Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Due September 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

No the painting is definitely my job or it would never be done!

I have my nursery painted purple from evie if this one's a boy he's in trouble!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Leogirl

We plan to find out the sex - although I'm starting to wonder if I'd rather wait - but either way its going to be a neutral colour for the nursery. Just in case we go again!! If this all goes well & the MS doesnt cause too many problems after the birth then we might. We both want a few but we are grateful for just one - we thought it might not happen. 2 would be really lovely though!

I'm planning to find out the sex too I've 3 girls already so nearly 100% this is another girl! Only 7 weeks to go to find out!

I have a feeling its a girl, dont know why -but happy either way, so is he. I'm dead excited to find out but then I think of how lovely it would be to wait. I dont think I can wait though. We're like kids - we just want to enjoy every bit of this & finding out what it is will be so exciting & its really something to look forward to.

I didn't find out with the first 2. My eldest daughter came to our scan on the third baby and asked is it a baby brother or sister!

I need to know this time!

I have a feeling a boy but logically it's another little Madam!

Leogirl your first pregnancy is such a magical time enjoy every minute!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I already know what I'm having but my husband and I want to keep it to ourselves until the birth so I can't even post it here because I have some friends who use Boards. I'm dying to tell and it's so hard to keep saying 'it' or 'the baby' when I know!!!

Novella wrote: »
    I already know what I'm having but my husband and I want to keep it to ourselves until the birth so I can't even post it here because I have some friends who use Boards. I'm dying to tell and it's so hard to keep saying 'it' or 'the baby' when I know!!!

How can you keep it secret! I would totally let it slip. I'm terrible with secrets.

Kaylami wrote: »
    How can you keep it secret! I would totally let it slip. I'm terrible with secrets.

I know, me too! I've been so close to telling a few people but I've managed to keep it in somehow. :) My mam knows and my husband's parents but that's it! I have bought so many clothes already though, it's ridiculous. It's just so exciting when it's your first baby!

So glad to hear I'm not the only one who bought clothes already!! I couldn't resist. My mum bought something the day I turned 12 weeks!! I held out a few days more :-)

My husband only let's me buy when we have our big scan done! I've plenty added to the amazon basket though lol.

I've to have my glucose levels tested on Thursday or Friday not looking forward to that!

• Advertisement

I hadn't bought anything myself until I found out the sex but once that happened, I could not resist. I'll have to try restrain myself for a while because otherwise the baby will end up with way too much stuff.

I have only been buying 0-3 months and up. Do I need to buy some newborn sizes as well? Some people say the newborn size is so small that it's just a waste of money so I don't know what to go by!

I told myself to buy no more until after 20 week scan but I now I will see 'bargains' & tell myself I was sensible to buy stuff. Any excuse!!

I hadn't bought anything myself until I found out the sex but once that happened, I could not resist. I'll have to try restrain myself for a while because otherwise the baby will end up with way too much stuff.

I have only been buying 0-3 months and up. Do I need to buy some newborn sizes as well? Some people say the newborn size is so small that it's just a waste of money so I don't know what to go by!

Heard this too but was thinking 0-3 might be too big for first week or two. I haven't a clue though. Total novice here!

I bought a few newborn things in the size up to 10lbs (other is up to 7lbs) I figured baby couldn't be much bigger than that.

My 1st was in preemie clothes for a few weeks and was 6 lb 4.

Deffo get some newborn vests and baby grows. Scratch mitts and soft back bibs. If any of you are thinking of breastfeeding I really recommend a breastfeeding pillow it helped me no end!

When did you find out the sex? I thought i had to be further along. I'm 14 weeks &'a few days.

Leogirl wrote: »
    When did you find out the sex? I thought i had to be further along. I'm 14 weeks &'a few days.

I found out when I was exactly 15 weeks but I live in the US and some places here offer gender determination from 14 weeks with 100% accuracy. Some of my friends back home have had babies and couldn't believe I was able to find out so soon because I don't think many places in Ireland will tell you so early. Guess having an American husband comes in handy for some things! :pac:

If you go for a private scan they can tell you at 14 weeks.

Hospital won't even guess at that stage!

Think I'll hold out for the 20 week scan, its not that far away & gives me time to make sure I want to find out now.

Hope everyone is feeling well today. Each day seems to be getting easier & nicer! Its true what they say about the 2nd trimester, even though my 1st wasnt bad at all - its nice to only wake up once or twice during the night having to pee & not having such sore boobs anymore! Fingers crossed it all stays so good & I hope everyone else is getting some relief by now too :)

I've just been discharged from hospital after I picked up a nasty stomach bug. Feeling much better today and baby is doing fine. :)

You poor thing, you've really had a rough time! You'd only started to feel better too. :(

Really hope you're on the mend & feeling better soon, glad to hear baby is doing well. Look after yourself.

