Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Superthread] Mayweather vs Pacman **NO STREAMING REQUESTS**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

I saw this just now watya think ? im a bit sceptical untill its confirmed

http://www.latinopost.com/articles/2654/20131231/boxing-news-2014-manny-pacquiao-vs-floyd-mayweather-guaranteed-to-happen-in-september.htm[/QUOTE]

Pacmans advisors have rubbished the claims but this "scource" got it right for the last two Mayweather bouts. wont hold my breath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

These topics should be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭runman

It'll be the biggest fight ever, money talks, it has to happen. I hope to god it does happen.

runman wrote: »
    It'll be the biggest fight ever, money talks, it has to happen. I hope to god it does happen.

That's what they said in 2009. 5 years later....*tumbleweed*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

No, it's not on. It will not be on until approx 2 minutes before they fight and they are both in the ring. Otherwise don't torture yourself, somebody will find a reason for them not to fight, rinse, repeat. How long have we been going through this? Must be the best part of 5 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Wild_Dogger

Yep , don't believe it either.

'Ducking' risky fighters is 'clever selection' in Mayweather's eyes.

Thats why he will never one of the greatest .....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

Couldn't agree more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

Pac is looking likely to fight Bradley or Provodnikov now, so this one is out for the next few months anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Yep , don't believe it either.

'Ducking' risky fighters is 'clever selection' in Mayweather's eyes.

Thats why he will never one of the greatest .....

Opposite is true, Fighting fighters who suit your style has been the Manny way under Roach and Arum.

Mayweather would and will if it happens go through Manny, Would be embarrassingly easy to be realistic, Manny struggles with the boxing skills of Marquez who Mayweather made look like a novice, This fight I'm not intyerested in, Would be a 1 sided beat down with 1 fighter hoping for 1 punch to land

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

cowzerp wrote: »
    Opposite is true, Fighting fighters who suit your style has been the Manny way under Roach and Arum.

So committed was Pacquiao to avoiding difficult styles he fought Juan Manuel Marquez four times.

• Advertisement

cowzerp wrote: »

Mayweather would and will if it happens go through Manny, Would be embarrassingly easy to be realistic, Manny struggles with the boxing skills of Marquez who Mayweather made look like a novice, This fight I'm not intyerested in, Would be a 1 sided beat down with 1 fighter hoping for 1 punch to land

As much as I hate posting in these threads I must say one thing: FMJ ducked Pacquiao and has as good as admitted it at this stage. In numerous interviews he has said that it's all about picking an opponent to maximise earnings and limit the damage he sustains. Which he has every right to do. But he does not have the right to do this and then claim he fought the best.

This topic is a black hole so I'll leave it that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭zindicato

Henno30 wrote: »
    So committed was Pacquiao to avoiding difficult styles he fought Juan Manuel Marquez four times.

wtf????:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Henno30 wrote: »

Yeah and getting decisions handed to him, And the fans demanded these rematches for them reasons.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

http://sports.inquirer.net/140591/pacquiao-to-mayweather-lets-fight-for-charity i wonder what the next excuse would be now..... its years too late but still would love to see this fight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

zindicato wrote: »
    http://sports.inquirer.net/140591/pacquiao-to-mayweather-lets-fight-for-charity i wonder what the next excuse would be now..... its years too late but still would love to see this fight

Piping up now that the Khan fight seems signed & sealed. Good stuff :rolleyes:

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Piping up now that the Khan fight seems signed & sealed. Good stuff :rolleyes:

khan has signed but last time ive read myweather's dad and manager and himself were questioning where khan got the contract from
    http://www.fighthype.com/mayweathernews/article15886.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

This is actually a fight I don't want to see, it's years past it's sell by date.
    Would have been one of the greatest ever around 2010.
    Pac is not the same fighter and I don't believe Mayweather is what he once was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

It would sicken me to see Khan getting such an undeserved pay day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Venue could be Cowboys Stadium due to increased capacity. Far too much money for it not happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Not a drop of factual information provided for this...

• Advertisement

Not a drop of factual information provided for this...

Welcome to the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Mayweather's latest FB post is cringe!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭badabing106

Its a shame they couldn't fight 5 years ago, when they were in their prime

If they fought now? Can you imagine the inevitable dodgy result that would incur ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

walshb wrote: »
    Mayweather's latest FB post is cringe!

Do tell....
    Venue could be Cowboys Stadium due to increased capacity. Far too much money for it not happen.

As much a chance as my back yard i suppose

Do tell....

