Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sundrive Reopening Saturday February 7th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

lennymc wrote: »
    cram sounds jealous.

edit - actually, the only reason I race cross is so I have a legitimate reason to play in mud.

Me too, only downside is having to clean everything afterwards. Made that mistake going to work this morning and now have lovely muddy shoes and clothes in my locker. It was fun at the time.

My track bike gets cleaned about once a season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Will the track training be called off if the weather is bad? What constitutes bad weather? What time should I be there for? How do they get the figs in the fig roll?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

Will the track training be called off if the weather is bad? What constitutes bad weather? What time should I be there for? How do they get the figs in the fig roll?

Yes, torrential rain will do it, or snow. Check the Sundrive velodrome twitter feed or Sundrive track club one.

Senior training usually starts at 10am, so ready to roll by then after signing on.

Can't help you with the fig roll question.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

If it's icy or frosty yes, wet no, unless it's torrential. I was at almost all regular training sessions last year and only 2 were called off with rain. Could be different with a very inexperienced group though.

I'd advise get there for 10, sign on is open from then, I do. I hate rushing. It gives me time to take brake off bike/get ready etc. On track at half, sometimes before.

Magic soft biscuit fairies put the figs in the fig rolls, god, I thought everyone knew that :rolleyes: :p

Thanks! See yis tomorrow so.

• Advertisement

Track is open from half ten officially.
    I should have said that in my post as it answers your question doh!

See ya tomorrow :)

nice session today. lots of riding which was good as it has been over aa year since i was last on track. nice to meet you Gadetra

nice session today. lots of riding which was good as it has been over aa year since i was last on track. nice to meet you Gadetra

You're a flyer! And a nice steady wheel to follow.

most importantly you waft flagrantly :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Got the ok from the guys at the top to use my HHV accreditation for sundrive, I'm hoping to become a regular at sundrive from the weekend after next!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,524 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

gadetra wrote: »
    most importantly you waft fragrantly :pac:
    You've made an impression there lenny. Last week the last thing she wanted was to experience my fragrant wafts and even offered to fill the gap in front of me to avoid them ....

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    You've made an impression there lenny. Last week the last thing she wanted was to experience my fragrant wafts and even offered to fill the gap in front of me to avoid them ....

You've got to work on your detergents Beasty ;)

i'm hoping to be back next saturday. have a stock of these on hand:

51DxOubpMeL._SY300_.jpg

anyone out tomorrow?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,524 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

... might be ....

Was that you hanging out the window of the car this morning shouting at us? :)

Hoping to make my debut...

Yep. Looking forward to fresh wafting :pac:

baked beans and curry for dinner tonight....

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Maybe, still pretty ill, but getting blue at home

• Advertisement

Maybe, still pretty ill, but getting blue at home

oh no get well soon ()

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Silly OH, celebrating being born on a day that training is on, I alas will not be there.

CramCycle wrote: »
    Silly OH, celebrating being born on a day that training is on, I alas will not be there.

Could you not bring her down to the track, yell 'surprise' and hope for the best?

I have currently in my posession 6 sheets of A4 paper. I could totally make her a sign :D

Was that you hanging out the window of the car this morning shouting at us? :)
    Oh Sh!t!! Was that you trying to ride 3 abreast and forcing me to overtake you on the inside???

:pac:

Oh Sh!t!! Was that you trying to ride 3 abreast and forcing me to overtake you on the inside???

:pac:

there were only 2 of us.....

there were only 2 of us.....
    Not when I was inside you there wasn't!!

Not when I was inside you there wasn't!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

This thread just became nsfw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

gadetra wrote: »
    Yep. Looking forward to fresh wafting :pac:

Eproctophilia

Advertisement