Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[RULES QUESTIONS]Any questions or are unsure about anything, ask here before posting.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Dvraiz

Update: For some reason I cannot edit my post, not sure if it's because I'm a new user or what. Anyway, I found the charger and was able to find out it's an ASG JG G36c.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭shytan

To start a thread just click on the New thread tab at the bottom left corner of the adverts forum and fill out the form make sure to include the FPS/muzzle energy for the aeg you are selling and check -http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057193411 to find out how to post photos, hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭neildyr

Morning. I'm unsure if this is the right place to ask but i could not find an answer to my question.

Im a looking to sell my airsoft equipment and AEG, I have a buyer but he is 14 yo.

Is there any legal recourse from a parent etc, Is he legally allowed buy it and visa versa on me selling it to him?

Any info appreciated

I am a private seller.

Regards

Neil

The sale of an AEG to a minor is illegal without a parent or guardian present.Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭neildyr

Nice one, thanks for the helpful info. Will insist on a parental figure when buying it.

Regards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭tyrone03

Can some of the category mods have a look at this for me please as it appears shytan and Dogwatch are working together on this one...

First off... After an offer of trade was made by myself to shytan he came back with a counter offer of my stuff plus €40 his way... I asked him how he came by that as the value of his gear was similar to the value of my gear once the conversion had been done from £to €.. He gave me a price breakdown and wen I asked how he came by the prices he said 2nd hand market..... Fair enough.... I asked wer he had found it out as I couldn't see that info anywer.... He then failed to provide the information....

This is a blatent attempt by shytan to stroke me...for want of a better word.... He has made up prices he wanted to pay for my stuff and tried to get extra money to sweeten his deal... Only wen he was Confronted he couldn't live up to his statements.... Now I know this kind of thing goes on....
    But it is not something I have come to expect from a MOD on this forum....!! It's appealing behaviour to be honest and only adds to the bad name that this forum has in the Airsoft community....!!
    I went on to tell him that it was grand... For me a better choice will be another rifle and I explained why..... He then went into a rant about how his was better.... I asked him if he seriously was saying that....only for the post to be removed by dogwatch.....
    I bumped my own thread and said tounge in cheek that I would accept trades but no G&G rubbish or somerhing along those lines....only for shytan to edit it and state it was for rambling....
    Granted my post was young in cheek....but why has shytan taken a personal vandetta against me by editing my post..... Surely it is up to me to me as to what manufacturer I want in a trade..... And how I articulate that information in my post, as long as it is within forum rules, is my business....!! What right does this so called mod have to edit my post....?? And ..... I can't post on my thread....?? Someone sort this out please.....!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

tyrone03 wrote: »
    Can some of the category mods have a look at this for me please as it appears shytan and Dogwatch are working together on this one...

First off... After an offer of trade was made by myself to shytan he came back with a counter offer of my stuff plus €40 his way... I asked him how he came by that as the value of his gear was similar to the value of my gear once the conversion had been done from £to €.. He gave me a price breakdown and wen I asked how he came by the prices he said 2nd hand market..... Fair enough.... I asked wer he had found it out as I couldn't see that info anywer.... He then failed to provide the information....

This is a blatent attempt by shytan to stroke me...for want of a better word.... He has made up prices he wanted to pay for my stuff and tried to get extra money to sweeten his deal... Only wen he was Confronted he couldn't live up to his statements.... Now I know this kind of thing goes on....
    But it is not something I have come to expect from a MOD on this forum....!! It's appealing behaviour to be honest and only adds to the bad name that this forum has in the Airsoft community....!!
    I went on to tell him that it was grand... For me a better choice will be another rifle and I explained why..... He then went into a rant about how his was better.... I asked him if he seriously was saying that....only for the post to be removed by dogwatch.....
    I bumped my own thread and said tounge in cheek that I would accept trades but no G&G rubbish or somerhing along those lines....only for shytan to edit it and state it was for rambling....
    Granted my post was young in cheek....but why has shytan taken a personal vandetta against me by editing my post..... Surely it is up to me to me as to what manufacturer I want in a trade..... And how I articulate that information in my post, as long as it is within forum rules, is my business....!! What right does this so called mod have to edit my post....?? And ..... I can't post on my thread....?? Someone sort this out please.....!!
    I'm a cmod and will look into it for you. please pm me links to the thread in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭Ebr sniper

