Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti Estrogen Pills good/bad?

Options
  • 24-09-2014 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am getting back in shape. I wouldn't be considered that fat in the first place. I'm 12stone 11 lbs but i can't seem to shake a certain amount of chest fat. Granted if i keep working out it will probably shrink further but it's something i've been conscious about for a long time .

I believe my estrogen level could be slightly higher than normal.

I'm wondering if anyone here has ever taken anti-estrogen pills in their lives?

Should i consult a doctor first?

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

why do you think this " I believe my estrogen level could be slightly higher than normal. "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭generic2012

BornIn84 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am getting back in shape. I wouldn't be considered that fat in the first place. I'm 12stone 11 lbs but i can't seem to shake a certain amount of chest fat. Granted if i keep working out it will probably shrink further but it's something i've been conscious about for a long time .

I believe my estrogen level could be slightly higher than normal.

I'm wondering if anyone here has ever taken anti-estrogen pills in their lives?

Should i consult a doctor first?

Thank you.

It's very unlikely that they are above normal. Some estrogen is made in fat, so reducing your fat will help to lower it, if you must worry about it.

Losing fat would also give you the advantage of losing fat on your chest.

Don't fall in to the same trap as many people who forget that losing fat in certain areas in the body will involve losing fat. Save the tablets for Saturday nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Future1

drink some green tea, good for lowering estrogen.

Future1 wrote: »
    drink some green tea, good for lowering estrogen.

Does it negatively affect women so?

Does it negatively affect women so?

google it before being smart

• Advertisement

google it before being smart

It was just a question, kid. No need to get defensive. Questioning things is good, believing something without asking questions is moronic, I didn't disagree with you. This is all I could find anyway;
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22246619
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22246619

Admittedly I didn't do much searching but maybe you could link what you're basing your opinion on?

It was just a question, kid. No need to get defensive. Questioning things is good, believing something without asking questions is moronic, I didn't disagree with you. This is all I could find anyway;

Admittedly I didn't do much searching but maybe you could link what you're basing your opinion on?

kid? are you serious?

kid? are you serious?

If you're avoiding the question then yes, I've never been more serious in all my life.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Less bickering, people.

It sounds like a genuine question to me.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Broccoli and other cruciferous vegetables (kale, brussel sprouts, cabbage) contain chemicals (indole-3-carbinol) in them that aid the conversion of estrogen into a more weak form.

Estrogen is excreted in the gut, if you are constipated or have low gut-motility then the estrogen can be re-absorbed back into the blood stream, so ensuring an adequate fiber intake (I like raw carrots, they are gentle on the gut) would help healthy estrogen metabolism too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

OP you just have some extra fat to lose. Some people may have hormonal issues which can lead to the development of breast tissue in men but this is very obvious. Post up a picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,057 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Estrogen levels could be a cause here, but it's a bit of a leap to assume as much without any evidence.
    Far more likely is that it's simply a case of a high-ish bf%.

Advertisement