Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Court orders demolition of family home.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

. The state will probably end up having to house himand his family at taxpayers expense.

Unless it can be deemed that they made themselves homeless...............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭mariaf24

I am just saying that we have been through it and it is very very frustrating. I am not agreeing with what they did.
    And like the OP said,they will probably now need to be re-homed by the council at the taxpayers expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

mariaf24 wrote: »
    I meant general restrictions, i have a list here, to the size of our kitchen windows to the distance from the door to the stairs.

have you seen the house in question? its dreadful no wonder it was refused.

have you seen the house in question? its dreadful no wonder it was refused.

Yes, saw it briefly on the news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

At least it will create a few construction jobs.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

At least it will create a few construction jobs.;)

Demolition jobs...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 TimberMerchant

I totally agree it should be taken down, i spent 2 years looking for planning, and also what about council contributions which he would not of paid either. I know the rip off large sum i had to pay. (And building the house twice the original size was the real 2 finger salute!) I note An Bord Pleanala also turned him down.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I totally agree it should be taken down, i spent 2 years looking for planning, and also what about council contributions which he would not of paid either. I know the rip off large sum i had to pay. (And building the house twice the original size was the real 2 finger salute!) I note An Bord Pleanala also turned him down.:rolleyes:

Exactly, everyone else has to go through the hassle but somehow this guy thinks he is above it and then people feel sorry for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

I meant general restrictions, i have a list here, to the size of our kitchen windows to the distance from the door to the stairs.

They are now in place due to the horrific dynasty style houses that people used to build.

Now, the houses have to be in keeping with the surrounding areas.

I have no sympathy for him at all and I cannot believe that people are saying that the house should not be thorn down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I don't get why the media are referring to this as a family home rather than an illegally constructed building.
    Is rté biased? :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

who would go in and knock this house?they would want to be very stuck for a days wages.i live not too far away from this house and my own belief is it will never be demolished,he locals will do everything in there power to frustrate demolition work commencing

So now you condone the homeowners law breaking by conducting some law breaking of your own, ie acting to prevent a court order to be carried out. Any local who tries to impede demolition efforts will be held in contempt of court and imprisoned. And rightly so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The humble abode constructed by a poor working man to house his family

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/192/bungalownoppvb9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

snubbleste wrote: »
    I don't get why the media are referring to this as a family home rather than an illegally constructed building.

That's just to put a sympathetic angle on the story. This tool went outside the laws, he didn't just build a house without planning permission, he applied for permission for a house and when he was refused he stuck two fingers up at the system and built a house twice the size. Was he thinking about his family then? How did he actually fund this build? He couldn't have had a mortgage as planning permission would have been needed. Did he think that because he had the money he could do what he wanted?

Down in Kerry I saw a house which was specified in the planning application as a one and a half storey house, but when built it is clearly a 2 storey house. It's built in a rural area and looks like a town house. Very out of character with the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭joewicklow

The humble abode constructed by a poor working man to house his family

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/192/bungalownoppvb9.jpg

Thats unreal. How do the 3 kids not get lost?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

He has built on shaky foundations and now the whole thing will come down. Its a very expensive lesson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

The family home would be the property that he and his family would be currently living in.

This would be opposed to investment and other properties.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Big balcony over the front door, fuckin JR Ewing style.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

joewicklow wrote: »
    Thats unreal. How do the 3 kids not get lost?

iphones with gps Joe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I don't think it should be demolished. Instead, there should be explosives put under it & webcams all around it. When enough people click on the "explode" button, say 150,000, it should be blown to high heavens.

The website could be called www.FarewellToTheCelticTigerHouse.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,984 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Karsini wrote: »
    Down in KerryI saw a house which was specified in the planning application as a one and a half storey house, but when built it is clearly a 2 storey house. It's built in a rural area and looks like a town house. Very out of character with the area.

I'm surprised that a lot more people involved in planning decisions, haven't been investigated.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

****ing hell. No wonder he didn't get planning permission, it's a montrosity! A hideous example of a Celtic Tiger McMansion. I'd knock it down on the grounds of taste, nevermind planning permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭mobby

Horrible looking house, looks more like an small office block. Knock it down :D

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I'm surprised that a lot more people involved in planning decisions, haven't been investigated.

Almost all developments are checked to see if they comply with planning permission as it was granted. Some monstrosities should never have been granted in the first place, but that's a different debate altogether.

Can it not be used for some other reason? It seems like such a waste to knock it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

The builders made a mistake and used meters instead of feet its that clear

Can it not be used for some other reason?

Yep... landfill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Can it not be used for some other reason? It seems like such a waste to knock it :eek:
    It would make a fine primary school. :p

I’m sure there is no shortage of overcrowded rat infested prefabs in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I kinda felt sorry for him at the start but when i seen the picture i said fcuk him:mad:

• Advertisement

Construction drawings are always done in millimeters. That makes it even worse!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement