Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Due April 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Yea no one admits until your in the same boat.. My little lad still is lactose intolerant but can handle a bit in his diet.. Start of using baby milk to mix through foods then see how it goes..

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭deh983

Did you find it hard at the start finding foods that agreed with him?

I started with breakfasts first then after couple of weeks branched out. He wasn't too fussy he's worse now. He loved Sunday dinners and bananas still has one every day

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

the boy was weighed today 14lb 5oz at 12weeks.

he is now rolling from back to tummy and tummy to back, so need to start baby proofing, as he is rolling around the floor. he nearly pulled a big iron candle stick on top of himself today

Oh I had all this with jack so already done for Lucy.. Although every day there's something I'm moving as he's reached them..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We got back from holidays on Monday after 3 weeks in a mobile home in France.
    Lil miss was as good as gold,we changed her formula to a lactose free one before holidays and it looks like she is finally gaining weight,at a rough estimate she is about 12lb which 2 of my others were and about 7 weeks lol
    My 2nd girl had a bad milk allergy so this should be easier and will hopefully pass quickly.
    She can roll from back to front but can not roll back anymore like she could as a tiny baby.
    The last 3 months have flown and as she is my last ever baby I am trying not to miss a thing!
    She is so funny with her little chats and giggles.

I'm late on AF it came back at 8 weeks and Lucy is 13 weeks now almost 14 and nothing since they are usually clock work.. So once I get them I'm on the pill for sure till after Xmas and we may discuss a 3rd.. Praying I'm not already in trouble! We will defo have a 3rd but I want 1 Xmas not pregnant

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I'm late on AF it came back at 8 weeks and Lucy is 13 weeks now almost 14 and nothing since they are usually clock work.. So once I get them I'm on the pill for sure till after Xmas and we may discuss a 3rd.. Praying I'm not already in trouble! We will defo have a 3rd but I want 1 Xmas not pregnant

Imagine how close they would be in age, not sure if that would be good or bad :)
    Isn't it lovely not being pregnant anymore :)

Yes I really love not been and with her an all night sleeper so early on I don't want to tempt faith.. Both mine are in bed by half 7 up at half 7-8! I like my sleep time

same:)
    Caol goes at 7 and the girls at 8 and then I tend to keep baby up with me but she is an amazing sleeper too.

• Advertisement

God ye are so lucky getting them down so early!! Little man goes down around 9:30/10 and up at 7/8 so not too bad.
    He's a terrible lad for grunting and grizzling and kicking every morning at 5 but isn't actually awake. Very strange. He has check up in the hospital in Monday so will mention it then. His little tummy has been off since he was born so something must b bothering him still. Otherwise we are all healthy & happy so can't complain.
    Hope everyone is enjoying the weather :)

Bumbo is a success

Bumbo is a success

Aww , that is so cute :)
    I need to find a seat for Siún as the bouncer is getting too small and I had to dump out the one that the others all used .

She likes sitting up so hates bouncers.. So far she loves the bumbo.. I'm also going to get two seats for her and her brother so they can sit at the table with us.. They attach to the chairs and I can bring them when we go to in-laws for dinner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm at my wits end... seriously... Doc put Luke on soy formula (SMA) because the staydown wasn't working. He's just refusing the bottles completely now :( I've tried different bottles, different teats, different formula... :( I'm starting to get upset at feeding time.

He is gaining weight but the poor child spends his waking hours puking, and sometimes his sleeping hours too.

The lactose free milk is working for Siún,alot less sick ups but she is still gaining weight painfully slow.
    I am very surprised they recommended Soy formila.
    Did you try Nutramigen?

Lucy is on nutramigen too and was the only thing she never brought up

Lucy is on nutramigen too and was the only thing she never brought up

It was a life saver for #2 she could not touch milk for over 2 years .

Siún is on Enfamil .

Think number 1 needs to go doctor over same thing he's 16 months old and still can't have normal milk

• Advertisement

My lad is on enfamil aswell. Has started spitting up a lot recently. I wonder is it time to change teats on bottles. He is gone very clingy and doesn't want to lie on floor anymore either. Wants to b sitting up looking around. Can't get a thing done!!!

