Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC lodge papers to go into administration

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

Rangers fans threatening to boycott SPL sponsors like William Hill and Carling. They also say they will boycott supporting the Scottish national team - how noble of them.

Rangers FC deserve to be hammered, they have behaved in an utterly disgraceful fashion for many years.

As for their supporters - they did nothing when the world and it's missus was telling them that Whyte was bent when he took over. Now they feel hard done by because the SFA have rightly administered due punishment. If they had any dignity they would wind up the club and start again with a clean slate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Paid their taxes?
    Done everything above board??

Maybe

Can you really not see that it's not everyone else's fault this time, that the blame actually lies with the rangers?????

I'm talking about what else the SFA could have done, that was pretty clear.
    bobby makes it sound like they're going soft on us, a joke.

They imposed the maximum penalties (as opposed to some other cases), further endangering the bidding process for a takeover.

And we don't need to take any dignity lessons from Celtic FC, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Jelle1880 wrote: »

Well have they looked at David Murray and his involvement in all this?

edit: of course you don't, you are the quintessential club after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Rangers fans threatening to boycott SPL sponsors like William Hill and Carling. They also say they will boycott supporting the Scottish national team - how noble of them.

Rangers FC deserve to be hammered, they have behaved in an utterly disgraceful fashion for many years.

As for their supporters - they did nothing when the world and it's missus was telling them that Whyte was bent when he took over. Now they feel hard done by because the SFA have rightly administered due punishment. If they had any dignity they would wind up the club and start again with a clean slate.

Rangers are not threatening to boycott anything so get your facts right, they are SFA sponsors and its the RST who is calling for a boycott but thankfully plenty of us can think for ourselves and don't need them telling us what to do.

Keep kicking us when we're down, because there's going to be a hell of a backlash when we return.

TheBuilder wrote: »
    Rangers are not threatening to boycott anything so get your facts right, they are SFA sponsors and its the RST who is calling for a boycott but thankfully plenty of us can think for ourselves and don't need them telling us what to do.

Keep kicking us when we're down, because there's going to be a hell of a backlash when we return.

:D

bobby makes it sound like they're going soft on us, a joke.

They imposed the maximum penalties (as opposed to some other cases), further endangering the bidding process for a takeover.

And we don't need to take any dignity lessons from Celtic FC, thanks.

Yes you do. Clearly many Rangers fans fail to grasp that what has happened to their club is the fault of Rangers FC alone, and that the SFA should and must be seen to do their duty and administer sanctions against the club.

Rangers fans have a lot to answer for too. Where was the demonstrations and protests when the dodgy geezer Whyte took over, it's not like ye weren't warned.

Well have they looked at David Murray and his involvement in all this?

edit: of course you don't, you are the quintessential club after all.

I'm talking about their punishments imposed on Rangers, bobby makes it sound like they held back which is simply untrue.

Of course they should look at Murray, but that's now what bobby meant.

Try reading my post properly and get your facts straight. Rangers fans are threatening to engage in protests. If RST don't represent Rangers fans why don't ye tell them to shut up. Rangers supporters by enlarge have been found wanting in this whole debacle, and now for them to boycott supporting their national team in protest is pathetic in the extreme. Scotland's Shame indeed.

Try reading my post properly and get your facts straight. Rangers fans are threatening to engage in protests. If RST don't represent Rangers fans why don't ye tell them to shut up. Rangers supporters by enlarge have been found wanting in this whole debacle, and now for them to boycott supporting their national team in protest is pathetic in the extreme. Scotland's Shame indeed.

Why don't you take your whole 'Scotland's Shame' crap and **** off to the Celtic thread, where your crap will be welcomed with open arms.

You've already made it very clear in the past how you think about Rangers, you hate us, we get it.

Now be so kind as to **** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

The trolling that goes on in this thread wouldn't be allowed in any other.

So I'll leave it to the usual suspects and the new bashers to have their fun.

• Advertisement

Why don't you take your whole 'Scotland's Shame' crap and **** off to the Celtic thread, where your crap will be welcomed with open arms.

You've already made it very clear in the past how you think about Rangers, you hate us, we get it.

Now be so kind as to **** off.

:D Take a chill pill, what's the worst that can happen to ye?;)

Shamefully, he insists the best he can do for Rangers is to let 65.3 per cent of them pass into the hands of the people who will have to clean up his mess.

Whyte wants to keep 20 per cent of them for himself, presumably in the hope that the actions of the next owner might actually make them worth something. In other words, Whyte wants to sit back and cash in while someone else sifts through the carnage. He wants a pay day for his lies, mismanagement and deceit.

The man who stopped paying tax on the club’s wage bill – and who lumbered Rangers with a new debt mountain of £55m in just 10 months – now somehow believes he deserves his big reward.

