Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

season 5 what do expect? (for book readers)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

I have a feeling that the second last scene will be Jon getting stabbed by the Nights Watch.

And the last scene will be Lady Stoneheart taking revenge for the Red Wedding,

So viewers will be pretty dumbstruck by another main hero being killed off. And then the possibility of resurrection presents itself......

That would be perfect...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

And then the possibility of resurrection presents itself......

The reality of resurrection has already been shown with Thoros and Beric.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

MrWalsh wrote: »
    The reality of resurrection has already been shown with Thoros and Beric.

Yes I know that. But I read and re read and post on fora and have some theories. I can't see there being any reason to go back to beric until the Lady Stonrheart reveal.

And Beric is gone now anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Have they killed him off on the show?

Yes I know that. But I read and re read and post on fora and have some theories. I can't see there being any reason to go back to beric until the Lady Stonrheart reveal.

I don't think we're getting Lady Stoneheart :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Mormegil

Titles of Eps 1 - 3
    Episode 501: “The Wars to Come”

Episode 502: “The House of Black and White”

Episode 503: “High Sparrow”

I wonder will we see Kevan Lannister this season

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I wonder will we see Kevan Lannister this season

Some people are claiming he's in the show but there's been no actual confirmation (photo's of him on set, official word from HBO etc) as far as I'm aware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

I actually was hoping that we don't get Lady Stoneheart,
    but I've seen that they have cast that actress this season so I'm disappointed
    . It always seemed a bit gimmicky to me with not much in the way of payoff.

Where did you see that? You know imdb can be edited by anyone, so it's meaningless if that's where you saw it.

• Advertisement

If you are going by the IMDB then that can be edited by anyone. There's been no official word that Lady Stoneheart has been cast.

Unless Stoneheart plays a major role in Books 6 or 7 then I doubt they will be bringing her into the show at this late date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

That turned out to be a hoax. IMDB can be edited by users and someone was just having a laugh..

Have they killed him off on the show?

No but if we see LSH she is only reincarnated because of his sacrifice of his life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

GerB40 wrote: »
    That turned out to be a hoax. IMDB can be edited by users and someone was just having a laugh..

Glad to hear it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

At this stage with so many story lines diverging wildly from the books, I kind of hope that they just go nuts with it and get completely ruthless. It worked out reasonably well for Dexter (apart from the last season of which we shall not speak) where the first season followed the plot of the first book but then they went their separate ways.

From what I've read there's no Ironborn storyline this season, no Quentyn (those two are probably the least popular afaics) no Penny? Griff? Arienne? The Quiet Isle? I'd love them to include Septon Meribald and the Elder Brother but I don't see it happening given what they've done with Brienne and the Hound. Septon Meribald's speech on broken men is probably my favourite passage in the whole series. There seems to be a good bit in Dorne and Cersei and Arya and Jon and Tyrion have a fair way to go. I reckon the big climaxes are going to be Jon getting stabbed and Dany flying away with Drogon. That fighting pits scene should be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Mormegil wrote: »
    Titles of Eps 1 - 3
    Episode 501: “The Wars to Come”

Episode 502: “The House of Black and White”

Episode 503: “High Sparrow”

Ep 4 title.
    The Sons of the Harpy

• Registered Users Posts: 24,149 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I saw an official cast list for the year somewhere and Michelle Fairley isn't listed so Stoneheart seems unlikely but the actor who played Jaqen H'ghar was listed so it seems like
    a man will be back to welcome Arya to the house of Black and White.

^ Ya heard/read that too...

Probably not a bad change. Jaqen H'ghar was very likeable in the book and show, so more of him isn't a bad thing.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,139 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Does that mean it was him all along in the books too? :pac:

It's possible he might just be in an Arya flashback or dream too though?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Does that mean it was him all along in the books too? :pac:

I don't think so, because there is a theory that he is Pates killer in AFFC.

You would think if they were to meet again then he'd have a different face anways.

I don't think the shows producers as are pedantic as us though, and they will probably cut most of AFFC anyways.

• Advertisement

How true this is I don't know but supposedly the Kindly Man wears Jaqan's "original" face (at least for a while) but tells Arya that he isn't actually the same Faceless Man that she met before.

Mormegil wrote: »
    How true this is I don't know but supposedly the Kindly Man wears Jaqan's "original" face (at least for a while) but tells Arya that he isn't actually the same Faceless Man that she met before.

Id like this. And I think itd work for the tv show too.

Mind you, a couple of non book readers I know didnt even notice Jaqan's face change in the show until I replayed it for them on youtube!

Sleepy wrote: »
    I saw an official cast list for the year somewhere and Michelle Fairley isn't listed so Stoneheart seems unlikely but the actor who played Jaqen H'ghar was listed so it seems like
    a man will be back to welcome Arya to the house of Black and White.

Which one? The original or the face he switched to at the end?

Which one? The original or the face he switched to at the end?

The original I think.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    The original I think.

Hmmm, I hope it's a flashback. I suppose for the sake of non readers it makes sense thought.

In fairness with the amount of recasting that's been done already though the whole face changing thing is a bit lost in the translation to screen.

In fairness with the amount of recasting that's been done already though the whole face changing thing is a bit lost in the translation to screen.

Yeah couldnt agree more - you cant expect a subtle face change to work when you then produce a guy with a different build, hair, face and accent to be Daario.

The trailers drive me mad when the action is so fast I can't see what's going on!

Why is Brienne in a snowstorm?

Who is Jamie fighting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

Why is Brienne in a snowstorm?

Because winter is coming ;) Given that it's snowing in Kings Landing by the end of Dance it could be almost anywhere in the Riverlands or further North.
    Who is Jamie fighting?

Looks to be the same person or at least in similar garb to the previous shot of two Dornish fighting, also similar to Areo Hotah's get up, though I doubt it's him given the lack of axe. Oberyn had a similar jacket too so I'd bet that whoever it is they're attached to the Martells somehow.

Did that look like Sansa in Winterfell?? If so they're doing away with the fake Arya plot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,149 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Sansa's in the Winterfell crypts... Jeyne Poole has never been cast... Sophie Turner mentioned an extremely shocking scene in the next season... are we going to see Sansa get the Ramsey treatment? :eek:

Advertisement