Below is what was written on his page. Below this is 3 pictures of Manny being dropped by JMM.

"My new boxing DVD is coming soon and is called "3 Ways to Sleep". Back, Face and Butt and I'm Falling & I Can't Get Up. Miss Pac Man is broke and desperate for a pay day. Your Pay-Per-View numbers are a joke."

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/p526x296/10348606_10152549777918113_8423301477586446275_n.jpg?oh=6b303b90cbf64cb534aeb62b2f17a970&oe=548778F6

God, what an arse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭blackbelt1

Pacman has digs and its alright but floyd posts anything and he's an ''arse''

Will you give it a rest lads he posted factual real pictures of pacman knocked the Fu^k out,if anybody can afford to slag someone in boxing its mayweather considering hes undeafeated after 47 bouts

Its says a lot about you if you get annoyed by a funny post on facebook its simple if you dont like what you see or hear dont follow him on social media or dont watch anything with him in it either,its not hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭badabing106

Floyd is a convicted wife beating scumbag. No amount of money can change that

Floyd is a convicted wife beating scumbag. No amount of money can change that

Didnt contest it so it wouldnt drag through the courts I thought? manny is far from squeaky clean from tax evasion to harbouring fugitives I wont even include peds in that,if you dont like mayweather dont pay the ppv to watch him and dont follow him on fb/twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

blackbelt1 wrote: »
    Pacman has digs and its alright but floyd posts anything and he's an ''arse''

Will you give it a rest lads he posted factual real pictures of pacman knocked the Fu^k out,if anybody can afford to slag someone in boxing its mayweather considering hes undeafeated after 47 bouts

Its says a lot about you if you get annoyed by a funny post on facebook its simple if you dont like what you see or hear dont follow him on social media or dont watch anything with him in it either,its not hard.

Are you one of these lads in your bedroom whose part of the money team?

Didnt contest it so it wouldnt drag through the courts I thought? manny is far from squeaky clean from tax evasion to harbouring fugitives I wont even include peds in that,if you dont like mayweather dont pay the ppv to watch him and dont follow him on fb/twitter.

You're here early, Mayweather next fight night isn't till next year:rolleyes:

I see the forum is infested with pacman fanboys,he has more luggage than the airport not discussing floyd boxing skills either here so dont think im saying hes the greatest of all time or anything but floyd gets stick and pacman cant do any wrong.

I see the forum is infested with pacman fanboys,he has more luggage than the airport not discussing floyd boxing skills either here so dont think im saying hes the greatest of all time or anything but floyd gets stick and pacman cant do any wrong.

Its the blow in posters like yourself who seem insistent on taking one side, the regular posters on here barely show preference for either side in fairness.

Its a fight that was hugely anticiapted in 2009/2010, not so much now.

Mayweather would have won back then but didn't fancy the risk. Pacquiao remaining with Bob Arum showed maybe he wasn't willing to do whatever it took.

Not the first time the sport has been deprived of a super fight with 2 sure thing hall of famers in their prime. And won't be the last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

I see the forum is infested with pacman fanboys,

Yawn.

As someone said above, few posters here wet themselves over either boxer. I think they're both amazing boxers for different reasons and I enjoy watching them both equally. Most posters here look at the sport objectively and see past the WWE sort of nonsense you seem to be engaging in.

There's no need to latch on to one boxer and throw p*ss at other ones, it isn't like supporting a soccer team.

The fact that Floyd courts controversy and goes out of his way to antagonize may be part of the reason that he gets "more stick" than Manny, who really seems to be a simple and down to earth and humble guy.

• Advertisement

Love to see Ruslan and Manny meet. These are the styles and fights that we need. Throw Garcia and JMM on the undercard at 145. Or, Manny-Garcia and JMM-Ruslan. What a combination.

Love to see Ruslan and Manny meet. These are the styles and fights that we need. Throw Garcia and JMM on the undercard at 145. Or, Manny-Garcia and JMM-Ruslan. What a combination.

Ruslan v Manny is an exciting prospect in terms of styles

Ruslan v Manny is an exciting prospect in terms of styles

Manny could still be vulnerable as regards getting tagged heavy. Is the chin weak? He leaves himself quite open when he darts in with his shots. It's one hell of a tasty match; well worthy of PPV!

Could Garcia expose Manny with a powerful timed counter punch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

Manny could still be vulnerable as regards getting tagged heavy. Is the chin weak? He leaves himself quite open when he darts in with his shots. It's one hell of a tasty match; well worthy of PPV!

Could Garcia expose Manny with a powerful timed counter punch?

