Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deadline Day: Bring Out The Transfer Gimp!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

cson wrote: »
    Using the Daily Fail as a source...

October-18-2011-20-12-49-DoubleFacePalm.jpg
    The one on the left looks like Pep Guardiola

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

amiable wrote: »
    I think RVP will be gone in the summer

Yeah, I think Wenger would be crazy not to sell him this season. He has had a great season and will be considered world class on the back of it. If Barca/City offered a decent price he should take their hand and everything rather risk him returning to his previous form or being injured again every few weeks.

He is also late 20's so will probably see this as his last chance to jump to a team capable of winning silverware so I reckon he will want to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Yeah, I think Wenger would be crazy not to sell him this season. He has had a great season and will be considered world class on the back of it. If Barca/City offered a decent price he should take their hand and everything rather risk him returning to his previous form or being injured again every few weeks.

He is also late 20's so will probably see this as his last chance to jump to a team capable of winning silverware so I reckon he will want to go.

Yeah I'm sure if he'd been a Liverpool player, he'd be desperate to stay with a club that had just won the Carling Cup :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Guangzhou Evergrande have purchased Lucas Barrios from Dortmund on a 4 year contract. Shame he has chosen to do this so young.

While I wish him the best of luck and all that. It's an idiotic move, no matter how much anyone wants to justify with what he'll be earning. I'll miss the guy anyway, Lewandowski has really stepped up this season but if there is one thing I felt Klopp didn't do well, that was leave Barrios high and dry at times this season after what he did last season for the club.

greendom wrote: »
    Yeah I'm sure if he'd been a Liverpool player, he'd be desperate to stay with a club that had just won the Carling Cup :pac:

What have Liverpool got to do with it?

Think you hit a nerve for that random dig :pac:

It was a dig, I was just responding to it

It was a dig, I was just responding to it

Pointing out Arsenal are not in the position to win Silverware is a dig?

Pointing out Arsenal are not in the position to win Silverware is a dig?

yes

yes

And Liverpool fans are the sensitive ones.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

On RVP, I think he'd be mad not to consider his options this summer giving his age.
    It's not a foregone conclusion that he will leave and I could totally understand if he decided to stay as he's got cult status there and Arsenal may well re evaluate their pay structure to keep him.
    In saying that I think some Arsenal fans refuse to believe he may leave as Wenger has stated he wouldn't sell to Man City. I don't agree with that point of view either..
    It's probably a very close call but my money would be on him to leave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

11/10 on Paddy Power if that's where your money would be ;)

cson wrote: »
    11/10 on Paddy Power if that's where your money would be ;)

Not an attractive price to me :)
    For the record, I hope he stays at Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

-Ade- wrote: »
    While I wish him the best of luck and all that. It's an idiotic move, no matter how much anyone wants to justify with what he'll be earning. I'll miss the guy anyway, Lewandowski has really stepped up this season but if there is one thing I felt Klopp didn't do well, that was leave Barrios high and dry at times this season after what he did last season for the club.

Some players are ambitious. Some are like Barrios. I would think he could have got €60k+ a week at a few teams in Europe. But he seems happy enough to play for the Chinese Super League and the Asian CL.

Dario Conca is another one. He was terrific in Brazil but everytime I see him play in the CL with Guangzhou he is playing half arsed and uninterested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

United are going to be linked with EVERYONE again this summer.

Seemingly Gaitan, Hazard and Kagawa are towards the top of our lists.

We have also been scouting a lot of left backs so movement there seems very likely.

Would like a more defensive minded CM who is good on the ball (Martinez/Sahin) and a creative midfield threat (Hazard/Gaitan/Kagawa) along with a full back.

I expect a goal keeper, a striker and a right winger.

Curious as to why you think we'll sign a GK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,338 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Degag wrote: »
    Curious as to why you think we'll sign a GK?

It was a joke, they're the positions United are stacked in...

A couple of left footed players to add more balance wouldn't go amiss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Liam O wrote: »
    It was a joke, they're the positions United are stacked in...

A couple of left footed players to add more balance wouldn't go amiss.
    Ah yeah. Went completely over my head. Was slightly wondering about the other two also, but with Berba likely leaving in the summer, a striker isn't totally out of the question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Some players are ambitious. Some are like Barrios. I would think he could have got €60k+ a week at a few teams in Europe. But he seems happy enough to play for the Chinese Super League and the Asian CL.

Dario Conca is another one. He was terrific in Brazil but everytime I see him play in the CL with Guangzhou he is playing half arsed and uninterested.

It seems, that's where the money is...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

Disappointed at all the reports of possible departures at BvB. I really like them as a club and hoped they would give Europe a good go next season. If they held on to all their big names and allowed them to progress (most are pretty young right?) I think they could have really taken steps forward as a club and established themselves on a wider basis.

But alas...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

Disappointed at all the reports of possible departures at BvB. I really like them as a club and hoped they would give Europe a good go next season. If they held on to all their big names and allowed them to progress (most are pretty young right?) I think they could have really taken steps forward as a club and established themselves on a wider basis.

But alas...

In fairness i don't think Barrios was as important this season as he was the previous one and I think him and kagawa will be the only big departures and they have a ready made replacement for Kagawa in Marco Reus who's coming in.

Eljero Elia is available from Juve. That move to a bigger club he kept talking about in interviews has worked out great for him! I can see him moving to the EPL.

