Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

How so Joe wrote: »
    Now, is that never going to use the Bank Account, or never going to use the Bachelor of Arts?
    Either is believable.

Now, now, plenty of people use their arts degrees. As those pointy little paper hats in McDonald's :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

DB21 wrote: »
    Now, now, plenty of people use their arts degrees. As those pointy little paper hats in McDonald's :P

Laugh all you want, just remember who's gonna be preparing your food!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Jonah42 wrote: »
    Laugh all you want, just remember who's gonna be preparing your food!

I'll laugh knowing I don't eat there :cool:

marko93 wrote: »
    I do science

Seriously though I can't wait to get my arts degree. I can add it to my already impressive list of achievements which include breathing and almost completing the mega wheel challenge at mizzoni's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

marko93 wrote: »
    I do science

Seriously though I can't wait to get my arts degree. I can add it to my already impressive list of achievements which include breathing and almost completing the mega wheel challenge at mizzoni's.
    You hear that? That's the sound of a million Arts student crying behind the McDonald's counter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Now now, play nice and remember that Trinners students are inferior to us all :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Travelled all the way from Letterkenny to Carlow and back yesterday. Clocked up near 800 km. Beast mode!
    on a scale of one to ten...how depressed did being in carlow make you? :P

jpcarlow wrote: »
    on a scale of one to ten...how depressed did being in carlow make you? :P

10 being the most depressed?

10 being the most depressed?
    oh of course, the number rises in accordance with the rising feeling of ennui

jpcarlow wrote: »
    oh of course, the number rises in accordance with the rising feeling of ennui

11:pac:

Went as far down as Borris before we decided to high tail it out of there and into the safety of Kilkenny.

• Advertisement

11:pac:

Went as far down as Borris before we decided to high tail it out of there and into the safety of Kilkenny.
    Worse again :P

Carlow not having a proper hospital is an improvement upon the actual hospital kilkenny has :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I know this is going to sound like a very stupid question from a fourth year but where do I get a printer card, how/where can I use it and how much is 50 pages going to cost me?

Yes.. I have readings already! :(

In my defense I've always had a printer but my mum stole mine this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

I look absolutely miserable in my student card. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

I know this is going to sound like a very stupid question from a fourth year but where do I get a printer card, how/where can I use it and how much is 50 pages going to cost me?

Yes.. I have readings already! :(

In my defense I've always had a printer but my mum stole mine this year!

the new student cards will have printing capabilities built in, according to something banquo may have briefly mentioned at some point:p

dunno i continuing students get it though, if not you buy the PACR (arts block etc) in the machines in there for a fiver, they're reusable and can be topped up, while the library cards are disposable and cost 3 euro. one unit = one page, and 3 euro gets you 37 units afaik?

Duddy wrote: »
    the new student cards will have printing capabilities built in, according to something banquo may have briefly mentioned at some point:p

dunno i continuing students get it though, if not you buy the PACR (arts block etc) in the machines in there for a fiver, they're reusable and can be topped up, while the library cards are disposable and cost 3 euro. one unit = one page, and 3 euro gets you 37 units afaik?

This is all very confusing but I'll try work it out tomorrow! Cheers! :)

I think I'm going to just pretend to be an innocent firstie and see how far that gets me!

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

This is all very confusing but I'll try work it out tomorrow! Cheers! :)

I think I'm going to just pretend to be an innocent firstie and see how far that gets me!
    Last year in SU shop you could get 50 credits for €3 and 100 for €5

Paczini wrote: »
    Last year in SU shop you could get 50 credits for €3 and 100 for €5

savage thanks. In the Arts block shop?

Yeah. Just remember to be careful while releasing it as you might loose many credits by deleting it.

Yeah. Just remember to be careful while releasing it as you might loose many credits by deleting it.

Eh?

Eh?
    When you print something in the Arts Block you have to send it first from computer to the printer and then you have to release it. "Delete" and "Release" buttons are on the touch screen one over the other and many people accidentally touch "Delete" and they have to use their credits again to print Deleted pages.

• Advertisement

When you print something in the Arts Block you have to send it first from computer to the printer and then you have to release it. "Delete" and "Release" buttons are on the touch screen one over the other and many people accidentally touch "Delete" and they have to use their credits again to print Deleted pages.

Ah ok. I'll watch out for that!

I want my printer back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

I miss NUIM.

Edit: Can I just stall it to loads of sessions and sleep on all of yisser sofas?

Sincerely,
    rcaz BA

rcaz wrote: »
    I miss NUIM.

Edit: Can I just stall it to loads of sessions and sleep on all of yisser sofas?

Sincerely,
    rcaz BA
    i was immensely disappointed that you didnt attend the beers :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Can someone tell me what building you can eat your own lunch in just for those days i have no money which will be the day before pay day.
    and can you get hot water for coffee?

lisar816 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me what building you can eat your own lunch in just for those days i have no money which will be the day before pay day.
    Common room (though not sure on the hot water front), ditto with arts block in general, su and im highly doubtful phoenix would mind. Only place that i imagine you couldnt would be Chill as thats on the small side so would be more so for customers rather than the canteen sized phoenix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

lisar816 wrote: »
    Phoenix was fine last year, never gave me a second look and I bring my own every day. They also let me have cups of hot water, brought me own tea bags / cup of soups... though I'd wait till you're sitting down before making up your tea, they might get the notion you're using their tea bags.

I often like to study there, spread out with a cuppa and not be bothered about the noise I'm making.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

A quick, and possibly stupid, question. I am repeating my second year this year. The registration for repeat students isn't until a few days after the 17th, when lectures start. I assume I look up the lecture times and attend the lecture despite the fact I haven't registered?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Not a stupid question. Yes, you should do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

What is: "the POD area in the Arts block on North Campus"?

I had a game called POD for the C64... /old

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Just making good use of the free WiFi in Dublin airport before flying to LAAAANNDAAANN BABY, YEAH! A tout a l'heure, b*tches :D

Advertisement