Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atheist Music

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

I'd imagine this would be the perfect atheist song

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

This song represents almost every post in this forum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Pink Floyd and Frank Zappa...then some Daft Punk to top it off...Smoking.

The first single I ever bought was this,Still class,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Again, don't care if it's 'atheist' or not (although being from Iceland, chances are good she's not terribly religious), but vkgoeswild is easily my favourite Youtube artist right now:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Wouldn't every song that isn't about god be "atheist music"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

[-0-] wrote: »
    Wouldn't every song that isn't about god be "atheist music"?

No! EVERY song is about god, with context! You just need to open your eyes and think for yourself! Why can't you seeee....!

(exits, pursued by some kind of airborne pasta beast)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Might work for any any theist/atheist star cross'd lovers out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

You're probably best just humming along to the Schumann resonances (SR) while out for a dander.

This spectrum average is in the extremely low frequency (ELF) portion of the Earth's electromagnetic field spectrum. You need a deep voice as it's around 7.83 Hz. (avg.8).

A quicker option would be to batch modify the pitch of your entire music collection by 98.18181818181814%. so that's a slight re-tune from standard 440 (concert A) to 432Hz (based on a octave and scale multiplier of 7.83). Research shows that it's best for optimum cross-hemispheric communication, 'tis also the frequency of the double helix in DNA replication, ionospheric lighting strikes and the like...

i.e. If you play a piano key in one room, and have another piano beside it, this 2nd one will begin 'hear' this 1st piano's note and start to vibrate that same note by itself.

'Natural earth resonation', apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭swampgas

From 1986, and definitely atheist in outlook:

* EDIT * - Damn, jonerkinsella beat me to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

The The - Armageddon Days.....Sorry I can't post a link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Not really in to the concept, but I think this is a great song that touches on the emptiness of religion: Midge Ure's Answers to Nothing.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

If you like swedish folk AND atheism...

• Registered Users Posts: 34 veliktom

Frank Zappa - Dumb All Over

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Had to be done :cool:

Advertisement