Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paranormal Investigation Poll

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Not2Good

Did you hear of anybody else having success in the places you visited Milly?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Heard mentions of Ducketts Grove alright but didn't find much ourselves... Lovely building

Good on you voters. Let us know your investigation experience, thanks to all that have voted so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Ive always found ducketts grove a bit dodgy. when i was researching haunted carlow, I never found any information on supposed banshees there (though many other reports from around carlow town). then there was a bit of a tourism drive for ducketts grove, and now its got banshees. I have no idea if the banshees and the tourism are linked - though I suspect so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

I've been on only 1 "investigation" to Wicklow Gaol about 3 years ago now I'd say. What was it like? Pure and utter hysteria.... turn off the lights and people's imaginations go fecking wild. Nothing happened, there is nothing there....... some psychics who were absolutely winding the gullible up to no end. They had all the "activity" all night.... until myself and my sister joined their group and then nothing happened, because we put an end to the glass flying around the table, and actually sat down on the floor and fell asleep in the middle of one of their mumbo jumbo rants about a guard being there. When they saw that, they asked, sarcastically "are you asleep", we said, pretty much, yes we're bored, and then, they quickly exited the cell because we weren't biting, and TBH we experienced nothing. I speak a pretty good level of Irish, so I had a go at that, Wicklow Gaol is very very old, so maybe I could appeal to any spirits who might have spoken the Irish and again, nothing. We saw some green lights in one of the cells, but I think that was simply someone wearing a fleece top, they are known to emit static with flashes of light. Someone got a bit weak in one of the cells, but was a bit of a panic attack being crammed into a dark space with strangers.....

It's a lovely old building, with a sad history, but from personal experience, upon turning off the light, the slightest noise was deemed paranormal (even someone's loudly squeaking shoes), hysteria set in, minds opened up for suggestion and all kinds of shenanigans abound. I thought I'd be the most jumpy person in the world, but my logic just kicked in, and I was having none of it. There was an explanation for every single thing that was experienced, even if some people just didn't want to believe that.......

I'd love to venture out on another investigation with no "psychics" and see if anything different happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

wicklow jail is a bit like loftus hall - the tours are designed to scare moreso than for any serious look at the paranormal

Thanks to all who voted so far.

A clear picture is emerging , some have given feedback as to why they wouldn't go on an investigation … location of site, cost (as you have seen it can be expensive but thankfully a 'seasoned' regular contributor has shown that it doesn't have to be!) and bad experiences (of some who went to one investigation and thought never again).

Also, probably the most important reason perhaps (?) I often forget and not fully take onboard that this is not a 'paranormal investigation' trip-arranging site, or a meet-up' site but members just want to discuss and talk about the paranormal and hear what others have to say on the various topics…

But keep voting and leaving your 'reasons that might make you not go on an investigation' for feedback and informational purposes...

Thanks also again for the 'experienced' paranormal investigators for voting and sharing your experience with us newbies and enthusiasts all these years...

Tomorrow 22 Oct is the last day for voting. 5pm is the cut-off.

Thanks to everyone who voted. Although it had only 30 people voting a clear enough picture emerged I think....

• Advertisement
Advertisement