Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rate My Team thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

John83 wrote: »
    SlickRic wrote: »
    your defence needs a tweak or 2.

Clyne and Gunter are nothing players this year IMO. Reading are not going to be the defensive force they were in the Championship.

Clyne may get forward for a Saints side that likes to attack, but you just won't get the CS points this year with him.

Zabaleta is a no-go now IMO. if you want to get into City's defence, you'll have to spend on Kompany or Hart.

Looking at my defence again after the talk of getting rid of Lescott. I agree it's too much money for a non-guaranteed starter.

My current defence is
    Lescott - Gallas - Demel - Rafael - Clarke
    Option 1: Ship Lescott and get Baines (0.8 in the bank)
    Option 2: Downgrade Lescott to a 5.5 defender and upgrade Pienaar to Yaya.

I'd keep Pienaar. He was central to everything Everyon did Monday night. Got 2 assists and should have had 3.

You could change Lescott to Gibbs which would be a decent move IMO. Gibbs may see a price rise as well after last weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Mancini hasn't decided on his best CB pair at all. that would be my worry.

there has been a LOT of rotation.

you're better off getting Baines. he's a defender who plays as a midfielder. or Gibbs. Arsenal will keep plenty of clean sheets this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I'd hold off on Arsenal defenders, they have City and Chelsea over their next two games.

roryc wrote: »
    I'd hold off on Arsenal defenders, they have City and Chelsea over their next two games.

I'd see Gibbs as a good transfer for the season. No point transferring someone in for two GWs only to replace them with Gibbs two weeks later. That's a waste of two transfers IMO.

Surprisingly, the Chelsea and Arsenal defences look the most solid but the Chelsea lads are generally a premium compared to Arsenal's. Plus you can't be sure who will play between Cahill/Luiz.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭bensboys

Hello All,

Just played my wildcard this week....I had a couple of injuries and a few poor performers. Let me know what you think of my new team.

Cheers

Jaaskelainen
    Rafael Gibbs Davies
    Hazard Bale Pienaar Michu
    Van Persie Ba Tevez
    subs
    Begovic Kacaniklic Clark McCartney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

bensboys wrote: »
    Hello All,

Just played my wildcard this week....I had a couple of injuries and a few poor performers. Let me know what you think of my new team.

Cheers

Jaaskelainen
    Rafael Gibbs Davies
    Hazard Bale Pienaar Michu
    Van Persie Ba Tevez
    subs
    Begovic Kacaniklic Clark McCartney

Nice squad, seems to be along the lines of what many here on boards are going with ATM. Personally id change Bale for either Cazorla or Yaya as Bale hasn't done anything of note so far. Also maybe change McCartney for Demel, i have him in my team and he didn't play last weekend so if he's not back in the squad this week ill be shipping him out. If your playing your WC theres no point in hanging onto a player whos a rotation risk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

opinions

rsz_gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Any ideas on what i could do this week with this team??

Hart/Begovic

Rangel Demel Rafael / Simpson Wilkinson

Hazard Kacaniklic Kagawa Michu / Guthrie

Graham Tevez Van Persie

One million in the bank and free transfer.

Any comments or advice at all be great!!

Any ideas on what i could do this week with this team??

Hart/Begovic

Rangel Demel Rafael / Simpson Wilkinson

Hazard Kacaniklic Kagawa Michu / Guthrie

Graham Tevez Van Persie

One million in the bank and free transfer.

Any comments or advice at all be great!!

Wilkinsons suspended till oct 20th, swap hom figueroa who plays as a wingback for wigan and scores the odd goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Wilkinsons suspended till oct 20th

I know hes on my bench though anyway so not worried about him for the moment. More some the others id be concerned bout.

• Advertisement

opinions

You have 5 good mids and 3 good strikers. That's 8. You can only ever play a max of seven so, if I was you, I'd downgrade a mid or striker and upgrade a defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

opinions

freaky. you've got the exact same midfield as me. 9 the same overall

Lemlin wrote: »
    You have 5 good mids and 3 good strikers. That's 8. You can only ever play a max of seven so, if I was you, I'd downgrade a mid or striker and upgrade a defender.

