Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Galway car mechanic needed

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Kashmeer

Hey I had a trouble with my powersteering in Audi A3 8P1 from 2. Based on my experience you must be low on power steering fluid if you're mechanical ps or your steering rack is on its way out if the system is electric. I am not sure where would ps fluid be in a jap car though so you'll need to research it. In Audis it is quite difficult to find and most of the time electric so VERY expensive to repair. I got a 2nd hand rack in the end and it cost me 450e for the rack and fitting (1500e at the sealership).
    Best advice- visit the Kilduffs at Nun's Island, the guys know what they're doing and they do it well for decent money.
    Hope you're only low on the fluid, mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭RovinPirate

Hi guys I need to get my brake pads changed, does anyone know anywhere open Sunday or very early Monday that won't rob me?

It's a Toyota Corolla 02 if that makes any difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Hi guys I need to get my brake pads changed, does anyone know anywhere open Sunday or very early Monday that won't rob me?

It's a Toyota Corolla 02 if that makes any difference

https://m.facebook.com/VAS-Automotive-319520024926019/

I use this chap, he doesn't open Sundays but he's reasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭spud65

D Trent wrote: »
    https://m.facebook.com/VAS-Automotive-319520024926019/

I use this chap, he doesn't open Sundays but he's reasonable

have used vas a couple of times, personal find him very good and very reasonable, with my car he took pics to show me what work he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mankteln

Car isn't starting for me (engine turning when I use the key but not catching). An old 03 Peugeot 307 so if it's something major it'll probably end up being scrap :( anybody know a mechanic (near Renmore) who'd come out and have a look at it? Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

A guy here www.facebook.com/Mobile-mechanic-Galway-941225175999169
    claims to be mobile but I haven't a notion if they are good or not.

Maybe www.renmoremotors.ie will call out, or collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mankteln

Cheers. Can't get the link to open for the Facebook lad there, what's he called? Don't suppose you've any experience with Renmore motors yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I only got emissions tested there once. Was fine, not worse nor better than anywhere else. Price wise it was middle of the road, but you won't know until they have diagnosed your problem.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement