Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sundrive Reopening Saturday February 7th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

Cheers. I'll call down either way and see what they said. I don't have far to travel.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

On a separate note the new hire bikes are super sexy.

An embarrassing large part of me feels sorry for the old ones though :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

gadetra wrote: »
    On a separate note the new hire bikes are super sexy.

An embarrassing large part of me feels sorry for the old ones though :o

What did they get?

CramCycle wrote: »
    What did they get?

All new per-cursa's, lime green black finishing kit. They look way hotter than they sound! There are 30 of them! They're getting spread put but I think 20 are staying at sundrive.

Sadly Geoffrey is going to Belfast :(. I gave him a big goodbye hug and pat. He's excited about the move. It was a sad day :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

mal1 wrote: »
    Do you need a Cycling Ireland membership/license to do the accreditation? Their website hasn't been working for me for the last week so I'm lacking in that department.

Please contact the track commission re questions like these: http://www.trackcycling.ie/?page_id=12

No-one here is on the commission and can only give you a rough idea of what they did the year they started, not a definitive answer.

• Advertisement

All new per-cursa's, lime green black finishing kit. They look way hotter than they sound! There are 30 of them! They're getting spread put but I think 20 are staying at sundrive.

Sadly Geoffrey is going to Belfast :(. I gave him a big goodbye hug and pat. He's excited about the move. It was a sad day :pac:

Orangefield is where bikes go to die.

Please contact the track commission re questions like these: http://www.trackcycling.ie/?page_id=12

No-one here is on the commission and can only give you a rough idea of what they did the year they started, not a definitive answer.

I understand but I was planning on going down tomorrow and I didn't expect an answer so soon from trackcycling. I really wasn't expecting a definitive answer from here. Anyway, it's not far from where i live so I'll go down and talk to them in person.

Orangefield is where bikes go to die.

Noooooooooo. Is there no way to save him? Oh no :( What do they do? Surely his frame will survive? What do they do to them when they don't use them anymore? Aww no poor Geoffrey *sniff*:(

(plots very specific bike rescue *cough* :cool:)

Good luck Sunday by the way :D

mal1 wrote: »
    I understand but I was planning on going down tomorrow and I didn't expect an answer so soon from trackcycling. I really wasn't expecting a definitive answer from here. Anyway, it's not far from where i live so I'll go down and talk to them in person.

Yes , that'd be your best bet. Bring your gear as though you will be allowed ride though, they're always understanding of these situations or will explain why they can't allow you up.

Noooooooooo. Is there no way to save him? Oh no :( What do they do? Surely his frame will survive? What do they do to them when they don't use them anymore? Aww no poor Geoffrey *sniff*:(

(plots very specific bike rescue *cough* :cool:)

Good luck Sunday by the way :D

It's just a crap track (from what I hear). He'll be fine I'd say. I was just being dramatic.

Thanks, we'll see what happens. Hopefully the training/racing in The Netherlands last week will help.

• Advertisement

Would Orangefield be a closer track for accreditationn for the Donegal youths?

Maybe, but they'd be better off doing it in Sundrive. Look up photos of Orangefield and you'll see what I mean.

I did the accreditation this morning on the new green bikes. Very smooth. A massive mix of abilities there. Not easy for coaching but they did a good job.

Got my first day back out yesterday, legs are a little behind last year but it was good to be out. New bikes are nice.

Nice to see Beasty out on the bike again, wearing the fanciest helmet I have ever seen. Also extremely jealous of Gadetras Fuji, very nice looking. Inspired to start training properly this year.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,794 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Heard a doyen of the Irish track cycling community was asking who Cram was - obviously an impressive start to training this year;)

My back was playing up after all those efforts to chase down groups on the other side of the track. Having said that, and looking at the power records, I can't complain for what was my first "serious" track efforts in 16 months or so

I have it on good authority that steel red Fuji's are the best bikes you can buy ;) (Rosa is, rather exotically in no way at all, chromoly).

Twas great to see Beasty and his sexy Cervelo too.

I was mega grumpy yesterday. I shall be markedly less grumpy from now on!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

im hoping to get out this saturday - is anyone i know around?

If I can find someone to mind child I'll be racing Mick Lally, otherwise may be there.

I'll be there, although I only know you digitally! I'm going for the Derney session and if I'm still alive I'll do regular training after.

pop over and say hello gadetra - ill be in drogheda wheelers gear.

• Advertisement

Will do. I will be in Sundrive gear on a red Fuji. Who's gonna spot who first! :D

Beasty wrote: »
    Heard a doyen of the Irish track cycling community was asking who Cram was - obviously an impressive start to training this year;)
    Hmmm, probably just surprised I could do anything after my dismal display in Bs last year.
    I have it on good authority that steel red Fuji's are the best bikes you can buy ;) (Rosa is, rather exotically in no way at all, chromoly).
    Nothing wrong with Cromo, one of my favourite bikes was cromo.
    lennymc wrote: »
    im hoping to get out this saturday - is anyone i know around?
    Alas no, but will have to see this new bike in the flesh soon. Are you coming out for the league this year?

Alas no, but will have to see this new bike in the flesh soon. Are you coming out for the league this year?

yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

although I only know you digitally!
    Digitally, as in, with your fingers?

quozl wrote: »
    Digitally, as in, with your fingers?

Yup. Prepare yourself Lennymc!*

No Lennymc's will be probed as a result of this post :pac:

jaysis - I'm scared now!

lennymc wrote: »
    jaysis - I'm scared now!

It's like the training, once you get over how close you are to the other person and don't let the pain after the first session put you off, you'll start to enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

It's like the training, once you get over how close you are to the other person and don't let the pain after the first session put you off, you'll start to enjoy it.

After cross, the pain on the track is minimal. In my experience people get closer to you in cross than they do on the track and there's no hills or running.

nak wrote: »
    After cross, the pain on the track is minimal. In my experience people get closer to you in cross than they do on the track and there's no hills or running.

Running behind the bushes and rolling around in the muck, your all filthy animals in cross :pac:

• Advertisement

cram sounds jealous.

edit - actually, the only reason I race cross is so I have a legitimate reason to play in mud.

Advertisement