Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Next XBox - Rumour Thread

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

satchmo wrote: »
    In the US, three stores (Walmart, Best Buy & Gamestop) account for over 50% of all game sales. Driving pre-orders in these stores is also a huge part of the game marketing business (hence the 'pre-order exlusive' bonuses appearing in many big games). And more importantly, those stores also account for a large part of hardware sales. Microsoft and Sony just aren't going to alienate those retailers by going digital-only, there isn't even any debate.

A lot of different retailers sell games among other things, Gamestop just sell games. Sony/MS/Nintendo need them to sell more, but Gamestop need them to even exist.

Sony lived through a $200 loss on each PS3 at launch, but how long could Gamestop last without any new releases. A smaller developer could be forced into doing what they want but remember how little resulted in steamworks boycotts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

chrismon wrote: »
    Would hate for my account to get hacked :eek:
    Wouldnt just lose my gamer points then!
    You could only lose games if you could transfer the game off the account or couldn't get your account back. Neither of which are either likely or possible I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

They're just going round in circles in the new generations of xbox consoles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭briany

Overheal wrote: »
    also think ahead to two years from now. and look two years behind. Ireland enjoys internet speeds right now that you wouldn't have been able to imagine 5 years ago.

Sadly, my area's currently being overlooked by the lords of fibre UPC so those nice and relatively cheap speeds are unattainable for me. Funnily enough, had you told me five years ago that Eircom would "upgrade" us from 1 meg BB to 8 meg (really only 2 or 3 for most of us) with a paltry data cap, I'd have said it wouldn't happen for Eircom's apathy and the customer exodus it would surely invoke. It happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

gizmo wrote: »

1st april was yesterday m8! :pac:

1st april was yesterday m8! :pac:
    Well since we've gone from a 6670 GPU to dual 7000-class GPUs I'd at least hope people would take these rumours with a slight pinch of salt. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

gizmo wrote: »
    Well since we've gone from a 6670 GPU to dual 7000-class GPUs I'd at least hope people would take these rumours with a slight pinch of salt. :D

Indeed. I kept reading and I was like.... Wtf? Let alone constant online connection needed is just a pure sign of rumor. They are not that stupid... Are they? Then again: it will be 4 or 6 core CPU... Might aswell stick in 10core CPU with hyper threading just to be sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

might have a bit of info about this next month, depending on what i can weasel out of a few people off the record

Advertisement