He is also holding out for the right to appoint two directors on to the next board, men of his choosing who will be there, no doubt, to look after his best interests. And just so he can keep an eye on things, Whyte is also looking for two season tickets. Every season. For life.

They won’t be cheap ones either. Whyte’s seats are to be reserved for the directors’ box and, if not, then there will be no deal with Murray, Miller or whoever else might be trying to make this sick club better.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/rangers/2012/04/24/rangers-in-crisis-craig-whyte-s-outrageous-demands-set-to-further-delay-process-to-save-ibrox-club-86908-23835326/

Please do Craig, come back to Ibrox, it should be a nice day out for all.
    Surely this guy is mentally ill ?

Actually it was the reaction of the RST that spurred me to give an opinion. Their reaction is a deluded and arrogant response to a situation that has been the making of their own club. Like I said where was their demonstrations when Whyte took over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Also, I'm not blaming the SFA for the mess we're in, I'm blaming them for taking over the top actions against a club already on it's knees.

If a club does wrong then the fact that it happen to be on their knees due to it's own fault is no justification for seeking a lighter penalty, if the penalty exceeded the limits set as punishment then the club can appeal but they can't go in saying "Ah come on, give us a break please".

If a club does wrong then the fact that it happen to be on their knees due to it's own fault is no justification for seeking a lighter penalty, if the penalty exceeded the limits set as punishment then the club can appeal but they can't go in saying "Ah come on, give us a break please".

They seemed to have done exactly that with regards to Lennon's charges though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

More cheap talk, wtf does that mean?? Backlash from who? the fans? How so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Who says the season tickets are for him?

Neither would the kind of abuse being dished out as in the post above yours.

Which charges specifically?

• Advertisement

Which charges specifically?

The one which saw him make a deal with Lunny and get him a 2 game ban.

LOL, wut?

:confused:

Ask Matt McGlone, he's the one who claimed that Lunny made a deal with Lennon's QC.

Vincent Lunny the SFA man took Lenny's QC Derek Ogg outside of today's hearing to sort it out, such was the mess about to break for the SFA
    @MattMcGlone9 @MattMcGlone9 - matt mcglone

And Vincent Lunny avoided major embarrassment for the SFA coming to a deal with Derek Ogg, avoiding a bigger circus. A major result for Neil

Ask Matt McGlone, he's the one who claimed that Lunny made a deal with Lennon's QC.

Vincent Lunny the SFA man took Lenny's QC Derek Ogg outside of today's hearing to sort it out, such was the mess about to break for the SFA

And Vincent Lunny avoided major embarrassment for the SFA coming to a deal with Derek Ogg, avoiding a bigger circus. A major result for Neil

Rightee, thats pretty conclusive and damning evidence there so it is:rolleyes:

Those sort of deals happen regularly enough when you have leverage. Ever watch Law & Order? :pac: You forget that the referee and linesman gave conflicting reports on another charge?

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »
    Those sort of deals happen regularly enough when you have leverage. Ever watch Law & Order? :pac: You forget that the referee and linesman gave conflicting reports on another charge?

And that's why he was not punished for that one.

But he already had previous charges from other incidents, so a 2 game ban is still a joke.

Especially if the SFA panel said that spending half a game in the stands is punishment enough, clearly going against their own rules (again).

It's clear they went soft on him, so it doesn't always happen that people or clubs get punished to the full extent of the law ;)
    Rightee, thats pretty conclusive and damning evidence there so it is

Well, it's one of your own who said it, so I can see why you would doubt his word :pac:

And that's why he was not punished for that one.

But he already had previous charges from other incidents, so a 2 game ban is still a joke.

Especially if the SFA panel said that spending half a game in the stands is punishment enough, clearly going against their own rules (again).

It's clear they went soft on him, so it doesn't always happen that people or clubs get punished to the full extent of the law ;)

Well, it's one of your own who said it, so I can see why you would doubt his word :pac:

Thats what happens when you fúck it up. Celtic could have brought down a shít storm on the SPL like they did with Stevie Craven & Dougie McDonald. They probably agreed not to in return for a 2 match ban. If they fúck it up with McCoist or any other manager, expect their QC's to offer a similar deal to the SPL to save face. You think this is the first time a club has leveraged the SPL/SFA?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Let me get this straight. Your club is in tatters, and you are here complaining about a two match ban that Lennon has got, as if to somehow compare the two punishments? :eek:

Don't you worry about Lennon - he'll get hammered by the SFA over the most recent stuff, of that I have no doubt. You've got a club to save.