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear you were feeling poorly novella.

Glad baby is doing well and your on the mend.

Xx

Hopefully the rest of the pregnancy will be smooth sailing!

I have had horrible pregnancies! Nothing buy complications and just general yukiness!

But all my deliveries have been great! I think I prefer it that way!

If thats how it works, I'm screwed!! :eek:

Don't think it's how it works but it's how I get myself through the next few months!

Our rescue dog arrived on Tuesday.
    Oh my god I'm exhausted walking her 3 times a day 😮

Kaylami wrote: »
    I have had horrible pregnancies! Nothing buy complications and just general yukiness!

But all my deliveries have been great! I think I prefer it that way!

That's what I'm hoping for too! :)

I have had 2 natural deliveries and a section. Give me a natural delivery any day I much prefer it!

Glutton for punishment perhaps?

15 weeks tomorrow and I think the morning sickness has finally gone away! Yeah!

Maybe I just feel better getting out of the house more and more active. It's hard to know.

Hope all you ladies are feeling well.

Why I am I so hungry- always at night!!! Heartburn all day & not bothered with food, feel better at night & starving!! I wake up hungry at 2/3am (one of my many loo trips) :-) trying to eat healthy & watch weight gain eating at 8/9pm is not good!!

Was told today I'm starting to show a tiny cute bump. I was chuffed at first, grinning away- but then feeaking out that I'm just getting fat quick!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Leogirl eating at night isn't an issue, it's how many calories you take in overall in a day that matters, not what time of day you eat, so don't worry about that aspect.

• Advertisement

Leogirl I get hungry at the strangest times too. Half 5 this morning I was up eating toasted ham and cheese sandwiches and couldn't look at food again until this evening!

Right so, pig out time :)

Only joking, long tucked up in bed now. The days of going to bed at stupid o'clock are long gone. I'm usually whacked by 9pm.

As soon as my 3 are in bed about 9 pm I head that way myself.

Husband isn't too impressed. Feck him he's not growing a little human.

I had an appointment with my doctor yesterday and she mentioned that I'll probably feel the baby move before I see her next at 21 weeks. I don't know why but I'm really nervous about feeling it! I was so excited but now that I know it's going to be happening soon and I have no idea what to expect, I feel anxious. That's probably so silly!

I remember how strange it was feeling the first movements!

Normally between 18 and 22 weeks it starts.

I've felt a few flutters so far but this is my 4th pregnancy.

Have had the most god awful headache for the past 2 days nothing will shift it I'm slowly going mad.

I've thought I felt something funny in there but I don't know - I think cause I know where it is from the Doppler I am just imagining it. I can't wait for something definite.

I've been laid up with my back since yesterday. Chemist gave me solphadeine for 2/3 days but physio if it isn't better. She recommended a support belt from now on.

• Advertisement

Oh your poor thing leogirl!

I had spd and was relying on crutches to get around. My physio recommend sitting on a gym ball to improve posture and it was a miracle worker.

I' be had back trouble for years and usually anti inflammatories+deep heat works after a few days but can't take either now. Chemist+maternity massuese recommend physio+the support belt but gave me solphadeine+the heat patch just to get me through next few days. I don't like taking the medicine but its agony at the mo!! They said it might go on throughout pregnancy so the belt+correct exercises should help ease or prevent it happening too often. Pain in the ass- literally :-). Everything else is great though. 15 weeks today!

I have been feeling great since I got over my stomach bug last week. I don't have morning sickness at all anymore and while I wouldn't say I totally have my appetite back, I do feel hungry now and want to eat. It's a nice change! My house is clean again! I swear since I've been pregnant and so sick I've barely been doing anything around the house. It would take me days to empty the dishwasher even, I'd just take a clean glass or plate out of it when needed!

Delighted to be feeling like myself again! :)

Hope everybody else is having a nice second trimester so far!

Great to hear you're feeling so good Novella. Have to say, apart from back problems - I feel great & I'm loving this trimester so far. All the symptoms I have are nice ones mostly. Hope everyone else is doing well too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I'm in a bad way. My tablets are really messing me up. Vomiting constantly, shaking, really bad anxiety and panic attacks, crying all the time. I'll have to go to the doctor in the morning, it was my son's 5th birthday today so couldn't make it.
    Can't handle much more of this to be honest. I got 3 hours sleep last night and the panicking is the worst part, the sinking feeling in my heart is unbearable :(

• Advertisement

I know the feeling PandaPoo.

