Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Concert reunions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Jim_Are_Great

I was listening to Zeppelin before anyone else.

You heard me.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

Anyone going to My Chemical Romance on November 10th?
    I will be there :D (unfortunately though i'm going with a person i absolutely despise-but yasmin said she'll break in so i wont be stuck with that b*tch by myself)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Per Liefsonson

The Melvins are finally coming! Anyone going to that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

The Mainstream totally killed Boyz ll Men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Liquorice wrote:
    I have to agree with It Wasn't Me and Raph. The people who go on and on about how they 'liked such-and-such a band before anyone else had heard of them, before they got popular' etc. and therefore are a 'real fan' do my head in. Yes, I listen to some bands that many people haven't heard of, no, I don't think this is a reason to brag or have competitions with others about who knows the most unheard-of bands. Yes, I listen to some bands whose popularity has grown, no, I don't think the newer fans are any less 'real' than me. And I would hate it if someone thought I was any less a fan of any band I've started listening to lately than they were because they started listening to the band a year or so before me.

Plus, Dragonforce is a likelihood for me. \o/
    I liked Rasputina before you!

I liked them when no one liked them.

Sheep. You are a sheep aine!

Dave: i would hardly call MCR emo, they are pop

I liked Rasputina after both you and Áine but not because of either of you, if that makes any sense, so I wouldn't call myself a sheep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

Besides, even if you did start listening to the wonderful Rasputina because of us, it wouldn't mean you're a sheep, it'd mean you heard them because we played some of their stuff/recommended them/discussed them in a favourable manner and you had the initiative to take a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Got my Dragonforce ticket today! \o/

Ugh power metal... Sorry but I really don't like it... especially the damn vocals which constantly remind me of bad 80s pop. Someone's going to rip me apart for that now. I just know it...

*slaps* That's crazy talk! *Goes to listen to Manowar*

• Advertisement

I find Manowar hilarious. Come on, how can you not find them funny in their greased up, leather waistcoat wearing macho glory?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Manda5678

Anyone going to My Chemical Romance on November 10th?
    and by "anyone" i mean REAL fans that have liked them from the start (that being a year and a half ago) not just in the past three/four months....
    *glowers and hates mainstreamness forever*
    it's ruining so many brilliant band out there right now!
    BEWARE OF THE MAINSTREAM!!

Yup! Woo CTYI ppl at MCR! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I liked Rasputina before you!

I liked them when no one liked them.

Sheep. You are a sheep aine!

Dave: i would hardly call MCR emo, they are pop
    Good work defending emo from MCR there Matt, you should be proud.

a swift kick in the nuts will be proffered to you next time i see you Raphael
    I find Manowar hilarious. Come on, how can you not find them funny in their greased up, leather waistcoat wearing macho glory?

i find them arousing

You're getting beaten wiht a side-fringe now. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Sure he can do that with his own. Or his razors. Or put razors IN the side fringe. Er, I mean devil lock. :)

you are all Cúnts

Yep. Gonna cry about it? =)

heh, heh. Ahh, getting beaten up...

I'll ruin Lost!

• Advertisement

You do that, and I will find you in the middle of the night, wake you up, and kill you.

Remember, I know where you live. =)

It's ok Matthew, there's no need to get so upset and start writing bad poetry about crying over clouds again.

I hate you all

What an emo thing to say...

em em em em

I'm gonna curl up in a ball now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Mr.D.Leprachaun

Anyone mind telling me what emo is? :confused:

• Advertisement

em em em em

Was the O implied then? :p

Mr.D.Leprachaun: Emo is everything Matthewthebig stands for.

seriously stop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

The Melvins are finally coming! Anyone going to that?

As in Jello Biafra and? Weren't they here last month?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Jello Kennedys Biafra? Also in Melvins, or terrible confusion?

Biafra played the Village with The Melvins on the twentieth of last month. Are the Melvins playing again?

• Advertisement

Biafra played the Village with The Melvins on the twentieth of last month. Are the Melvins playing again?
    The gig was cancelled. But the Melvins are playing on October 1st on their own. They're just playing the first (and best) album

Funkeh. Would have liked to see Biafra.

Meh, the Melvins rock on their own as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Chris IS Cool

Anyone mind telling me what emo is? :confused:

According to something I read once, emo is an outgrowth of hardcore punk with emotional lyrics...

To be honest, I don't think there's a less appropriate word than "hardcore" you could use to describe emo... No offense meant to anyone.

Well, hardcore in the modern sense, where adding "core" to the end of any word makes it a musical genre connected to emo...

Well not necessarily for metalcore.

Particularly for metalcore! Metalcore is glorified heavier emo! Trivium for example: If they left out the emo moments and breakdowns, they could be an animal metal band, but they lose me when they go emo. The guitar work is wonderful though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Mr.D.Leprachaun

So getting worked up and emotional while signing hard-rock is emo?

Vaguely put, yes. It's a little different than that, though.

These people try and explain it, but what they're explaining is the less commonly accepted form of emo. What the term 'emo' nowadays refers to would be, in my words, a kind of whiny pop-punk. Only actually good.

• Advertisement

Particularly for metalcore! Metalcore is glorified heavier emo! Trivium for example: If they left out the emo moments and breakdowns, they could be an animal metal band, but they lose me when they go emo. The guitar work is wonderful though.
    Mastodon and Shadows Fall. Two metalcore bands with absolutely nothing to do with emo. And as for the core=emo, what about emocore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Love

Anyone going to Steve Vai?

Emocore is like emo squared.
    Or emo with hardcore leanings.

Mastodon and Shadows Fall. Two metalcore bands with absolutely nothing to do with emo. And as for the core=emo, what about emocore?

You should be slapped! There's a massive differencce between metalcore and metal, and Mastodon are most certainly metal, through and through! Am considering Vai, but Pogues takes the fundage away, unless I get more...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭guX

Speaking of Trivium, is anyone going to Trivium? It's on the 23rd of September.

You should be slapped! There's a massive differencce between metalcore and metal, and Mastodon are most certainly metal, through and through! Am considering Vai, but Pogues takes the fundage away, unless I get more...
    Ghagh! Must end silly debate about genres! Can we just settle it at some metalcore has emo influences and some doesn't?! Matt, you started this!!!

He would :p;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Vaguely put, yes. It's a little different than that, though.

These people try and explain it, but what they're explaining is the less commonly accepted form of emo. What the term 'emo' nowadays refers to would be, in my words, a kind of whiny pop-punk. Only actually good.

Fun site.

Might be going to trivium. Probably won't.

Oh, and the man who criticizes anything approaching text-speak entered a badly punctuated title for his rant! Oh oh look at this...

"Help, help! I'm bleeding! I'm dying! OH!" [death]

Who am I? That's right, I'm the english language. You have a lot to answer for, Raph.

• Advertisement

Oh bugger off

Advertisement