Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I being greedy?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Pride Before Ignorance

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Pride Before Ignorance

Ah here. I wasn't being nasty at all. Just saying it's a tad early to tell everyone! Seriously you've got some genuine advice regarding possible risks!

Ok, fair enough. I shall retract my posts for now. Thank you all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Ok, fair enough. I shall retract my posts for now. Thank you all.

I don't think it was meant in bad taste. I was like you and I think the upcoming generation do generally rush in to shouting from the rooftops.

I think the rule of thumb is wait 3 months before spreading the news.

Also, no early scans, trust me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

Dear God, this guy is going to be a parent..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Thetruth7

A child is not a puppy and can't be returned after xmas. IMO OP is too immature to become a parent. And I'm all for gay people having families of their own

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,877 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I've just given 2 yellow cards for personalised attacks on the OP. Please can everyone discuss the points without resorting to name calling of the OP. Instead of telling the OP you think he is immature ypu could perhaps suggest things he might do differently etc.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭irish_dave_83

Questioning the maturity of the OP is ridiculous. He seems to be holding down a job and has a stable and social lifestyle. I had that before I had my kids and now it is just less social and I have less expendable income, like every other parent in history.

Everyone underestimates the impact that having a child has on your life, absolutely everyone. It rearranges the priorities in your life, and not all are forcefully, most are by choice.
    At least the OP was thinking about it, and it appears to have thought about it properly, and I say congrats to him and the expecting mother.
    Probably a bit premature in telling everyone about the pregnancy, just in case everything doesn't go to plan, but it not the worst thing to do, it'll either happen or it won't.
    Hopefully everything works out.

Advertisement