I plan rotate berba and pieenar with nolan, whoever is at home or better fixture plays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

opinions

#
    Pretty solid team, and similar to my own-
    I have just shipped yaya for Cazorla- which seems ideal dont trust yaya to keep form, also ben arfa another option to follow

figueroa Baines mccauley- solid
    Barnet?would prefere demel or another
    I had hughes recently for home games- but had changed to naughton from spurs for few weeks looks good option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Begovic-

(Krul)
    Ashley cole-Vidic-hangeland-Shawcross-

(Coloccini)

Yaya toure-kagawa-Dyer-

el hamadi-miyachi)

RVP -Tevez-Berbatov

subs in brackets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Begovic

Cocolini - Clark - Hangeland

Hazard - Kagawa - Michu - Santi

Fletcher - RVP - Tevez

Subs

Jaas - Kacaniklic - Clyne - Fabio (Injured)

Opinions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Begovic

Cocolini - Clark - Hangeland

Hazard - Kagawa - Michu - Santi

Fletcher - RVP - Tevez

Subs

Jaas - Kacaniklic - Clyne - Fabio (Injured)

Opinions?

kagawa - toure
    michu - pienaar
    coloccini - baines or cole

swansea and michu in particular are way over rated, use the extra money to get a decent defender. everton have nice games coming up for a while now too so baines doesn't seem as expensive considering he takes frees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

kagawa - toure
    michu - pienaar
    coloccini - baines or cole

swansea and michu in particular are way over rated, use the extra money to get a decent defender. everton have nice games coming up for a while now too so baines doesn't seem as expensive considering he takes frees.

I feel Yaya plays too deep and the only time he is allowed go forward is when City are 1 or 2 goals down. I feel Kagawa won't rack up the points till after christmas so I'll look at Fellani or Pienaar to replace him.

I won't be too quick on getting rid of Michu as he nice fixtures coming up which is the reason why I'm holding onto him.

In the past I've invested in pricey defenders and it just didn't work out for me as CSs are getting very rare in the PL these days. I'd rather stick with a cheap rotation defense to allow me spread my funds on my midfield and strikers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

35a2b89.png

I want to put Sterling in but unsure who to drop...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Activated my wildcard this week. Currently looking at:

Begovic Foster

Baines A.Cole Hughes Santon Demel

Toure Michu Hazard Kacaniklic Barfa

Tevez Ba Fletcher

That leaves 2.4m in the bank.

Thinking of opting for Sterling instead of Kaca (had Kaca pre wildcard). Very undecided though.

Also plan on bringing cazorla in for either hazard or Toure in a couple of GWs (never should've gotten rid of Cazorla).

Tempted by Kone for a bit of a differential.

Aguero for tevez is another possibility (I've had Tevez from the start).

Probably lacking Man United coverage but don't really fancy them atm. Kagawa I have at the moment, might keep him instead of Toure?

Any advice?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

Opinions and suggested formation for the upcoming gameweek?

capturexyj.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

0.9 in the bank and looking for advice for the coming weeks,selling either Tevez or RVP is looking likely......Any advice welcome!!

8b592f5bce94a2d9bdb91fe6b10fb006.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

35a2b89.png

I would drop Tevez,all the signs are he wont start,risky but i think Liverpool will beat Norwich and as a punter they are a decent bet!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I think Sterling is just as likely to see the same amount of minutes as Tevez.

Could be a full 90, could be 15 minutes off the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

35a2b89.png

im starting Sterling instead of Michu

S.M.B. wrote: »

Having started all the last 4 and looking very impressive? Seriously doubt it

manual_man wrote: »
    S.M.B. wrote: »

Having started all the last 4 and looking very impressive? Seriously doubt it

I'm looking at either him or Puncheon as my Noble replacement. Hopefully his young shoulders can take the pressure!

