Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 181. Hendricks Vs Lawler / Pettis Vs Melendez

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

TimRiggins wrote: »
    You could throw Alvarez into the mix aswell, Really looking forward to him against Benson Henderson.

It makes you wonder who will get the next title shot. With Pettis being out for so long I'd imagine he'll be defending again soon enough if he wins.

Maybe Khabib getting the next title shot, and the winner of Henderson v Alavarez and Cerrone and Jury face each other?

Dos Anjos will look for a shot if he beats Diaz, but he got dismantled by Khabib, Maybe a rematch then the winner getting a shot at the belt? As much as i love Khabib and think he will run the division coming back off his injury i dont see him getting an immediate tittle shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

it's a two man division sadly

khabib and pettis are well clear of the rest imo
    nobody could have beaten dos anjos like khabib did though

mailburner wrote: »
    it's a two man division sadly

khabib and pettis are well clear of the rest imo
    nobody could have beaten dos anjos like khabib did though

Hes going to beat everyone in the Division that way IMO, hasnt lost a round in any of his fights either. The chaps a monster wrestler.

fcuk these late cards
    for such a huge card it's so quiet around here which I find very strange

the buzz around here when there's a card on during normal hours...miss that

nearly time for bed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Don't have work til 12.30 tomorrow, so gonna sleep from now til 3.30 in time for the last 3 fights. Then back to sleep :P

• Advertisement

I tend to watch them in bed and I'm just not arsed bringing the laptop with me, get sick of posting via the phone haha great fight there back and fourth!

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Curious to see Sergio Pettis fight again, he got lasik done on his eyes after his last fight

jsa112 wrote: »
    Curious to see Sergio Pettis fight again, he got lasik done on his eyes after his last fight

I don't rate him that much, he's certainly not a 2/5 shot here I think it's a fairly even fight. Hobar has looked good.

jaysus I think rogan is in love with pettis

jaysus I think rogan is in love with pettis

According to Joe this is his best performance yet.... Great round two but he hasn't showed much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

I was really impressed with the striking accuracy of Sergio. A lot of hard shots landing, especially in the 2nd.

ASOT wrote: »
    According to Joe this is his best performance yet.... Great round two but he hasn't showed much.

lucky for sergio hobar is pretty bad on his feet

not impressed
    when you get clipped by the likes of hobar it aint good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

fcuk these late cards
    for such a huge card it's so quiet around here which I find very strange

the buzz around here when there's a card on during normal hours...miss that

nearly time for bed :(

Give it a chance matie, probably liven up once the fights start(on tv..now lol) or when people get home from the pub
    ASOT wrote: »
    I tend to watch them in bed and I'm just not arsed bringing the laptop with me, get sick of posting via the phone haha great fight there back and fourth!

I hate using my phone too but usually leave laptop on other sofa while watching something so sometimes cant even be arsed moving the 6 feet
    over to it :D

lucky for sergio hobar is pretty bad on his feet

not impressed

Hobar gassed a bit, if he managed a takedown or two in round 3 he would have took a split I'd say. But one judge had it 30-27 so maybe not! Can't wait for the Samman/Gordan fight. Really looking forward to josh getting back in there.

I was really impressed with the striking accuracy of Sergio. A lot of hard shots landing, especially in the 2nd.

hobar looks very easy to hit imo
    doesnt belong in the ufc
    maybe i'm being a bit unfair to pettis...time will tell

Devastator wrote: »
    Give it a chance matie, probably liven up once the fights start(on tv..now lol) or when people get home from the pub

I hate using my phone too but usually leave laptop on other sofa while watching something so sometimes cant even be arsed moving the 6 feet
    over to it :D

I don't mind using my phone if there's a few people on to chat with, like now! Hopefully it might pick up closer to the main card!!

probably liven up once the fights start(on tv..now lol) or when people get home from the pub

I am envious

good night

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Im sure it will pick up once the bigger fights are on, only thing is this time of year people have Christmas parties and the like on as well.

Theres always a few of us on anyways!

Evans Smith with the win here please!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

WTF..cant believe they cut to ads right there..the suspense

Axwell wrote: »

WHAT? BTsport hasn't cut away

• Advertisement

They didn't on BT, what an absolute sick finish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

Have a treble on Travis Browne, Pettis, and Lawler as well as a side double on Melendez and Hendricks.

Will probably end up with nothing back as usual.

WHAT? BTsport hasn't cut away

Watching it on a Fox sports stream..they cut away right as she face planted so couldnt tell if she was out or not and if the buzzer was gone or not.

Watching it on a Fox sports stream..they cut away right as she face planted so couldnt tell if she was out or not and if the buzzer was gone or not.

Was a great finish right on the buzzer, Americans love there ad breaks!

thats stinking! I thought we would be getting basically the same feed from the states(fox) but Joe & Goldie kept talking and replays were shown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

I can see Corey Anderson getting his first loss here. Justin Jones slapping that horrible chest hair on top of him, causing an immediate tapout just to get away from it.

I can see Corey Anderson getting his first loss here. Justin Jones slapping that horrible chest hair on top of him, causing an immediate tapout just to get away from it.

lol I was thinking how awful it would feel if he started wrestling you. Looks like wire wool!

Jones looks like he's got some power in his hands, Anderson may be going to sleep if he's not careful.

Jones looked gassed after 1st round! Whats with his huge gumshield? :eek: It looks like its making his jaw about 1/2 inch lower than normal....more area to hit, surely its not a good idea

• Advertisement

Jones looked gassed after 1st round! Whats with his huge gumshield? :eek: It looks like its making his jaw about 1/2 inch lower than normal....more area to hit, surely its not a good idea

Yeah it's weird seeing a double mouthpiece in MMA, exactly why goldie said it seems to be disrupting his breathing.

Advertisement