Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drunk man at front door, putting hand in letterbox at 4:30am

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

A brother of a friend of mine had moved house to another area 2 years previously anyway he met a couple of mates of his in his old local, got paralytic, fell down the road to his old house, banging the door, calling his wife all the names for not opening up.

Heel of the hunt, guards were called and when he sobered up a bit in the guards barracks he was able to tell them he lived there previously and thought he was just going home. The guards had a laugh about it and dropped him back to his current home. He called to the new owners next evening to apologise profusely for frightening the sh*te out of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Friend of mine fell asleep in the sitting room one night and woke up hearing noises at the door. Looked into the hall and saw a long pole being extended through the letter box towards the place the keys were hanging. He quickly stepped into the hall, grabbed the pole, and shoved it smartly back where it was coming from.

There was a thud, a shout of pain and the noise of running footsteps. Never found out who it was but someone suffered a nasty eye or face injury that night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,282 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

A car being driven with no lights should set off sirens in the gardas head, especially at that time in the morning, there is no excuse for not checking it out. Its utter laziness that the garda didn't follow the car, who knows what condition the driver was in or what could have happened later on.

I actually know the Garda who went to this incident. I asked him to clarify the car situation:

"I had just knocked on the door, the man came out, said quickly what happened and this car flew past. It had lights on the front on, but none on the back. We weren't in a position to follow it, because by the time we would have got back into the car, and went after it, it would have been well gone. Instead, my colleague radio'd back with the reg and direction. I've no idea if someone caught up with it, because the night just went nuts after that call."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭barneystinson

I actually know the Garda who went to this incident. I asked him to clarify the car situation:

"I had just knocked on the door, the man came out, said quickly what happened and this car flew past. It had lights on the front on, but none on the back. We weren't in a position to follow it, because by the time we would have got back into the car, and went after it, it would have been well gone. Instead, my colleague radio'd back with the reg and direction. I've no idea if someone caught up with it, because the night just went nuts after that call."

Ah c'mon now, we can't have minor details like facts and common sense getting in the way of a good excuse for a whinge...!

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

hold on.... you say a man came out!! must be some man in fairness to be sat in his house crapping himself over fingers through a letter box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

hold on.... you say a man came out!! must be some man in fairness to be sat in his house crapping himself over fingers through a letter box

Being afraid doesn't make you any less of a man.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Why the hell would you go doing something stupid like cutting someone's fingers off and getting blood all over your carpet/hall floor/door which you then have to clean off.:confused::confused::confused:

Just whack the hand with a hammer, rolling pin, frying pan or whatever to make sure that person feels a huge amount of pain and they will scarper soon enough with a couple of badly bruised or broken fingers.

It sounds like either someone else lived there that the guy knew in the past and he was so plastered he thought they still lived there or else he mixed the house up with another one on the street. Leave the light on outside next time and anyone who doesnt want to be seen will be slow to approach the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭wylie

Did he come back?

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

Gadgie wrote: »
    Being afraid doesn't make you any less of a man.
    no balls!!! so yeah it does make ya less of a man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭barneystinson

no balls!!! so yeah it does make ya less of a man

Spoken like a 15 year old... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Happened here too, v late 4.00 am or so. Drunk? well dressed guy at the front door trying to get in. I opened the bedroom window to ask what was going on to be told he lived here. I am here over 20 years now and said he was mistaken. He asked was I sure? I didn't call the Guards as he seemed to be just out-of-it. He moved on in a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,903 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

saabsaab wrote: »
    Happened here too, v late 4.00 am or so. Drunk? well dressed guy at the front door trying to get in. I opened the bedroom window to ask what was going on to be told he lived here. I am here over 20 years now and said he was mistaken. He asked was I sure? I didn't call the Guards as he seemed to be just out-of-it. He moved on in a bit.

seems like theres some seriously good stuff being sold around this town. i think i might need to start drinking again and maybe start doing some drugs as well

saabsaab wrote: »

Happens to me all the time because I live very close to town. Numerous times its people think that its their friends house but their friends actually live 3-4 doors up or something. My streets houses has people moving in and out all the time so I get that kind of stuff a lot cause people mix up houses. Normally I would just open the door and ask them to move on if they are overly loud and generally you get no trouble, so I wouldn't be going around chopping off peoples digits like OP.

Advertisement