Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maths Paper 2

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

lol every1 thinks that writing a compuer program is some absolutely amazingly hard time consuming thing to do..well its not basically :D that program took only five minutes to write...... honestly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

ok ok, go write a program that says what the perfect formation for an ireland soccer team would be....now!!
    ok ya done then?!
    i KNEW colin healy was in it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

3-4-3

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭pseudonym

ah come on, all ya had to do was convert hours to minutes, use pythagoras, and differentiate, put that equal to zero and it comes out. Tis a typical maximise minimise question other than the bollocking around at the start with distances and x's and minutes. or so i thought...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I got 8 too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭spaczed

phew!

i got 8 as well. but it kinda threw me as i went astray somewhere with my f''(x) as it didn't look like a minimum.

but now that i think about it, greater than zero is a minimum, isn't it?
    double phew!

ahh bollox!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

did that tip ye man gave you come up. if so well done buddy.

i dropped down 2 weeks before hand so i really shouldn't be here.

i thought exams were meant to test you on what you know, not to try and trick u. stupid exams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 dosser

Okay, I'm pretty sure I got everything in Paper I, now this is what worries me:

I didn't get the final vector part :10 marks
    I messed up calculating on question two: 3-10 marks
    I didn't get that thing with the two circles on Q4. 10 marks.
    I did two things wrong on the probability question. 10 marks+
    I may not have gotten all the marks for question 1. even with all the time it took me.
    I undoubtedly messed up elsewhere as well.

Uh-oh.... how do you rate my chances of getting an A1?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Ffs, forget the exam, or you'll drive yourself insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Dosser, don't worry about it, nothign you can do now.
    And remember, if you aren't going to forget about it, attempt marks add up, and what they call an attempt is a joke :)

Advertisement