The Breast Feeding Support Thread - Page 261 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Yesterday, 12:27   #3901
73trix

How do you manage to wind baby when he insist s on sleeping after feed? My chap slept 4 hrs after formula and then woke up frantic for feed. I fed him and he was guzzling! He fell asleep and I tried to wind him up on my shoulder. No waking him. Got only a token burp. Paid for it shortly after putting him down. He threw up in basket. Worse still after changing everything he threw up again! Soon he was mad to feed again and has been fine since. Small mercy that throwing up doesn't make him cry. Little lad only cries to feed.
Advertisement
Yesterday, 14:09   #3902
livinsane

The puking might happen regardless and might not be wind related. He'd probably wake crying if he had wind.

I used to wind my baby in his sleep if I had to and if there was wind there, it seemed to come up. I used to sit him upright, hand under his chin and push the base of his spine gently to straighten his back. Used to get up wind in seconds.

On the subject of winding, apparently it's the inability to straighten their backs is why small babies need winding. When I heard this, it changed my thinking on winding technique!
Yesterday, 16:06   #3903
cyning

I do the exact same as livinsane to wind my little lady. As for the puking: I used put a muslin over the sheet so if she puked I just had to untuck the muslin and pull it gently out from under her. It's great that he doesn't get upset puking. I really envy that which is terrible I know!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion