Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭paddyred9

No probs CP, Looking forward to it either way. I take it your partner is Ghusk?

We'll be living across the road from you in the willow.

Has anyone heard anything about the train station plans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭cpstears

Folks, heard some stuff been bandied around about the Rail Station at Hansfield located near Barnwell, so to tie in with Red's Question this is what I have managed to find through a quick Google search. Just decided to post the information here incase anyone else would like to find out about it and also as a reference point relating to the Train Station for Barnwell Owners.

Taken from the Transport 21 Website:
    Navan Train Line

Outline of Project
    The first phase involves reopening 7.5km of railway line running off the Maynooth line, at Clonsilla, to the M3 interchange at Pace, near Dunboyne.

Three stations are proposed at Hansfield, Dunboyne and a major Park and Ride facility at Pace on the M3 interchange.

The project would allow 15-minute peak hour frequency commuter services into the new City Centre station (in Docklands) and 30-minute off-peak, and serving newly developed land such as Ongar.

Subject to further studies, it is proposed to extend the rail line to Navan within the Transport 21 Framework.

Completion Timeframe
    Phase 1- 2010 (Clonsilla to Dunboyne)
    Phase 2-2015 (Navan, subject to studies)

Current Status of the Project
    An Bord Pleanála approved a Railway Order on 29th February 2008 - the equivalent of planning permission for a new rail scheme - to construct the 7.5 Kilometre line from Clonsilla on the existing Dublin-Maynooth commuter line to the M3 Interchange at Pace, north of Dunboyne. The project is phase one of the proposed development of the Navan rail line under Transport 21. It is anticipated that construction will commence in late 2008, to ensure the line reopens in 2010.

Fingal County Council and Meath County Council have made a Section 49 Levy Scheme under the Planning and Development Act, facilitating the collection of development levies which will contribute towards the project. Iarnród Éireann and Meath County Council have agreed Terms of Reference for a scoping study for Phase 2 (extension to Navan).

In the meantime, the Docklands station, was opened on the12th March 2007 and it will serve all services from Dunboyne.

In relation to Phase II, the extension of the line to Navan, Iarnrod Eireann completed a scoping study in December 2007 in which they examined 9 routes and concluded that the project was economically viable. Two of these routes were found to be suitable and are now subject of a study to produce a comparative Business Case.

Documents
    http://www.irishrail.ie/projects/pdf/dunboyne/Alignment%20Plans/Alignment%20Plan%20No%20A002.pdf
    http://www.irishrail.ie/projects/pdf/dunboyne/Property%20Plans/Property%20Plan%20No%20P002.pdf
    Adobe PDF Files - Showing Works for the Hansfield Area

Links of Refrence
    http://www.irishrail.ie/projects/dunboyne_commuter_rail.asp
    Irish Rail Site regarding Opening of line as far as Dunboyne, plenty of drawings and images of new stations, plans etc.

http://www.transport21.ie/Projects/Heavy_Rail/Navan_Rail_Line.html
    Transport 21 Website - Navan Rail Line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭cpstears

Recommended reading for anyone interested in the development plan for the entire Hansfield area. Or for lay people the left hand side of the road opposite Ongar where Barnwell is located.

It has everything to do with the development of the Hansfield SDZ. Think paper versions can be ordered from the council or if you have a good quality fast printer you could do it yourself.

From looking at the SDZ documentation the current parking area in front of the show houses is an running parallel with the front of the houses is ear marked for a proposed road develoment connecting to the Lucan and possibly Leixlip roads. See map located at http://www.fingalcoco.ie/Planning/LocalAreaPlans/HansfieldStrategicDevelopmentZone/FileDownload,9004,en.pdf

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/Planning/LocalAreaPlans/HansfieldStrategicDevelopmentZone/
    Link to the Fingal Co. Co. Hansfield SDZ Website

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭ghusk

Just thought that I'd say a quick hello to all the future residents of Barnwell as I haven't been online in a while.
    The show houses for the Orchid are fantastic! I just wanted to let you all know that the quality of the finishes seems to be almost identical to the showhouses which is a good sign, as I've seen showhouses that are nothing like the finished product of the rest of the development. The last time I spoke to the foreman he said that the snagging should have begun the start of August as no builders holidays were being taken, so hopefully all going to plan we should be in our new houses shortly!
    As there is no pub open yet in Ongar, we can either go to Clonee or Clonsilla, (not sure which is closer!) so if people let me know I can arrange it closer to the time and let others know that will be neighbours, but who haven't been on here.
    Best of luck to all of you and try not to get too stressed (as you must be at this stage!) with the snagging and closing and sure we can all have a good laugh about our experiences once we move in.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marksquirt

bazni wrote: »
    I spoke with her this morning she said we wont know till all the foundations have been laid. Our house is No.15 the Terrance. I just had a look at the map and i see the Apartments are backing on to your house were they are beside our one! I have made a appointment to go and view the house again on Wed evening again so i will talk to her then and hopefully see the builder he might be able to help.