Stat from Twitter - Elia played more minutes for Hamburg than Juventus this season! He was sold on deadline day in August.

Raul has joined Al Sadd of Qatar.

Paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

That's crappy. He was unreal for Shalke in the Europa league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Vertoghen looks to be on the move as well with a deal to go to spurs looking close after his comments in recent weeks I wonder if it is dependent on if we have champions league football next year though.

Others likely to move Hazard obviously likely to City I'd say given the wages they can pay although Kagawa would actually be better in my opinion you would be getting a top class player and massively increasing your fan base in Japan.

Moses and James McCarthy could be on the move this summer too I think both have contracts coming to there last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Ferguson and Mike Phelan were in attendance at Dortmund-Bayern.

I'm not a Utd fan but would like to see Kagawa join them next season, really good player.

• Advertisement

Samich wrote: »
    That's crappy. He was unreal for Shalke in the Europa league.

He only signed a one year deal. I think that option on the same money would have been there next year and possibly the year after. Wish he stayed in the Bundesliga a bit longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

looks like Hazard to City
    Kagawa to Utd
    & M'Villa to Arsenal could all happen soon

MD1990 wrote: »
    looks like Hazard to City
    Kagawa to Utd
    & M'Villa to Arsenal could all happen soon

I think M'Vila will end up at Inter now.
    I thought Arsenal were going to get him but now I think Inter will get him.

Inter director Marco Branca has confirmed that the club are in talks with Atletico Mineiro regarding the transfer of Diego Forlan

amiable wrote: »
    I think M'Vila will end up at Inter now.
    I thought Arsenal were going to get him but now I think Inter will get him.

Indeed. Inter are in a strong position to sign him now reportedly. Hopefully they get him and not Arsenal.

• Advertisement

Indeed. Inter are in a strong position to sign him now reportedly. Hopefully they get him and not Arsenal.

L'Equipe reported yesterday that Inter were the likely destination M'Vila

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Rossi and Lee from relegated sides would be great buys for any team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Rossi? From villareal? I Thought he was injured for the next 8-9 months...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Chelsea have signed.....The HULK!

http://desporto.sapo.pt/futebol/primeira_liga/artigo/2012/05/13/hulk_tem_acordo_com_o_chelsea.html

Hulk already has an agreement with Chelsea

The FC Porto's Brazilian striker will start the season 2012/2013 in the London club Chelsea.

Hulk made ​​his last game with the jersey of FC Porto last Saturday in Vila do Conde. The team already knew FC Porto's Brazilian decision to move from Porto to London, and should have been the reason why the striker has not played since the beginning.

The SAPO Sports knows that the Brazilian striker has already fired the people closest to the city of Porto, and revealed that changes to the British capital at the beginning of next season.

However, it is unknown if the value agreed by the two clubs since Hulk is shieldedfrom FC Porto for € 100 million, a valid contract until June 2016.

Paragraph 12 of the Dragons went on Sunday, holiday and when you return the business of his transfer to Chelsea is already completed.

Probably arounf the 30-40 million mark and its a likely to be a pre window agreement.

All transfers have to be released to the stock market

Pretty reliable source, they got the Falcao and AVB story right

Huge signing for Chelsea if true
    Hulk could potentially become one of the best in the world

really? I think he's over rated myself - bit disappointed if true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭JPA

So overrated it's unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,548 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Falcao was the one of that old strikeforce that the big English clubs should have been looking for. Their loss = Atleti's gain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

green with envy :)

:eek:

• Advertisement

i think he is a great player
    Power,Pace,Trickery & a cannon of a left foot

Yeah.. but potentially of the best players in the world!?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Milan have already signed Ricardo Montolivo and Bakaye Traoré, expect a very, very active summer for Milan.

Zambrotta, Inzaghi, Nesta, Yepes, Seedorf, van Bommel, Aqualani, Flamini, Gattuso and I think one more player, who I can't remember, all leaving next month.

Expect a lot of signings in midfield and defence.

Yeah.. but potentially of the best players in the world!?
    yeah in the top 10
    i think he can get there

Seaneh wrote: »
    Milan have already signed Ricardo Montolivo and Bakaye Traoré, expect a very, very active summer for Milan.

Zambrotta, Inzaghi, Nesta, Yepes, Seedorf, van Bommel, Aqualani, Flamini, Gattuso and I think one more player, who I can't remember, all leaving next month.

Expect a lot of signings in midfield and defence.
    there are short on cash though
    so i wouldnt expect many big money signings

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

there are short on cash though
    so i wouldnt expect many big money signings

Owner is still one of the richest men in the world and now that he's no longer involved in Politics he will spend more on the team, it's always been the way, when the team needs investment, he invests.
    I wouldn't expect a massive signing, but lots of quality will be brought in.

CSF wrote: »
    Falcao was the one of that old strikeforce that the big English clubs should have been looking for. Their loss = Atleti's gain.

I think he could be Chelsea bound as well - ironic if we end up with a lot of AVB's players

Napoli, Atletico and Inter both missed out on CL

Could be Sneijder to Utd???

Hamsik, Cavani up for grabs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Love Hulk's photo on Wikipedia. "WTF is this stuff?"

From what I seen of him thats it really, barges past players and a big shot - no real dribbling.

Good thing is he does pass the ball, so good times for Torres!?

• Advertisement

Juventus will get Lavezzi or Cavani id say
    they have cash because there are not renting stadiums anymore & are getting revenue from there new stadium

Advertisement