Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

sheehy83 wrote: »
    That was quick ellesar! loving it so far, but weird starting on level 31 with 63 skill points to use

Does that mean you are close to reaching all your maximum skills? I'd hate to think you could have all your skill maxed out early in the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,482 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I have all powers 3 or over and a few things at 4 levels out of 6. Makes sense continuing from the last game, just hope it doesn't make the start of the game too easy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

when did ye start it?

Late last week. I got an early copy.

I'm a bit sad tbh, it really is the end of the series. Or seems to be. Who knows.
    I'm a bit frustrated too. While satisfying it leaves a few things unknown. Hmm, it really got to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

thank god for that! I thought you'd just started today lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Elessar wrote: »
    Hmm, it really got to me.

thats exactly the reaction I look for in a game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Kiith wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if you can buy From Ashes on the pc with Bioware Points, or is it money only? And if so, how much is it?

In work, and can't check myself at the moment.

Seriously don't bother buying it on it's own. The mission is incredibly short and the background story nothing special (and it will be on youtube soon enough if not already anyway). Also...
    he's an A*hole :)
    I got the CE from Amazon with a $10 gift card back so it really cost just $10 extra for it and the soundtrack/art etc., worth it in that respect but buying it on it's own is a waste imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

thats exactly the reaction I look for in a game

Same. It's rare enough but you know it was a truly great game when it happens. Last time I felt similar was at the end of Red Dead Redemption. Before that, I can't even remember.

It's bittersweet almost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Just had an email saying Amazon have posted it, going to be a very long weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Lads, if i buy this on Origin right now, will it unlock for me at 12 tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I don't know when exactly it unlocks, but just letting you know if you get it from greenmangaming.com with the promo code I'll find in a sec you can save about €16 compared to Origin. I bought it earlier and it's downloading now.

TAKEE-ARTHB-ACK20

Is the code. It was €33.xx using that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I got it for €39.99 on G2Play earlier, and its ready to play at midnight tonight.

according to ea's mails and the origin unlock tool yes, midnight tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭The Sky

Well does anyone know if gamestop in limerick are having a mid night launch tonight

Ganestop aren't doing a midnight launch for ME3.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭The Sky

Damn wish they were

• Registered Users Posts: 53,846 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I read that frame rate issues are on the ps3 version of the game. It really is disgraceful how the devs allow a game out like this and dont pick up on even when they were told during the demo.

You'd think they would of gotten use to working with the ps3 by now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Headshot wrote: »
    I read that frame rate issues are on the ps3 version of the game. It really is disgraceful how the devs allow a game out like this and dont pick up on even when they were told during the demo.

You'd think they would of gotten use to working with the ps3 by now
    Youll noice a lot of Unreal Engine based games have inferior PS3 ports, not sure why that is

• Registered Users Posts: 45 eire126

Anyone know if tesco will have this at midnight? I heard 'selected stores' in england will....wondering will it be the same over here.

almost time to thaw myself out..

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=9447508

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

12 hours in and feel like i haven't done much at all, seems to be a very long game if you do side missions here and there

• Advertisement

ea slackers.. its after midnight! c'mon lemme play!

Yey!! unlocked and loaded.. :)

It's up on the playstation store now, €69.99 though :mad: Screw that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

It's up on the playstation store now, €69.99 though :mad: Screw that.

Lol they never learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I got it today. The opening 3 or 4 hours are very weak in my opinion. Feels very linear, forced, alien and not like ME at all. But after about 6 or 7 hours it regains the feel of openess and I'm loving it. :)

A warning. The import save from ME2 is broken. Don't import an auto save as it bugs out and randomly crashes apparently. Choose a save with a number. Also, Faces have been known to be weird when you import so check this before starting your game.

Most importantly however, inexplicably and for no reason your ME2 romance choices can disappear. From Miranda to Tali to Liara to thane etc. In the list of choices taken like "You saved the Council" and "Saved the Rachnii queen" , you get a "Did not romance anyone in ME2" even if you did. If you google "Did not romance anyone in ME2" you will see a few hits.....and this is before release. There will be alot more on friday and saturday. It's not happening with everyone so it seems rare-ish but just so you all know.

I had a save file with Kasumi, Overlord and Lair of the shadow broker with my main guy and for some reason when I imported it, my Miranda options were not there.

I ended up using an older save file with the game completed....but none of the DLC done and the romance option was back. I'm guessing either Overlord or Lair of the shadow broker can break it. Although some people are saying it happens if you did a New Game+ with your character in ME2.

Ok WTF.

The redeen product code page on Origin won't display anything for me, it's just blank. Rebooted, still blank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Just back from Gamestop with my copy , picked it up for €3 by getting rid of 3 old ds games :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Damnit SSG Gamestop not open early. I dont know why it bothers me, I cant play it until I get home from work later anyway....but screw that I want it NOW! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,482 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Man, my shep is being way to flirty with Ash, I have to keep picking renegade options to brush her off, I thought he was gonna make a move on her at one point. Some of the lines are awfully cheesy and even though I said I didn't mind, the frame rate is quite bad on PS3, especially turning the camera around. Still a brilliant game though, and the graphics are class. Mad to just lash into it more.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Man, my shep is being way to flirty with Ash, I have to keep picking renegade options to brush her off, I thought he was gonna make a move on her at one point.

Thankfully i won't have that issue. I sorted her out on Virmire :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Whats with the Ash hate???

Advertisement