I will keep you informed thanks for your help.

Bazni!

Hi Bazni,

Looks like we're neighbours, we've bought no. 7 on the terrace. houses are coming along nicely. Do you know if December is still completion date?

Thanks!

• Advertisement

Got a call today from Ciara in the site office,
    Turns out we do own the car parking spots :)

They are meeting tomorrow with the foreman to discuss the dates and satus of each house so she'll know more info by the end of the week for completion dates.

Apparently its all going to plan so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 bazni

Hi Marksquirt,

We had to change house as the one we were buying would not be ready till next August at the earliest because of the apartments that are been built next to it so for health and safety reasons we could not move in but that was because we had the end of terrace the rest of them should be ok. We have now got one on the Place that will be ready in September but they are holding it for us till december.
    Does anyone know if the builders will let you in to take measurements?

Thanks!!

You should be able to get into one of the houses that are almost completed that is the same as your own style house. If it is the four bed terrace house I have the measurements already if you need them.

If you need to get you you have to arrange it through Savills i think,
    You can call gemma and arrange it
    016181339 :-)

Cheers Ghusk but ours is a 3 bed. I might head up this week and see if i can get in!

• Advertisement

Cheers Ghusk but ours is a 3 bed. I might head up this week and see if i can get in!

you are best off ringing Savills and booking an appointment as i doubt that there is any cnahce that you'll get in without a prior booking. I noticed that someone said they were visiting this week so you might get in then!

I've just been speaking with Gemma in Savills and she's arranging a date for me to get in to do measurements. She has to check with the site office when would be suitable. Maybe if you give a call she can arrange another group visit?
    Can someone send me Ciara's number in the site office please?

Thanks!

Mark,

Give her a call there, this is the number for the site office.

Ciara's Number is 6403071. Can you let me know if Gemma gets back to you and i can ring her then!

Thanks!!

Ciara's Number is 6403071. Can you let me know if Gemma gets back to you and i can ring her then!

Thanks!!

Of course no problem, if she isn't in touch by the end of the week I'll give her a call again but i'll keep you updated regardless!:rolleyes:

paddyred9 wrote: »
    Mark,

Give her a call there, this is the number for the site office.

Thanks a million!

Had a drive down there yesterday and they seem to be motoring away so hopefully the dates are still applicable.
    Delighted and surprised to see that they have put a side entrance on our house and this seems to be the case for all the end of terrace that are almost complete, so good news there!
    Didn't seem to be any flooding on the site, which I had been wary about considering all the flooding over the weekend and last night in other areas, so hopefully they have thought this through and we won't have to ever worry about flood damage.
    Hope everyone is getting on ok with the process and sure for some of us, it's only a matter of a few weeks. Can't wait to get in although I am a bit disappointed that the houses are being left painted white, rather than the cream. Just means that there will be a bit of painting required before we put down the floors!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Kia07

Hi folks,
    Glad to see this thread is getting busy. Went walking after work today up by the site, houses are coming along nicely, very little flooding on the site which is great, was a bit worried about that too.

Must give ciara a buzz and see how how our house is getting on, anyone else on here buying on the cresent???

Just wondering has anyone actually started snagging yet? The foreman had said that we were due to begin snagging the second week of August, but no word from them and also the driveway in front of the house is not finished.
    I presume we would have gotten a letter from Savills if the dates were being changed?!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lmd

Hi Ghusk, I got a phone call last week to say that the tilers have gone in. I bought on the green, suppose to be ready in sept. Where did you buy? I assume that im going to be snagging then. Did you hear what the management fee will be? Im still waiting on my solicitor to get back to me.

• Advertisement

lmd wrote: »
    Hi Ghusk, I got a phone call last week to say that the tilers have gone in. I bought on the green, suppose to be ready in sept. Where did you buy? I assume that im going to be snagging then. Did you hear what the management fee will be? Im still waiting on my solicitor to get back to me.

