Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you like to be a moderator? (just a question not an invite)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

no.. sure i can barely keep on topic as it is, if i had the power, it would all be dildos and fistings.
    Let us know when you start that thread!:D
    But no could never moderate. No time and could not be asked to handle some of the petty squabbles

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Would you like to be a moderator?

'The Private is confused seargant major...he believes that whichever answer he gives will be wrong and he will be punished!'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

No... Although when I see idiots posting s***e I forget that I'm not a mod on boards and my automatic reflex is to hit the edit button, until I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

In AH? Unless counselling was provided for by boards, not on my fcuking life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

I'd like to be mod for a day, just to see what it feels like.

First, I would look at my name in bold, and admire the boldness of it.

I'd probably have to ban someone. As its my first banning, I would have to reword my post 50 times before I am happy that its exactly in that mod tone.

Then calm a thread down with some bold writing in a way that's clear and authoritative, yet still makes sure I am seen as one of the lads.

I'd then go into the sex & sexuality forum just to see if there's anything in there that is worth looking at. I'd walk in all mature, cuz I'm a mod, but really only want to see if there's bewbs or pee pee related stuff.

I'd make a few posts in the forums I normally frequent, but with less smileys, and a touch more maturity. I am still one of the lads though.

I would then read my inbox of people whinging at me, and spend hours rifling through charters, and previous warnings to prove why I am right.

At the end of the day, when its taken away from me, I would feel really deflated, like I got demoted. But after a while, I'd be fine.

I'd then be one of those out-to-pasture-mods who used to be a mod ages ago, who are not anymore, but post in that way that still says: "I used to be a mod, I just don't want to be anymore"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭2manyconditions

You mean you have to be asked?:confused:

Well I don't want to give away my answer ;) so I'll wait till they ask :o, consider all my options :rolleyes: and confirm my decision at that time :).

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Don't post in this topic again.
    Feels good man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Yes but not After Hours

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I've been asked if interested, said yes, and subsequently rejected before starting
    I asked if they'd want me to do in place of an in-active mod in one of the quieter forums and not even gotten a reply.

Why do you hate me so?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

bw wrote: »
    I'd like to be mod for a day, just to see what it feels like.

First, I would look at my name in bold, and admire the boldness of it.

I'd probably have to ban someone. As its my first banning, I would have to reword my post 50 times before I am happy that its exactly in that mod tone.

Then calm a thread down with some bold writing in a way that's clear and authoritative, yet still makes sure I am seen as one of the lads.

I'd then go into the sex & sexuality forum just to see if there's anything in there that is worth looking at. I'd walk in all mature, cuz I'm a mod, but really only want to see if there's bewbs or pee pee related stuff.

I'd make a few posts in the forums I normally frequent, but with less smileys, and a touch more maturity. I am still one of the lads though.

I would then read my inbox of people whinging at me, and spend hours rifling through charters, and previous warnings to prove why I am right.

At the end of the day, when its taken away from me, I would feel really deflated, like I got demoted. But after a while, I'd be fine.

I'd then be one of those out-to-pasture-mods who used to be a mod ages ago, who are not anymore, but post in that way that still says: "I used to be a mod, I just don't want to be anymore"

Scarily accurate. I am embarrassed.

• Advertisement

Don't post in this topic again.
    Feels good man.

haha i thought it was super rush who wrote that when i saw it 1st.

Thought someone had hit a nerve :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

you wouldn't want me as a moderator.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

I was informed in the past that I was more suited to being moderated than being the moderator.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

you wouldn't want me as a moderator.

I think the fortress of solitude day proved that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

Brendog wrote: »
    asmunch.........

rendog.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Yes. I used to be one on another forum and I enjoyed it quite a bit. It was not nice banning people though.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Of the forums I frequent: AH and Soccer - Dear god no. The others I'd consider.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

I'd be a right c*nt of a mod and I would ban anyone who disagrees with me or makes me look stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

How do you become a mod out of interest? What is the criteria/process??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Sea Sharp wrote: »
    I'd be a right c*nt of a mod and I would ban anyone who disagrees with me or makes me look stupid.

Banning an awful lot of people then :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

niallo24 wrote: »
    Not too sure about here, but on other sites you are asked to become one. Never ask to be a mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Insurgent wrote: »
    Banning an awful lot of people then :p

This is an example of a perma-ban worthy post warrenting hate-mail being sent to your email account for the forseeable future.

Try and undermine me la little b*llox!!

:pac:

Bribery with coke and hookers works so i've heard..

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

amp test

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Sea Sharp wrote: »
    This is an example of a perma-ban worthy post warrenting hate-mail being sent to your email account for the forseeable future.

Well, at least I'd be getting some emails then!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Of the forums I frequent: AH and Soccer - Dear god no. The others I'd consider.
    This tbh.

Some of the smaller forums that are less high volume that would not require hourly moderation, and as such would be less of a price to pay to get the coke,hookers, bolded name and access to the S&S forum!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

If I were a moderator:

1. I wouldn't enter into heated debates on the board I was moderating. The only comments I would make would be observations.

2. I would stick to the rules and perform clinical decisions that are the same for everyone. For me it would be an extremely straightforward job because I wouldn't bring any sort of "judgement" or "personality" to it.

3. I wouldn't enter into debates on whether I should allow this or that post, I would just either leave it or take it down. Moderators shouldn't be going around trying to influence people based on their own sensibilities, with the threat of deleting posts to back them up.

4. I would in no way consider my job to be too "important" and I would let anything that wasn't a clear violation pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

It's like asking do you want to be a teaching assistant in a special school. No thanks, too many ****ing idiots to keep an eye on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭starlit

No I wouldn't. I am having too much fun as a fellow boardsie. Wouldn't go down too well If I became a mod. I think the power would go to my head or I be too relaxed about bans and such. I wouldn't like to risk my sleep over it though. I don't have insomnia. Any bit of sleep I loose I'd have to gain it somewhere along the line! It would be a cool job though being a mod.

• Advertisement
Advertisement