Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shootings in Paris - MOD NOTE UPDATED - READ OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

This is sounding like a really awful attack.

My thoughts are with Paris and all those there right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Sickening. Sky are reporting that it was three shooters.

Rip to the deceased.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

At least 11 dead, not 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Honestly what are the West waiting on before they wipe ISIS out? Are they waiting until there is another 9/11 or something, just wipe the scum out ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

This is awful, I was only thinking about stuff like this earlier as I'm heading there next week

Jesus!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

P_1 wrote: »
    Eagles of Death Metal playing tonight, presumably a full house

Religion of peace, love and death metal

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Sun King

Earlier today I was thinking about the Hebdo attacks. Jesus..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Apparently one of the shootings was at an Eagles of Death Metal gig :eek::eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 820 ✭✭✭BunkMoreland

J. Marston wrote: »
    At least 11 dead, not 18.

Fairly safe to say it will raise well above 18...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Any indication of how many people are in the concert hall? This could get much worse really fast!

Bataclan is 1500 capacity AFAIK.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

If this was the 40's ISIS would have been wiped off the Earth by now. US did not mine killing thousands of innocent Japanese but won't wipe out this scum . World is no PC .
    Someone need to step up, Putin probably .

If the U.S. went in we'd have protests in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Instead of sending poxy drones to kill one fella Putin should just nuke the shít out of North East Syria and be done with these scum.

And stop letting them into Europe ffs. They said they were doing it, they ARE doing it, time to stem the tide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

efb wrote: »
    And while they were bombing shopping centres in Warrington???

They were evil scumbags. Those in the republican movement who at the time tried to weasel their way out of proper condemnation of it with whataboutery & other forms of sophistry eventually had to either change their approach or were sidelined in order for the Peace Process to work. Today, those whose immediate response to outrages such as the ongoing incident tonight is to worry about how the feelings of Islamists might be hurt by criticism are playing a similarly morally questionable role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

Whats alll this R.I.P nonsense about with people lying dead on pavments as we speak. They're dead, not "at peace".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Honestly what are the West waiting on before they wipe ISIS out? Are they waiting until there is another 9/11 or something, just wipe the scum out ffs.

The West has caused this with their stupidity in getting rid of Hussain and Gaddafi.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭ongarite

Twitter reports saying suicide bombers near stadium now:
    https://twitter.com/stefandevries/status/665284330789433345

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Mod

The blaming of any race, religion, culture, etc. stops now. No one knows who did what ffs, give it a rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

God Bless Putin.

no messin'

unfortunately he sent the rats scurrying back to Europe. Watch out for similar attacks in the UK soon.

Need to wake the f*ck up. Angela Merkel should be tried for treason.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

This looks a little like the Mumbai terrorist attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Uncle Ben wrote: »
    Practice probably for next years euros in France.

At the current rate of migrant influx, over 1 million military-aged, almost entirely muslim men will have illegally entered Europe by the start of the Euro football championships in June .

Sobering thought.

ISIS promised this.... and our leaders let it happen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

The religion of peace again.

But of course we know what the response will be over the next 24 hours. Outrage, disgust and then the typical PC liberals will come out and use hastags to make people know they aren't racist when Islam isn't even a race.

The first I saw of this was a bunch of FB posts decrying upcoming (potential?) racist comments against Muslims. Not the shooting. Nah. I had to actually to searching for what the hell they were on about. I guess some people just have an agenda to adhere to.

Very sad. R.I.P. France seems to be getting a lot of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭La Fenetre

If this was the 40's ISIS would have been wiped off the Earth by now. US did not mine killing thousands of innocent Japanese but won't wipe out this scum . World is no PC .
    Someone need to step up, Putin probably .

The US is a war economy and ISIS is a cheap easy enemy to spend billions tinkering about with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭sonny.knowles

Fortress Europe fails.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Orangebrigade

edgecutter wrote: »
    This is awful. RIP to all those that have died.

If this is radicalised Muslims, then we need to stop taking in refugees. They simply won't integrate into society that doesn't follow their rules.
    Of course they won't integrate. You are an infidel after all. The British security are doing an amazing job preventing such an attack since 7/7.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Mod

The blaming of any race, religion, culture, etc. stops now. No one knows who did what ffs, give it a rest.

Good lad bury your head in the sand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Jan Laco

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Mod

take your head out of the sand ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

God, there's hostages taken too.

Ngh..I really got nothing to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

At some point the Islamists are going to have to be rooted out of their lairs building by building, suburb by suburb within Europe while IS is dealt with on a comprehensive scale in the middle east.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Tigerbaby wrote: »
    God Bless Putin.

no messin'

unfortunately he sent the rats scurrying back to Europe. Watch out for similar attacks in the UK soon.

Need to wake the f*ck up. Angela Merkel should be tried for treason.

Yes what Germany really needs is hard line Nationism

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 66 ✭✭bloominballix

Tigerbaby wrote: »
    Angela Merkel should be tried for treason.

Ya wha?

Advertisement