Hi lmd,

I bought on the green too :) Im number 19, the 4 bed detached on the corner. I was on the phone to Ciara yesterday and the current date is 1st of september to start snagging but its "subject to change" or so im told.

I spoke to Ciara on Wedneday and snagging is still scheduled to begin on the 1st Sept. The houses are complete as far as I know as the tilers are finished, the kitchen and wardrobes are in and the painter is finished. The reason for the delay in snagging is that the roads and foothpaths were delayed in being laid due to services being installed so once they are complete snagging can commence. From snagging to signing it should be about 2-3 weeks so we can expect to be in about 21st Sept.
    Myself and cpstears are making a few changes internally ourselves before we move in so we expect ot be in by early Oct.
    Is everyone aware that instead of cream paint, all the walls have been painted white?? I am a bit peeved off at this as it looks quite clinical, and it means an extra expense before we move in, but according to the contract this was subject to change, so we have no comeback!
    Hope everyone is on track for Sept! We still haven't gotten around to getting our kitchen equipment, must do that over the weekend!

ghusk wrote: »
    I spoke to Ciara on Wedneday and snagging is still scheduled to begin on the 1st Sept. The houses are complete as far as I know as the tilers are finished, the kitchen and wardrobes are in and the painter is finished. The reason for the delay in snagging is that the roads and foothpaths were delayed in being laid due to services being installed so once they are complete snagging can commence. From snagging to signing it should be about 2-3 weeks so we can expect to be in about 21st Sept.
    Myself and cpstears are making a few changes internally ourselves before we move in so we expect ot be in by early Oct.
    Is everyone aware that instead of cream paint, all the walls have been painted white?? I am a bit peeved off at this as it looks quite clinical, and it means an extra expense before we move in, but according to the contract this was subject to change, so we have no comeback!
    Hope everyone is on track for Sept! We still haven't gotten around to getting our kitchen equipment, must do that over the weekend!

Hi Ghusk,

What type of changes are you making??

Also ont he above post im in 18 not 19!! haha :rolleyes:

Hi Paddyred,

We bought the four bed terrance no 17 and we feel that the dining room will end up as a junk room, so we have decided to take the door out between the kitchen and dining room and widen the opening to the width of about 3 doors, putting in a header instead, making the room more open plan. We cannot take the whole wall out due to structural reasons so this is the next best thing!
    We are also moving the sink and toilet in the downstairs toilet from the right side, under the slope of the stairs to the opposite side as an adult would bang their head on the sloping ceiling! We intend to put the washing machine and dryer into the space under the slope to save space in the kitchen.
    I am getting really excited about moving in now and just can't wait to get in so that we can get proper pricing for carpets etc, as apparently the lenghts in the landing are unusal and need to be seen and measured by the carpet company before they'll quote me properly!
    I have the essetials already such as kettle, tea pot and cups so as soon as we get in you are welcome to come over to see the madness that ensues when we begin the 'small' changes!!! I laugh as all these changes were suggested by cpstears, but he is gone to Templemore to train to become a garda so it's me who ends up finding the tradesmen etc and overseeing the works!

I forgot to say to Imd that i heard that the management fees were about €300 for the year, and these are for the upkeep of the communial front 'gardens' with new plants each year and the regular cutting of the grass on the green area. I assume that this will also be used towards the maintenance of the playground once it is installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lmd

Thanks Ghusk. Had a quick look at site yesterday. The houses seem to be flying up. Has anyone got a call re snagging yet? Did anyone go through Simply Mortgages for their mortgage? How do you find them?

Hi,

I was up at the houses on Sunday and some people have moved in. Savills changed our house to the Place (anyone else on here buy on that road?) we wont be moving in till January but it was great to be able to drive in and up to our house.

Hi Banzi,

I didn't realise that people have moved in already!! We were up there on Sunday, but we didn't go all the way down to the entrance as we can see our house from the road side, but I will be taking a trip there this weekend to see if I can get any closer to the house to be able to have a better look.
    Where abouts is the place?

Hi Ghusk,

It is the road behind where the show houses are. Some people are in the house next to the show house and then there is a few in on my road. I just followed a car going in thats how i found out we could get in. You get in through the exit barriers.

• Advertisement

Haha brilliant, I'm definatly going up to take a look!! I'm sure I'll see most of you prowling around up there too!!

I met banzi the other day at the train station (tru a friend) are the others on here from around the area? I grew up locally too,

Advertisement