Lucy goes through that phase just get a bumbo my little one can look around at me and her brother and smile and laugh and I'm hands free.. Its great...

I have a bumbo that a friend gave me. Is it ok to use it even though he can't sit up on his own yet??

Not sure but I've been using it a few days now.. Lucy sits up on my knee with me barely touching her but won't stay sitting unaided.. She won't sit back though freaks out every time rathers to be upright

He's still a bit slouchy so I might leave it for another while. He loves to sit propped up on the couch looking around.
    Can't believe how fast time is going. 3.5 months already!! Have a hen this weekend and I'm not ashamed to say I can't wait for the break and leave daddy in charge for a change :)

Took me months to leave my first and not so long with my second I learned fast we need our time! Take it and run

• Advertisement

Took 16 months to get this lad to eat strawberries.. T-shirt not so white anymore lol

He's back on the Staydown and back drinking full bottles but back spitting up as much as before...

The public health nurse said something about hypoallergenic formula but to be honest, I'm loathe to try changing formulas again... his poor little tummy will be ruined.

She probably means Nutramigen.
    That sucks:(
    lil miss has puked on everything I own by now!

I love the pic,he is gorgeous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

January wrote: »
    He's back on the Staydown and back drinking full bottles but back spitting up as much as before...

The public health nurse said something about hypoallergenic formula but to be honest, I'm loathe to try changing formulas again... his poor little tummy will be ruined.

I know u might think I'm crazy but would u think about bringing him to that osteopath in mullingar Rory Murphy I think his name is.. The results seem to be amazing

Rory is brilliant I highly recommend him too.. Known him 14 years now

• Advertisement

Took me months to leave my first and not so long with my second I learned fast we need our time! Take it and run

It took me 8 months to leave my 1st at all and then I realised I was back to work in a week so I had to do it so went shopping and left her with her daddy.
    It is a lot easier to leave 4 of them;)

I can well believe it
    I find some days harder than others so day off or half hour is welcomed!

At the moment we have painters in doing the whole house and I'm confined to half a kitchen with the two of the babies nap times awful!

Ladies I set up a private Facebook group for us, If you want to join pm me.

If I was on fb I'd have joined..
    Just a quick question what size nappies are your bundles of joy in now?

Size 3 Aldi nappies

size 3 Boots

Yea Lucy's in size 3 but getting snug now

Size 3 pampers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

E is in Size 2 Pampers and theres plenty of room left, 19 weeks old!

Started spoon feeding.. Few spoons managed not bad for first attempt..

• Advertisement

lil miss had her 3 month check today she is 12lb and 62cm so the same as her brother and oldest sister was at 6 weeks:)
    She is fine though ,just small like her other sister.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Leo had his last week. 15lb 2oz and 60cm long.

PHN was was delighted with him, said he will be walking by 10 months :eek:

Left him overnight for the first time saturday. Heading out for dinner and drinks with another boardsie couple.

it was lovely not to have to worry about running home to babysitters

Lucy was 14 lb at her 3 week check.. 75th percentile.. Scary!

That is huge! what was she born?

15lbs 10ozs at 3 months. On 4 7oz bottles a day so I have a little monster on my hands here.
    Just saw the April 2015 thread!!! Hard to believe that was us this time last year!!

Lucy was 8lb 9 but lost a bit for few weeks with reflux then shot back up.. She's in 6-9 month clothes jack was 7 months when that happened not 4 months

did you mean 3 month check?

lil miss takes 5x 210ml bottles a day but sicks up a bit too and she is still tiny lol

Lol yep 3 month check.. Bad idea letting prediction text do all the work! Lucy drinks 4 7-8 ounce bottles a day then sleeps 13 hours

Lol I was picturing a huge 3 week old :)

• Advertisement

Although I'm sure 12lb babies are that by 3 weeks lol

Advertisement