35a2b89.png

id leave sterling where he is

dahat wrote: »
    0.9 in the bank and looking for advice for the coming weeks,selling either Tevez or RVP is looking likely......Any advice welcome!!

8b592f5bce94a2d9bdb91fe6b10fb006.png

1.Id play Cuellar and clark over mcauley and demel as they are at home
    2.id sell howard or begovic as both players are at home or away every week you need better rotation options,stoke have some nice fixtures coming up after gw8
    3.id sell tevez b4 rvp

• Advertisement

team for the weekend

rsz_321.jpg

team for the weekend

rsz_321.jpg

You mad bastard, is that not Everton overkill? I know there a form team but stil...

Are you planning on keeping both midfielders long term?

You mad bastard, is that not Everton overkill? I know there a form team but stil...

Are you planning on keeping both midfielders long term?

Everton could get into the top4/5 this year, they have nice fixtures coming up starting tomorrow, ffscout has all 3 starting this week , i may swap one of them out for nolan in a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,275 ✭✭✭slingerz

Lads i need help in a big way!

My team atm is

Foster/Begovic
    Rafeal - Gibbs - Baines - Demel - Clark
    Hazard - Michu - Yaya - Sterling - Carzola
    Lambert - Suarez - Torres

Any thoughts??

Currently languishing in 763 positojn in the boards league

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

slingerz wrote: »
    Lads i need help in a big way!

My team atm is

Foster/Begovic
    Rafeal - Gibbs - Baines - Demel - Clark
    Hazard - Michu - Yaya - Sterling - Carzola
    Lambert - Suarez - Torres

Any thoughts??

Currently languishing in 763 positojn in the boards league
    Its not a bad team, think the bad scoring from alot of players over the weekend has so many people going ''my team is shocking'' or ''big changes needed''. If you went back to 11.30 on saturday i bet you were confident of all them players scoring well.

Presuming you only have the 1 transfer i would just look at replacing Toure with Ben Arfa/ Fellaini/ Pienaar. Gervinho is also an option but you allready have Arsenal midfield cover in Cazorla.

Steel Dog wrote: »
    Its not a bad team, think the bad scoring from alot of players over the weekend has so many people going ''my team is shocking'' or ''big changes needed''. If you went back to 11.30 on saturday i bet you were confident of all them players scoring well.

Presuming you only have the 1 transfer i would just look at replacing Toure with Ben Arfa/ Fellaini/ Pienaar. Gervinho is also an option but you allready have Arsenal midfield cover in Cazorla.

Thats exactly it!! The last 2 gameweeks none of the big favourites scored well so scores have been quite low for most, but you would still have to fancy most of those players to pick up points again soon! Michu for Swansea has a couple of nice fixtures, Hazard at home to Norwich will be a decent game for him to prove his worth etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

team7.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Only 1 transfer this week, should I keep it until next week.

I have the potentially big players in the team but 3 quiet gameweeks has only got myself an average score.

Is it best to wait until they return to form or get rid off 1 or 2 of them.

shayno90 wrote: »
    team7.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Only 1 transfer this week, should I keep it until next week.

I have the potentially big players in the team but 3 quiet gameweeks has only got myself an average score.

Is it best to wait until they return to form or get rid off 1 or 2 of them.

Wait for Michu and Hazard. Give them a week or two.
    Get Jenkinson and Fletcher out in the coming gameweeks. Try to avoid the hits.

Ace0x9 wrote: »
    Wait for Michu and Hazard. Give them a week or two.
    Get Jenkinson and Fletcher out in the coming gameweeks. Try to avoid the hits.
    Why would you get rid of Fletcher?

I can't understand how he's managing to score goals with whatever limited chances he's getting. It's almost like he's feeding off scraps and still managing to feast somehow.
    I know he's in some form but I don't think he'll be able to maintain it on a consistent basis. He's got ManC(A), Newcastle(H) & Stoke(A). Tricky fixtures followed by a few easier fixtures.

I wouldn't count on him for consistency in the coming gameweeks.

