks there RH, not bad.

What did you record them on?

Nice work - I really like that - great tune, well put together. I get the Acthung Baby reference, but I only hear it on the bass really. That’s a crackin’ song. Wouldn’t mind see you lot play live actually…

Cheers Rock… yeah, we’ve been listening to this & have now decided to re-record the vox. These vox were actually recorded against an earlier, mellower version of music. They’re a bit subdued for this version, so best all round to re-record. The drums can never be loud enough for me:D, but the other 2 keep telling to turn them down!

I’d agree with Rock – a good basis for a song, now let’s hear those vox! Do you have a live drummer?... that type of track def needs a more real (less programmed) vibe

Thanks for the positive feedback!

As for drums:

We're looking for both short and long term drummer solutions.

We need someone that will drum on the tunes, studio quality, but isn't desperate to play live for 2-3 months.

Not the easiest thing.

We have a potential candidate, but are still waiting for first blood.

If any of you geniuses are interested, let me know. :)

• Advertisement

Hi folks,

Here's another smash from the Rockshamrover stable.

http://soundcloud.com/rockshamrover/lip-service

Hi folks,

very cool track!

The only thing I'd say is drag out all the piano midi notes a bit... so it's not so stacato... unless that's the feel you were going for??

I like it man!

Nice changes...

Though hmmm... not exactly sure about that guitar part, the kinda minor-y one... maybe it's the tone of the guitar...actually, if all the music were to switch to that riff at the end, I'd think it was pretty cool...

All in all, I like it!

Maybe if there was some dynamic tension at some point and if you switched over completely to that riff at the end, I'd love it.

Good one either way...

Huzzah!

R_H_C_P wrote: »

Nice one. I listened to ...And Justice & Orion (Self confessed thrash kid of the late 80's but I did get to see them tour the Justice album when I was 14). Without wanting to sound callous it lacks a bit of life but technically it's very good. You should go for the whole hog and try something like Megadeth's Wake Up Dead if you're capable of the other two.

Hi folks,

Great bass playing. Unless you are Lemmy or Phil Lynott or playing punk rock, keep plectrums away from basses. I'd change the piano to a softer 70's Rhodes/Wurlitzer sound though. The piano is probably too obvious. Speaking of Philo I did this a couple of weeks ago:

http://rapidshare.com/files/384922262/AllAbouts.mp3

Thanks Chris and Dasdog for taking the time to have a listen and comment.

Dasdog, I wasn't able to download your tune. You should open an account with Soundcloud (just for me:D) It's deadly and free. Thanks for the bass playing comment, I'm mainly a guitarist, supposedly. Maybe I should switch over.

Chris, thanks for the suggestions and detailed feedback. It's always great to get peoples opinions on things. I hadn't actually thought of the midi note thing.

Rock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Just finished mixing this one... more guitar based than the previous stuff we've done. Would appreciate any feedback - thx
    Life

Still looking for feedback on this one too...
    Nirvana

Try, sounds great. Reminds me a bit of some of the music from Ghost in the Shell. The bass works very well, mightve liked a bit more panning on the main instruments to get more of a band feel.

Nirvana, lovely guitar work. Drums are low but maybe youre going for a transparent feel on them, works very well for that as its low but you can still hear everything.
    Hi folks,

Lip Service, enjoyed that. Didnt really like where the tonality went around 2min, but I guess that a personal taste thing. Nice groove!

Thanks Eoin5,

I'm always amazed by the stuff that people see that I don't see.

When I was gigging years ago, people would love the stuff we threw together in minutes and would be non plussed by the stuff we spent months agonizing over for months and thought were masterpieces:D

Look up the story of "Every body wants to rule the world" by Tears for fears, they suffered from the same problem (not that I am comparing my stuff to the TFTs of course;))

Any new tracks yourself?

Rock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Theres a few collab things at the minute but theyll be a while in the making, too many other things on. Also I want to get electronic drums sorted, very impressed by the auld SD2.

eoin5 wrote: »
    Theres a few collab things at the minute but theyll be a while in the making, too many other things on. Also I want to get electronic drums sorted, very impressed by the auld SD2.

Good stuff. Are you doing online collaborations?

I heard the SD2 is great. I used addictive drums in these tracks but I got some new drum stuff in a group buy from Gearslutz for $99. They sound much better to me. I'll post up something with them on eventually.

• Advertisement

I stillsay you should check the AR drums man... I'm not the best virtual drummer (though I'm getting better) but even so, musicians and even a few drummers thought they were real.

Now obviously they meant real then edited, but that a drummer had played real drums in a studio, at some point in the process.

Advertisement