You say that celtic went in pleading for leniency yet you are quoting McGlone saying it was the sfa who instigated a 'deal'???:confused: make up your ****ing mind

PauloMN wrote: »

Let me get this straight. Your club is in tatters, and you are here complaining about a two match ban that Lennon has got, as if to somehow compare the two punishments? :eek:

Don't you worry about Lennon - he'll get hammered by the SFA over the most recent stuff, of that I have no doubt. You've got a club to save.

What recent stuff ?

As I read it he hasn't been charged for anything yet.

And I only used that as an example because someone joked about Rangers wanting the SFA to go easy on them.
    Because obviously they would never dream of going easy and not obeying their own rules ;)

edit: That's not what I said Coillte, but if you want to make it like I did, feel free.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

banner.png

This is a call to arms. The time is now. This HAS to be done. More so than ever. A plea to us all to unite. Every single Rangers fans forum, organisation, RSC. Spread the word in every possible way. Post on other Rangers Forums, Twitter, Facebook, Text Messages, E-Mail's, phonecalls.

The Bears are coming together and it's got the potential to be huge....

The Bears should be renamed the Ostriches!! For all the whinging and complaining about Craigy Bhoy and the SFA not completing a fit and proper test, they seem happy to allow faceless, nameless persons take ownership of their club. The only person publicly out for the Blue Knights, hahaha, is Paul Murray. A man who is not a fit and proper person, and who will more than likely be banned from taking a place on the Rangers board because of his history. Swallow, Swallow. We Are The Paupers!!

Who is John McMillan from the RST? Is he Dark Mingwall's sidekick??

The Bears should be renamed the Ostriches!! For all the whinging and complaining about Craigy Bhoy and the SFA not completing a fit and proper test, they seem happy to allow faceless, nameless persons take ownership of their club. The only person publicly out for the Blue Knights, hahaha, is Paul Murray. A man who is not a fit and proper person, and who will more than likely be banned from taking a place on the Rangers board because of his history. Swallow, Swallow. We Are The Paupers!!

Oh, look, another one who has crept out from under his rock to have a cheap go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

I thought you guys didn't do walking away???!!!

Only noticed this now on the #hampdenprotest poster
    "No to the SFA - No more impartial punishment"

Yer not happy that the establishment has abandoned ye! They cant cover up yer bull**** any longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Only noticed this now on the #hampdenprotest poster

Yer not happy that the establishment has abandoned ye! They cant cover up yer bull**** any longer!

I know, outraged that the SFA are treating them impartially :pac:

Time to demand a return to preferential treatment.

It'll be fixed, they meant to put 'partisan' ;)

The actual joke is that some of you would actually believe there is some sort of Establishment :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

When Mark Daly and BBC Scotland told Rangers fans that Craig Whyte was not a fit and proper person to run your club you protested outside BBC Scotland claiming bias against Rangers!!!

Now you're talking about protesting outside Hampden because nobody at the SFA told you that he wasn't a fit and proper person to run the club!!!

When Mark Daly and BBC Scotland told Rangers fans that Craig Whyte was not a fit and proper person to run your club you protested outside BBC Scotland claiming bias against Rangers!!!

Now you're talking about protesting outside Hampden because nobody at the SFA told you that he wasn't a fit and proper person to run the club!!!

:D:D:o

Oh yea, did Whyte ever take the BBC to court like he said he would. The outrage at the BBC was gas at the time

• Advertisement

He admitted back then that he was an opportunist

Oh yea, did Whyte ever take the BBC to court like he said he would. The outrage at the BBC was gas at the time

You know perfectly well he didn't.

The fact he now gave them an interview proves that he was at it.

But of course you knew that.

You know perfectly well he didn't.

The fact he now gave them an interview proves that he was at it.

But of course you knew that.

I didnt hear either way, thats why I asked. And what interview are you referring to?

For months you were attacking the credibility of BBC and BBC Scotland and lambasting everyone else for believing anything they published especially if it was anyway critical of Rangers.

Laugherty suspended by the club for indiscipline. The first of the rats leaving a sinking ship.

I didnt hear either way, thats why I asked. And what interview are you referring to?

For months you were attacking the credibility of BBC and BBC Scotland and lambasting everyone else for believing anything they published especially if it was anyway critical of Rangers.

Yeah, and ?
    I already said i was wrong, as did all other Rangers fans.

And the interview where he stated that he didn't care about the fine ('good luck trying to get the money') and that his ban wouldn't impact his personal life.

edit: Keep these retarded nicknames to your own topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Laugherty suspended by the club for indiscipline. The first of the rats leaving a sinking ship.

Already being discussed in the proper thread or would that to difficult for you

Alex Thomson's New Blog
    Rangers Goes to the Heart of How We Want to Live

Tuesday 24 April 2012
    1:12 pm

In a moment some words from Craig Whyte, reacting to the news from Hampden Park and the Scottish Football Association.

