Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GGG Geale / Perez Jennings

Options
  • 23-07-2014 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭

This one seams to be overlooked cos of Fury Chisora being on the same night but should be two good fights.

It'll be interesting to see if Geale can take GGG out of his comfort zone as no one so far has managed to trouble him.

Mike Perez has it all to prove so long been known as a hot and cold fighter has a big win on tv last November and then a draw last Jan where he looked really ordinary.

Here's a piece HBO did on GGG & Geale

http://youtu.be/m0FdXQLPig0?list=PLXf2yfCXqyorj8We2Dnvpwi1L4vn9qRpw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

I can't see anything other than a tough night for Geale. He's a likeable boxer & deserved his title win but GGG is leagues ahead in terms of ability.

If Perez can switch it on this time it will make for an impressive bout. Good weekend of boxing coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Henno30

Assuming Golovkin gets past Geale, what's next for him? If he wants an opponent with a name he's probably going to be waiting for some of the JMWs to move up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Yea if Alvarez came up to meet him he'd be delighted I reckon. Seems to have no interest in moving up to SMW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Hopefully Perez has done the preparation to go 12 rounds, I always have my doubts. He is very talented (but not as talented as some make him out to be), but he will always struggle against a durable pressure fighter who can easily last 12 rounds.

He has some of the shortest arms you will ever see on a heavyweight too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Henno30

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Yea if Alvarez came up to meet him he'd be delighted I reckon. Seems to have no interest in moving up to SMW

Why would he when the middleweight division will soon be home to Canelo and Cotto.

Canelo might actually fight him too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭rebelomar

Mike weighed in at 242lbs. Didn't look great on the the scales to be honest. Jennings looks in unbelievable condition

rebelomar wrote: »
    Mike weighed in at 242lbs. Didn't look great on the the scales to be honest. Jennings looks in unbelievable condition

7lbs heavier than the Mago fight. Would be great to see him win but I think it will end disappointingly for him

7lbs heavier than the Mago fight. Would be great to see him win but I think it will end disappointingly for him

i had hoped he would be in tip top shape working with Adam Booth but not sure how long they had together.

Hopefully he'll do the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Perez is a solid outsider in the bookies? I thought it would be closer than that?

Total banker anyway. This is like Rigo v Donaire all over again.

http://www.oddschecker.com/boxing/mike-perez-v-bryant-jennings/winner

What time is Perez - Jennings expected to get underway tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

What time is Perez - Jennings expected to get underway tonight?

Perez vs Jennings at 2:30am
    Golovkin vs Geale at 3:00am

Coverage beginning on sky sports 1 at 1:30am

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Purses for tonight

Golovkin - $750k
    Geale - $600k
    Jennings - $130k
    Perez - $60k

Perez is being ripped off here.Thats equal to €44674.Peanuts.For the main arena at the Garden in an eliminator fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

Smoger is probably the best in the business these days.

Anyone confident Perez can win?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭RodVelvet

Fingers crossed for Mike, someones O has got to go. I've thrown a few quid on after the boys in the studio said it. With Mike we'll know what kind of form he's in after a round or two.

**** sake Sky :(

RodVelvet wrote: »
    Fingers crossed for Mike, someones O has got to go. I've thrown a few quid on after the boys in the studio said it. With Mike we'll know what kind of form he's in after a round or two.

Looks ok

pac_man wrote: »
    I think he can. 10 rounds will be to his advantage, just hope he doesn't gas out. Don't rate Jennings.

It's a 12 rounder which is a worry.

Not much in it so far

pac_man wrote: »
    Ive Perez winning the first three but they're close rounds. Ive a feeling the american judges will have it otherwise.

Yea you'd suspect the flailing arms by Jennings will give them a reason to score it for him

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭RodVelvet

I don't want Perez to get gassed but you feel Jennings would get dispatched here if he lifted his work rate. I think Jennings doesn't like the power of these punches.

• Advertisement

Perez gassing badly

:( he's gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Tobyglen

Perez condition is shocking, cracking skills but way out of shape, he's actually fat.

Hope he can squeeze this through but I'm fearful.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭bellybuster12

Mike needs a KO, simple as

What a waste of talent. ****ing conditioning killing him again

You're conditioning is there?? Booth talking through his hole.

Guess he's back to being a Cuban now? ;)

Hard to call but gut instinct says Jennings will get it by a couple of rounds at this point

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭bellybuster12

The score cards will read a wide margin to jennings, obv hope im wrong

• Advertisement

I don't even care if he wins... His conditioning is a disgrace. Going nowhere

Advertisement