They just upped my dosage of anti depressants so I'm up all night vomiting in between my heart racing.

Hate this so much feel like crap.

So sorry to hear you two. Hope you're both feeling better soon and that the doctor can do something to help you tomorrow, Panda. Sounds awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

18 weeks today and have been laid up for much of it :( caught the bug my little boy had last week .... So having a feeling sorry for myself day :(

Hope everyone is keeping well? I'm past 16 weeks now & felt movement on Saturday - just like popping on my left side where baby is. Thought I'd had feelings before but never sure - this was like nothing I'd had before. Feel the odd stir now & then but easily missed if I wasnt concentrating. I really cant wait for more regular, strong movement. Anyone else getting it? I'm sure some of you are further on so well used to it! Didnt think I could love this little one more but its much stronger now - cant imagine how I'll be when it comes out! :-)

On a bad note - AWFUL sciatic pain & cant sit, sleep, walk etc. Cant get physio until Friday morning. Anybody have any pain relief tips? Paracetamol just doesnt work :-(

Aw Leogirl, you poor thing with that pain. How are you feeling now?

I'm 19 weeks and I haven't felt anything yet that I could definitely identify as the baby moving. :( Hopefully soon! My belly is looking a lot rounder but still fitting into my regular jeans. I think it's gonna pop out soon because it's gotten so much more noticeable (to me at least, everyone else says I'm tiny) and so quickly.

I'm not great to be honest. Was at physio & it's acute sciatica that they can't really treat - painkillers & bed rest. It's agony & kinda getting me down.

Haven't felt any definite movement since- little flutters but hard to say its baby for sure. I think it is though - its different to usual tummy stuff :-)

As for bump, there's something there alright. My sis really noticed it yesterday. She took a pic & I could see it. It's strange! I think it goes up & down though. Still fitting into one pair of my skinny jeans- rest were put away last week. That was a bit of a moment, I got a bit upset thinking I'm too fat!! He talked some sense into me :-) got some new clothes & i feel much better wearing stuff that suits a wee bump rather than feeling too fat in my normal clothes. He loves the little bump, something changed in him the past week or so. Suppose it's more real to him now.

17 weeks on sunday- the time is flying in. I feel fantastic other than my back (my butt really) & wish I could get over it & enjoy this time. It's like MS is totally gone, I have so much energy- and my skin & hair look better than ever. Now should be so nice & I'm laid up :-(

Sorry for the big moan!

Aw Leogirl, you poor thing with that pain. How are you feeling now?

I'm 19 weeks and I haven't felt anything yet that I could definitely identify as the baby moving. :( Hopefully soon! My belly is looking a lot rounder but still fitting into my regular jeans. I think it's gonna pop out soon because it's gotten so much more noticeable (to me at least, everyone else says I'm tiny) and so quickly.

As for movement- mine was just one time a real pop feeling. Like bubbles. The others were little flutters but I know I could mix up other stuff & I could miss movement if I didn't relax & concentrate. When I was getting physio I was laid on my tummy while she worked my spine- felt like baby was dancing in there. Such a weird feeling. I can't wait for more strong movement. It'll be lovely just feeling that life inside me - just me & baby, for now.

You poor thing. Did you always have sciatica or is this just something that's come on during your pregnancy?

My MS is gone too! :) I threw up on the morning of Easter Sunday but I did eat chocolate at 8am so I guess baby wasn't okay with that! Nothing since then.

It is going by pretty quickly, isn't it? It's weird, it feels like I've been pregnant for a long time but at the same time, I can't believe I'm almost at the halfway point.

I've had back problems but not sciatica- this is worse than anything I had before & it's not improving :(

I didnt mean morning sickness, I mean multiple sclerosis. I didn't get sick once since I got pregnant. Blessed!! Think I'm paying for the easy first trimester now!!

I feel the same - its flying in but it consumes so much of me now so it feels like I've been pregnant for ages. It's just part of my life now. Does that make sense?!? :)

Oh, silly me, sorry! Way too used to seeing MS used as an abbreviation for morning sickness on a pregnancy app I use. :pac:

I had such a hard first trimester and the start of the second wasn't great either but doing good now. I do sometimes get a really sharp pain in my belly when I move or turn over in bed. Does that ever happen to you? That's about the extent of pregnancy symptoms for me at the moment, along with some food aversions.

I feel terrible for you though. There's nothing worse than being in pain constantly, especially in your back (or bum!). Hopefully you get some relief. Are you seeing the physio again or is there literally nothing they can do?

• Advertisement
Advertisement