Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What game would you like to see remade?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Any new Spy vs Spy games on the horizon ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Sarky
    And Magic Carpet 3, anyone?
    jebus, i'd forgotten all about the first 2 mc games, fuppin class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Pax Imperia: Eminent Domain

Original Carmageddon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Originally posted by Quigs Snr
    Turrican in maybe in 3D, maybe shiny 2D. Dunno. Loved that game and it's Sequel on the C64, yes the amiga had (technically) better graphics, although the overall effect was better on the C64 I felt.

Also the last ninja (C64), although I heard rumours that this was being made.

Two of the best games eve rmade, right there.
    I heard a new last ninja game IS in development, saw a few screens last year, but havent heard anything since.
    And theres a game coming out on the GC called Thornado, which is supposed to a kinda spiritual sequel to Turrican. Whatever that means.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Speedball 2. Exactly like the Amiga classic only with support for online play. Imagine taking place in a Speedball league against eight (seven, I don't know how many) human opponents with the ability to trade players and get promoted or relegated!

That'd be class I reckon. Perhaps that's what Speedball Arena will be like though looking at the Bitmap's site this project may have been abandoned.

I think it's a great suggestion to remake the original Super Mario Brothers but I'm not sure how the fast action would translate into a 3d environment.

On the subject of sequels I'd love to see Shadowrun II or a proper follow up (not an expansion set) to Bluebyte's Incubation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

some good ideas there, especially would like revamped XCOM/UFO - imagine multiplayer? coop missions or fight against a rival group of agents :)

However, I'll have to put forward Master of Magic (microprose). Gimme that all brought up to date with Multiplayer support built in!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Anyone remember Gods, by the Bitmap Brothers? Was out on PC and Mega Drive yonks ago.

Bloody brilliant game, would keep it as a 2D platformer, but would love to see a graphical overhaul and CD-quality sound.

*drools*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Ah Gods. What a glorious piece of platforming puzzlery that was. And so gorgeous I could cry.

Into.... the wonderful.

But I dunno about bring it into the 21st century. Graphically it'd couldn't really be improved much other than putting on some faux 3d background stuff. Some new levels would be nice though.

Speedball came out on the playstation there a while ago and tbh it didn't gain much from being in 3d. Yeah you had a slightly different ways of view the game but all from above. To my mind they just put in the 3d so it could be sold on the ps1, which isn't a bad idea in itself as a lot of ps1 owners wouldn't have had an Amiga, but didn't really appeal to me. I was and still am a big fan of the Bitmap brothers artwork.

A lot of good pre 95 games would have been created in 2d and when they make the transition to 3d it often becomes a different game entirely.

Duke Nukem 3d has very little it common with it's 2d ancestor for example. The only one that I can think of that plays very similarly is the GTA series which made the transition wonderfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

laser squad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Turrican. Done in the style of Metroid Prime, but with more focus on the combat. Mmmm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I recently found an old favourite of mine when cleaning my room: Pirates! on the Amiga/PC. Fantastic, you sail around, shoot at boats, swashbuckle a bit, invade the odd town, and go looking for treasure. Very very simple, but ridiculously fun. It'd be great with updated sound and visuals (I think it has about 16 colours maximum...)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Lordy

Originally posted by Sarky
    I recently found an old favourite of mine when cleaning my room: Pirates! on the Amiga/PC. Fantastic, you sail around, shoot at boats, swashbuckle a bit, invade the odd town, and go looking for treasure. Very very simple, but ridiculously fun. It'd be great with updated sound and visuals (I think it has about 16 colours maximum...)

That is being remade! It was in the last issue of PC Zone that Sid Meier was going to do a remake ...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,858 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I just remembered the terminator fps games on the PC that were set in the future. They were great. I think they were called Terminator Future Shock and Skynet. It would be great to see a similar terminator game that lays just as good. Probably won't happen since some crap company will snap up the license and make a bog standard one.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Retro: Check out this month's PC Format. There is a feature on a new Terminator game coming out on the PC. Looks pretty good.....

- Dave.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,858 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Any idea what team is behind it? It better not be 'the kings of bog standard', Raven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I would love to see Body Harvest from N64 remade sorta, well not remade but the teenie flaws fixed and then get a massive release so everyone can see how possibly the best 3rd person shooter ever was so hideously overlooked.

This game beats the poo out of Halo and any other game in that vein but it did have some control issues and the main guy had a really bad dislike of water but other than that it was superb shooting shooting and the odd puzzle thrown in but with timebased attacks by the aliens and no mid game save it made for some frantic gameplay.

Oh lets not forget the planes ,boats,cars,bikes,tanks and fire engines that you could drive.

Rockstar made it and a remake would be superb.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by tman
    destruction derby raw.

i know they're doing an online sequel for the ps2 but tbh, i'd be happy if it was the same game with next gen graphics & some extra tracks.

gta1 with vice city's engine would be class:)

I bet you actually went out and bought every EA Sports title ever made too....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by Greenbean
    Hate to sound so boring, but Frontier: Elite re-made right just appeals so much. Plenty of people have tried and made decent games (freelancer recently, wing-commander privateer, x-beyond the frontier, even jumpgate to an extent)

2 comments: X sucked.

I-War2 is about as close to Frontier as I've gotten so far (haven't played Freelancer yet, don't trust DX9 atm)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Originally posted by Lordy
    That is being remade! It was in the last issue of PC Zone that Sid Meier was going to do a remake ...

You have made me a very happy peon, Lordy!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by SyxPak
    I bet you actually went out and bought every EA Sports title ever made too....
    they're just 2 games that i'd love to play through again with shiny new engines...
    you comparing either game to ea's output is fairly insulting tbh.

its easy to imagine them screwing up dd arenas by putting too much emphasis on online play. dd raw is one of my favourite racing games, rehashing that would be no bad thing.

i wouldn't actually pay for vice city's engine with gta1's maps, i was thinking more along the lines of a free mod...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Turrican. Done in the style of Metroid Prime, but with more focus on the combat. Mmmm.

Exactly what I was going to stay. A Morrowind style version of The Lords of Midnight would be the best thing ever.

Advertisement