But first, I hope to inject a little perspective into everything going on around Rangers and the latest sanctions to be passed against the club – though probably not the last.

First off, we need to say again this is not about football and not about Rangers Football Club either. It is first and foremost about nothing less than the way we want to govern the big institutions of our society.

Put bluntly, do we want our sport to carry on being some kind of athletic version of the sub-prime casino banking mess the UK’s already suffered from? Do we really want that – with everything it entails in terms of rich men walking away and the mortagees/fans getting screwed over yet again?

That’s the Craig Whyte lesson, and reality, clearly. It could turn out to be the David Murray lesson too, on a far grander scale.

Is this what we really want in sport, finance, business – our very culture?

Well, sport, of course, has been turned into a business almost completely. But not quite. It still exists with all the naked cynicism of big business, yet within a framework of external governance which should work or there is no point to it at all.

And say what you like about football’s governing bodies, in Scottish football nobody can deny that at least one has sought to govern in the past 24 hours.

The SFA and it Chief Executive Stewart Regan is a body and a man under pressure.

Under pressure from Holyrood. In an exclusive interview with Channel 4 News, it was Mr Regan who said he’d told the Scottish government to get its tanks off the SFA lawn in no uncertain terms and allow it to govern Scottish football, and not interfering politicians whose actions have been well documented by this programme in recent weeks.

Under pressure too from Uefa. We are told if there is one thing Michel Platini – the Uefa boss – really cares about, it is Financial Fair Play. Very much his project, so far as we can judge. The SFA HQ at Hampden Park knows it is being watched carefully by Uefa, as are Rangers FC in particular, as well they might be. Their imperative to act and seen to be acting, underlined then from Edinburgh and Switzerland.

Pressure too from within these islands but outside Scotland. For too long, to many it appears that the cosy old-boys’ networking and structure between the biggest clubs and the Scottish Premier League, on the one hand, and the Scottish FA on the other, has been allowed to go on unchecked and unremarked upon.

When this programme began questioning why, for example, the current SFA president Campbell Ogilvie did not step aside for form’s sake whilst all the current investigations into Rangers are going on and he was there at the time, our inquiries were met with near-bafflement by the SFA. They still didn’t quite seem to get it, with their own chief exec describing Mr Ogilvie as “heavily conflicted”.

So with all these pressures has come some meaningful action. Rangers supporters will hate it, of course – so would Celtic’s or Aberdeen’s, were this their club. Much of the Glasgow media will focus on whither Rangers? There will be a lot of hand-wringing and blaming, a lot of self-indulgent nonsense about fans being blamed for Craig Whyte’s mishandling of the club. You can see a lot of this out there already this morning – expect a hell of a lot more to come.

But somebody somewhere had to act. Somebody had to do something. Somebody had to send a message that simply allowing anybody to come into football and buy up our clubs just cannot be tolerated without sanction – and obviously that means hitting the clubs concerned. Tough for fans to accept – but impossible for them to deny if they care to pause for thought.

However, the SFA does not emerge with unalloyed glory. True, they have acted. True too that in a recent interview for Channel 4 News, SFA Chief Executive Stewart Regan said they basically took it on trust from Rangers Football Club that Craig Whyte was the man to buy and rescue the club for a pound. We can but hope the SFA are dealing with their own internal mechanisms for dealing with this kind of thing in future whilst doling out punishment externally as appropriate.

Rangers then goes to the heart of how we wish to live and be governed in sport, culture, business and politics too. Do we want rules that are applied to governance? Or do we simply want to drift along in the casino world? Angry and sore though they are, I strongly suspect that Rangers fans will ultimately feel the same as Celtic’s currently smug support does on this key issue.

For this is what it is all really about. Against this, administrations… liquidations… voluntary arrangements… incubator companies… new companies… old companies… Employee Benefit Trusts… side contracts…

None of it really matters except insofar as Rangers’ personal pain, grief and general implosion serves as a clean-up call for football in general and perhaps our wider life beyond.

And whatever happens, in the end hundreds of thousands of folk will still want to support a team based in Govan, wearing blue. That is not going away. And one day they might find themselves playing in a far better-run game than they have known in the past. Today might just be Day One of setting off down this path. We can but hope.

And now for Craig Whyte in a moment or two…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Yeah a whole hundred fans if that took part in that protest

• Advertisement

Anyone know anything about this?
    Taken from gersnet:

" have had it confirmed to me today by the Head of Global Distribution at Henderson Global Investors (John Bennett's employers) that he is "no longer invloved in any way with the Blue Knights syndicate".

Apparently Mr Bennett only confirmed this to Henderson's last evening.

I have a call in to John Bennett himself but for the avoidance of doubt I have no reason to believe that his withdrawal is for anything other than business reasons to do with his employment as per my previous thread on this topic."

Advertisement