Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shootings in Paris - MOD NOTE UPDATED - READ OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    So 'Jihadi John' is announced of being killed by drone strike and ...BOOM ...

I doubt its related...

France is the only country kicking islamist ass across africa and in Iraq when it can... their efforts are considerable and to be commended.

The rest of Europe sits on its nut-sack....

Britain talks tough but has no military left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Instead of sending poxy drones to kill one fella Putin should just nuke the shít out of North East Syria and be done with these scum.

No he shouldn't. Much as I despair at the handwringing from some in this thread to simply destroy that area would be an act of barbarity, quite apart from the wider, non containable effects of nuclear weapons. There are also those in Syria, primarily the Kurdish Peshmerga who are fighting for a better future. Let's hope that they can be at least partially successful. Syria is one of the cradles of civilisation, though it may not look that way now, which was once part of the Greek sphere of influence, contributed to the body of poetry known as the Epic of Gilgamesh & whose cities (Aleppo is particularly mentioned) were praised in The Arabian Nights for their loveliness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

How can anyone now think mass immigration from Islamic countries is a good idea. This is the future people. Get used to it or let the politicians know you don't support it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Charlie hebdo i hope you're happy.
    ****ing idiots imo they have a lot to answer for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

Sketchy report on Sky News there that it may be a hostage situation at the Eagles of Death Metal concert, still ongoing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

RobertKK wrote: »
    Germany needs more sex and more babies so they don't need to rely on immigration and God knows who entered Europe during the past number of months.

You know it was was recent refugees.. You should work for Interpol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

efb wrote: »
    Political Correctness and integration didn't cause this. Extremism is caused by isolation and ghettoisation.

Exactly.

Everyone going on about "we need to stop letting migrants in" are idiots.

I'd bet anything that the culprits are French nationals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

And yet we take in people from these parts of the world without so much as a background check.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Are the people in the Stade de France being kept in the stadium

The soccer match has just finished

75,000 people or something there

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭WellThen?

Eagles of Death metal played here Tuesday.They are playing in Paris tonight. The gunmen have gone into the concert and taken hostages, they think the band too according to French TV and Sky. This is insane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭leavingirl

edgecutter wrote: »
    This is awful. RIP to all those that have died.

If this is radicalised Muslims, then we need to stop taking in refugees. They simply won't integrate into society that doesn't follow their rules.

Lol

crazygeryy wrote: »

So it's Charlie Hedbo's fault now???

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Plryty

The Gas factory
    The foiled train attack
    The naval base foiled attack
    Now this

All within the last few months in France alone. The Hungarians were right in locking their border for protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Orangebrigade

edgecutter wrote: »
    Political correctness is a problem, as the race card can be played all the time and it will be our downfall.
    The amount of people who think Islam is a race is ridiculous. Not being allowed to question the very cornerstone as to why these people do things like this? We are like sheep being walked to the slaughter house.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭meepins

Political Correctness and integration didn't cause this. Extremism is caused by isolation and ghettoisation.

You didn't cuck yourself hard enough whitey!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

be about 60-80k people leaving the stadium around now too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Letree wrote: »
    How can anyone now think mass immigration from Islamic countries is a good idea. This is the future people. Get used to it or let the politicians know you don't support it.

there are no politicians, nor political parties in this country who'd even think about standing on such a policy.

I suppose the closest you'd get here in Renua, but there is also religious nuttery associated with that too.

meepins wrote: »
    You didn't cuck yourself hard enough whitey!

What???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Gatling wrote: »
    Wtf

Tbh I've thought the same about most of the idiotic comments in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

electric chair for merkel

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Ah go away out of that. Victim blaming alive and well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

100% caused? No role for a violently hateful ideology? I have no doubt that social factors can be a contributory factor in people going off the rails but to absolve (as you appear to do here) jihadist ideology (which has had plenty of privileged, wealthy supporters) of blame is to engage in self delusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

This wasn't carried out by any religion, this is a terrorist act.

Any Muslim I have ever met have been kind and caring and I can guarantee you that they are disgusted by these scumbags carrying out terrorist acts in the name of their religion.

Stadium sealed off according to france 24, crowd unaware of anything going on match still going , france scored.

Hostages at the Batacan according to france 24, eagles of death metal playing there over 100 shots fired.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

evosteo wrote: »
    be about 60-80k people leaving the stadium around now too

Policing nightmare with this crap going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Superhorse

Oh my fcuking god. Savages utter savages, Time to get the gloves off with these fcuking head hacking savages.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

You know it was was recent refugees.. You should work for Interpol

I didn't say it was recent immigrants, I said we don't know who entered Europe in recent months, maybe Pandora's box was opened with the mass immigration that was allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,731 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

UK are right to keep those people at channel tunnel and still in France. France are stupid to allow them to be there, no one knows who is in that mix of people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭edgecutter

leavingirl wrote: »
    Lol

And your point is...

Advertisement