When the site was hacked it looks like most people can't post pics now as they won't open when you post them or the site won't allow it the other times. Is this being looked into does anyone know? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

Yes, it was reported to office. Now reported again to office as they were showing a few days agoe

Update...... There is an issue with attachments which they hope will be fixed on Monday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Maybe this question has been asked/answered already but I'm not going to read through nearly 30 pages to find out so;

Is it deemed acceptable to engage on-thread with a seller even though no muzzle velocity has been stated for the item? Can an offer be made or would it be limited to general questions regarding the item?

You could make the offer subject to a legal fps being provided.
    If you notice that the fps has not been posted, you could ask for it as well as your other questions.
    You could also report the post for Mod attention as well.
    It is in all our interests the anything sold is within the law of the land

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Mar Mar Marmalade

Trying desperately to get rid of two airsoft guns - a Colt 1911 and an AK Spetsnaz. No where near an airsoft shop to get the joules tested so would using another example (possibly on this marketplace even) of joules for the same guns be sufficient? Used both of them in skirmishes for 2 years straight if honesty is any assurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Trying desperately to get rid of two airsoft guns - a Colt 1911 and an AK Spetsnaz. No where near an airsoft shop to get the joules tested so would using another example (possibly on this marketplace even) of joules for the same guns be sufficient? Used both of them in skirmishes for 2 years straight if honesty is any assurance.

You are required to post the actual muzzle energy of the guns you wish to sell here, guesses are not enough, shops or sites should be able to chrono them for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Techy_1

I have a lot of airsoft kit including Mp5 for which is up for sale on Facebook and some on boards. My question really relates to adverts.ie but the help forum is closed so cant post there.

Basically what I want to do post in adverts.ie stating that I have airsoft kit and AEG and want to swap for Xbox one. I understand I am not allowed to sell the AEG on adverts (fires at 0.80 joule in case you ask) but can I include them as part of a potential trade

thanks
    Techy_1

You would have to check with mods on Adverts.ie but I think there is a blanket ban of RIF's.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Techy_1

Yeah I kinda thought that, what I will do then is remove the current Ad in Airsoft adverts and relist it as swap only and include every item I have for sale including the clothing and RIF

thanks for the advice

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

You can sell all except the guns on adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭digital ninja

hey im wondering how the selling works within the marketplace?
    ive only ever traded guns here so ive no experience with selling or buying.

The first post in the rules thread covers how it works, if you have any specific questions after reading it then we will be glad to help. :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056698847

• Advertisement

ah thank you,i think im more confused with the paypal side of it,like receiving the money from a sale,thanks again

I've only ever bought stuff with paypal, not sure how much help I can be there. Do you have an account?
    If you are unsure or untrusting then the best thing to do is insist on a face-to-face meeting to deal.

yeah ive got a personal i use to buy stuff on ebay but i dont know if i can sell or recieve money on that account?would this be a question for paypal maybe man?

I was hoping someone might offer an answer here, best if you ask on a paypal related forum. :)

Your paypal account home page has tabs for sending money you can also send money (as a gift) to anyone with a paypal account as well as someone sending you money they just need the email address linked to your account

ah thank you very much,so who ever buys my rifle,id give them my email and then they can send the money to that,i understand now thanks guys

Just beware of sending money 'as a gift', never do it to pay for something. It's often asked for because the paypal fee is less however, you cannot raise a dispute if something goes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭edbrenna

Hi I've made an offer for a gun on adverts, 10 euro below the asking price, the seller never replied to the offer, now a week later another buyer has offered the asking, and the seller has apparently agreed to sell, my question is should he have replied to my offer ????

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Maybe he missed your post?

• Advertisement

Its not a requirement to reply if the offer is less than the asking price.

Advertisement