Rate my team for Gameweek 7. Views and Opinions?

capturedoz.jpg

• Advertisement

I can't understand how he's managing to score goals with whatever limited chances he's getting. It's almost like he's feeding off scraps and still managing to feast somehow.
    I know he's in some form but I don't think he'll be able to maintain it on a consistent basis. He's got ManC(A), Newcastle(H) & Stoke(A). Tricky fixtures followed by a few easier fixtures.

He's got practically 10 points per game. I'm less interested how he's managing to score goals, but that he is scoring them, and 12 bp from 12 in the process! legend!

Do you not think him feeding off scraps and managing to score from them limited chances is a good sign?

Fletcher scored 12 goals for a very bad Wolves team last season.

He scored 7 headed goals, the most headed goals by anyone in the Premier League last season.

He is now playing in a Sunderland team that has James McLean, Adam Johnson and Sebastian Larsson whipping crosses in on top of him.

He scored against Liverpool at Anfield, Newcastle, Man Utd at Old Trafford, Arsenal at The Emirates and Spurs at White Hart Lane last season so i think the tougher teams are not an issue with him.

Do you not think him feeding off scraps and managing to score from them limited chances is a good sign?

Fletcher scored 12 goals for a very bad Wolves team last season.

He scored 7 headed goals, the most headed goals by anyone in the Premier League last season.

He is now playing in a Sunderland team that has James McLean, Adam Johnson and Sebastian Larsson whipping crosses in on top of him.

He scored against Liverpool at Anfield, Newcastle, Man Utd at Old Trafford, Arsenal at The Emirates and Spurs at White Hart Lane last season so i think the tougher teams are not an issue with him.

I said the same in the Fletcher vs Berba thread. Cheaper players like Ba and Bent in previous seasons have shown that on form they can score against anyone.

And it's not like United or City have looked solid at the back either.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭arbitrage

This is my bench - 0 in the bank.

Happy with the starting XI and have a transfer to use so how can I improve the bench?

benchcb.png

arbitrage wrote: »
    This is my bench - 0 in the bank.

Happy with the starting XI and have a transfer to use so how can I improve the bench?

benchcb.png

Noble out for Sterling could be useful. Liverpool have a nice run and Noble hasn't looked like doing anything

manual_man wrote: »
    Noble out for Sterling could be useful. Liverpool have a nice run and Noble hasn't looked like doing anything
    Agreed.
    And ..Gorks is particularly useless there. More like dead weight.
    I'd recommend saving the transfer though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Help my team is useless!
    All suggestions welcome!
    0.3 left - willing to take an 8 point hit!
    Howard\Rudd
    Clark\Baines\Ivanovic\Jenkinson\Mccartney
    Fellaini\Nolan\Hazard\Michu\Mikel
    Tevez\RVP\Ba

Thinking of Tevez and Mikel out for Torres\someone
    or Gervinho in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Help my team is useless!
    All suggestions welcome!
    Howard\Rudd
    Tevez\RVP\Ba

or Gervinho in?

I would keep Tevez as he will most likely start this weekend. Your team seems pretty good to me. I can see some goals and clean sheets there. If I were you I wouldn't make any transfers this week and save the 2 for after the international break

Help my team is useless!
    All suggestions welcome!
    Howard\Rudd
    Tevez\RVP\Ba

or Gervinho in?
    Thats not a bad team, definetly not useless. You need to get rid of Mikel and replace him with Sterling or even Gutrie. Then you will have to replace Rudd with a goalkeeper that plays. you will need 4.5 at least to do this. See how Hazard does tomorrow and if he performs poorly replace him with a cheaper midfielder to free up some funds. McCartney will probably also need to be replaced. Dont waste a transfer on taking out Tevez especially at the expense of Torres.

As said above saving this weeks transfer and having two for the next gameweek mite be the best way to go.

My Team now is

jaaskalinen
    Begovic

Baines
    Vertonghen
    Cuellar
    Mccartney
    Nelsen

Mata
    Gervinho
    Bale