Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brooklyn Nine-Nine [Fox]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Very disappointed; have really enjoyed the show and it's an easy rewatch. Still need to catch Season 5 though (*stares intently at Netflix)

🤪

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It's a shame it's going, but I do think that it's getting stale and a bit repetitive now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,673 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Very disappointed; have really enjoyed the show and it's an easy rewatch. Still need to catch Season 5 though (*stares intently at Netflix)

I've been waiting for it.

Although in my anger when I heard this news some googling led to to the All4 app which has a few episodes for free.

Pretty spoiler-y if you haven't seen the start of season 5, which I hadn't.

Grrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool!

Not Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Its far to popular for the rights to not get snapped up. Hopefully Netflix buys it and we get full seasons dropped each time.

Rory28 wrote: »
    Its far to popular for the rights to not get snapped up. Hopefully Netflix buys it and we get full seasons dropped each time.

No doubt, no doubt, no doubt etc

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    it's getting stale and a bit repetitive now.
    Name of your sex tape!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

I don't see a streaming service picking it up. It's the late 20-teens, not the early 20-teens. Netflix and Amazon want their own, fully-owned series. Not low-rated network cast-offs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,553 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

b06u6lxhj3x01.jpg

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I don't see a streaming service picking it up. It's the late 20-teens, not the early 20-teens. Netflix and Amazon want their own, fully-owned series. Not low-rated network cast-offs.
    Hulu are one of the main contenders as they have some sort of deal with the show already.

b06u6lxhj3x01.jpg

The bit before the opening credits in the worst episode of Brooklyn 99 is 100 times funnier than the funniest episode of the Big Bang Theory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    BBT is just going through the motions at this stage. Used to love it but it's very hard to watch any more.

Through the motions, indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

It was getting repetitive to some degree but there was still some miles left in some of the stories I felt

I would love a proper book end to it, that being said. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,306 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I will miss Captain Holt (and cheddar!) this show cant be cancelled!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,553 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    The bit before the opening credits in the worst episode of Brooklyn 99 is 100 times funnier than the funniest episode of the Big Bang Theory.

I would say the same for Captain Holt yelling "BONE!"

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,306 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Title of your s#x tape?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

#SixSeasonsAndAMovie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,884 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Some talk that Hulu will take it on.

I originally dismissed the show as just another generic US sitcom in an ocean of generic US sitcoms. I started watching it on Netflix after a recommendation. It took a while for it to grow on me but when it did, I saw a great, progressive show with a cracking cast and great male characters like Holt and Jeffords. The female characters are also excellent but it's nice to see a character like Jeffords who's so positive about being a family man. But what really sets it apart for me are the fleeting moments which display little hints of each characters more idiosyncratic tendencies with this one being a favourite:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

Brooklyn Nine Nine has been picked up for a sixth season by NBC

http://deadline.com/2018/05/brooklyn-nine-nine-saved-picked-by-nbc-1202389168/

Nine nine!

NBC have gone postal!

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Hulu are one of the main contenders as they have some sort of deal with the show already.
    Yeah, I know. And both Hulu and Netflix passed on a 6th season.

Did they pass on it? I would have thought the NBC thing came about because of the very close ties with Schur.
    Yep, they passed. Ties don't matter more than money. If someone like Netlix brought it, NBC would make more money from that sale, than just funding an extra season themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Yep, they passed. Ties don't matter more than money. If someone like Netlix brought it, NBC would make more money from that sale, than just funding an extra season themselves.
    Not necessarily... Netflix's deal terms may have been too onerous to be acceptable to NBC and it may have been cheaper to just produce/distribute 13 episodes themselves.

That being said, I agree with you - it's a business decision as opposed to a "ties" situation at the end of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Noice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,102 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

NBC just released their fall schedule. Brooklyn nine nine will air mid-season meaning we won't see season 6 till January

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I'm glad it was renewed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,496 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

My fav character ,also thought she had the best lines.

For me, she's about the only character that could have left and the show would improve.

For me, she's about the only character that could have left and the show would improve.

Surely Scully and Hitchcook,there a bit of a one trick pony.Thankfully cheddar is not leaving.

Surely Scully and Hitchcook,there a bit of a one trick pony.Thankfully cheddar is not leaving.

Hitchcock is class in the last couple of series, yeah but maybe Scully.

I just think they took Gina too far and she's become more annoying than anything of late.

Hitchcock is class in the last couple of series, yeah but maybe Scully.

I just think they took Gina too far and she's become more annoying than anything of late.

Yea I get that,the first 2 she was at her peak and was slipping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Was surprised she came back after the baby tbh, I figured the actress got bored

GreeBo wrote: »
    Was surprised she came back after the baby tbh, I figured the actress got bored

I'd thought the same and the bus would have been the line under it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Poochie05

For anyone who has been watching on Netflix and waiting for Season 5, it is starting on E4 at 19:30 on Monday 12th November.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,102 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Sneak peek (spoilers for anyone not up to date). On NBC from January 10th.

🤪

Law and Order: Brooklyn Nine-Nine

https://twitter.com/nbc/status/1078410195259322374

Back tonight in the States on it's new home NBC.

Absolutely hilarious opener I thought, but heavily reliant on the A-story. The rest of the storylines back at the 99 were fine, but nothing amazing. I

• Advertisement

Absolutely hilarious opener I thought, but heavily reliant on the A-story. The rest of the storylines back at the 99 were fine, but nothing amazing. I

Cant wait to give it a watch but how do you watch NBC in Ireland?

Can’t beat an 80’s Perm.

Cant wait to give it a watch but how do you watch NBC in Ireland?

I should add legally. How to watch it legitly?

I should add legally. How to watch it legitly?
    I know of no way to do so. I can remotely set my DVR in my house in LA and then I use a slingbox to access my DVR, which is legal... I do the same thing for UK shows (don't really watch Irish TV) when I'm in LA the other half of the year. I think having a house in LA and in Dublin and then paying 2 cable bills is probably excessive for most though :D :pac:

I know of no way to do so. I can remotely set my DVR in my house in LA and then I use a slingbox to access my DVR, which is legal... I do the same thing for UK shows (don't really watch Irish TV) when I'm in LA the other half of the year. I think having a house in LA and in Dublin and then paying 2 cable bills is probably excessive for most though :D :pac:

Not at all. send me on your realtor and ill get cracking. There is no excuse for piracy. I'll just have some tea with my tv until then...

• Advertisement
Advertisement