Both are great punchers. I think Manny beats both. i'd be more interested in Ruslan vs garcia.

• Advertisement

boxer.fan wrote: »
    Both are great punchers. I think Manny beats both. i'd be more interested in Ruslan vs garcia.

You could have a tournament with 5 or 6 lads at 140-147 lbs that would be dream bouts. Manny/JMM/Ruslan/Garcia/Mattysse/Mayweather...

Ok, I don't want to see JMM/Pacman again. But Mayweather in the mix using all his skills to tame Ruslan or Pacman would be great...

Throw Broner in for sport! Maybe Alvarado and Rios for more hell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Pacquaio calling out Mayweather for May 2nd next year in his post fight press conference. i personally think this fight will never happen as there is nothing in it for Mayweather. Pacquaio has losses on his record so losing to Mayweather will not hurt his career as much as it would Mayweather. Pacquaio is the smaller man and has way more mileage on him.
    Basically if Mayweather loses he will have been beaten by a guy who has been beaten by other fighters, is smaller and has had the tougher career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Basically if Mayweather loses he will have been beaten by a guy who has been beaten by other fighters, is smaller and has had the tougher career.
    And if he wins...... He'll have secured his legacy. A win against Pac ensures he retires a bona fide legend and in the discussion for the best ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Pighead wrote: »
    And if he wins...... He'll have secured his legacy. A win against Pac ensures he retires a bona fide legend and in the discussion for the best ever.
    Mayweather is nowhere near being discussed as best ever unless it's in his own house.I'm a fan but lets get real he may just scrape into the all time top 20.

dinorebel wrote: »
    Mayweather is nowhere near being discussed as best ever unless it's in his own house.I'm a fan but lets get real he may just scrape into the all time top 20.
    Go on then. Give me a laugh. Name 15 boxers that have achieved more in the sport.

Go on then. Give me a laugh. Name 15 boxers that have achieved more in the sport.

In no particular order and off the top of my head

Ray Robinson
    Harry Greb
    Ray Leonard
    Roberto Duran
    Muhammad Ali
    Joe Louis
    Archie Moore
    Henry Armstrong
    Ezzard Charles
    Sam Langford
    Roy Jones
    Tommy Hearns
    Pernell Whitaker
    Bob Fitzsimmons
    Willie Pep

I could probably name another ten who would also have a better shout so maybe top 25 is Floyds ceiling.

The above of course is just fighters who should be ranked higher the head to head list would be larger.

This isn't a knock Floyd post just trying to be honest he is without doubt the best of his generation but his career is a lot of smoke and mirrors in that he generally only fights on his terms i.e stating weights to fight at which,gloves his opponent has to use ect.
    I have one question for Pighead would Floyd still be undefeated if he was around at the same time as Hearns,Leonard and Duran?

dinorebel wrote: »
    The above of course is just fighters who should be ranked higher the head to head list would be larger.

This isn't a knock Floyd post just trying to be honest he is without doubt the best of his generation but his career is a lot of smoke and mirrors in that he generally only fights on his terms i.e stating weights to fight at which,gloves his opponent has to use ect.
    I have one question for Pighead would Floyd still be undefeated if he was around at the same time as Hearns,Leonard and Duran?
    We could do this all day but ultimately we do not know how he would fare. I find it strange you put Whitaker in ahead of Floyd when to me Whitaker is practically the exact same as Floyd but slower. Floyd beats Whitaker every time for me. But unless we can cobble together a time machine between us we will never know for sure. By the way I'm not saying Floyd is the best ever but I think the fact he's a bit of an arsehole clouds some people's opinion on where he stands in the all time lists. Definite top ten for me.

We could do this all day but ultimately we do not know how he would fare. I find it strange you put Whitaker in ahead of Floyd when to me Whitaker is practically the exact same as Floyd but slower. Floyd beats Whitaker every time for me. But unless we can cobble together a time machine between us we will never know for sure. By the way I'm not saying Floyd is the best ever but I think the fact he's a bit of an arsehole clouds some people's opinion on where he stands in the all time lists. Definite top ten for me.
    To be top 10 for me he would of had to have fought and beaten Pac 5 or 6 years ago and beaten the likes of Mosley and De La Hoya when they were prime not years past.

FWIW I'd probably take a peak Floyd at WW over Oscar and Mosley. More so over Mosley. Oscar's jab and height could do the trick.

I think he loses to Hearns and Leonard. Has his moments, but loses. May not even survive 12 if the tow of them connect clean.

• Advertisement
Advertisement