Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revenue to take property tax - where are the TD's who led people up the garden path?

Options
  • 06-08-2014 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,542 ✭✭✭✭

According to tomorrows Irish Times the revenue is to automatically deduct household charge, property tax, arrears and penalties from 100,000 payslips next month.

I have one question. 95% have paid the charge.

Where are the TD's who fooled the 5% of some of Ireland's most vulnerable people in to not paying under the auspices of convincing them that some big revolution was under way? These people were used, abused and discarded by these TD's - Clare Daly, Joe Higgins, Richard Boyd Barrett etc.

Are these revolutionary leaders now going to pay these peoples penalties for them? That is what i'd like to know. Of course it's no problem for them to pay given their generous salaries but it's a big problem for the people they induced in to this mess.

I note the TD's in question are absent on this issue suddenly. At least come out and try and defend what you did to these people.

I hope the voters remember this.

Shameful.

Mod:

Thread originally started in After Hours.

Moved from After Hours, please read the current charter.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

Where are the TD's who led people up the garden path?

At this hour of the night?

Most likely had a skinful of brandy and are now in some D4 massage parlour getting a happy ending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

The people who listen to them nutjobs are gowls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Politics forum
    >>

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

I for one welcome our new revenue commissioning overlords, and am happy to post their praises so long as they disproportionately target other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Im sure Thelma & Louise will bring it up in the dail soon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

What about Labour ? How many people did they lead up the garden path with their pre election lies ? Only to turn around and fcuk everyone over the second they got a sniff of power.

That's what people should remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭The Th!ng

The household charge / property tax is just another means by which the Irish governemnt raises money to pay back the bondholders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Inspecting planes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

The Th!ng wrote: »
    The household charge / property tax is just another means by which the Irish governemnt raises money to pay back the bondholdersbloated, mismanaged, inefficient public service & the overly genrous welfare system

It's more to do with the continuing large current deficit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Moved from After Hours, please read the current charter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭donegal__road

there is no more room in the Joy OP.. the 5% will be weeding the flower-beds with the Anglo crew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭S.O

I went to one of anti property tax public meetings last year, the organisers told people in the audience the consequences not paying, taken from wages/source etc no tax clearance cert and also said its up to people themselves if they want to try to fight against the property tax or not, I don,t blame any of the tds who were against the property tax for anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

10 posts in 20 minutes then moved to /pol and 2 posts in 15 hours

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 54,705 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The tax bugged me but I am glad I paid on time and gave them not a cent more than needed. They will get this money off people, and with interest!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Tigger wrote: »
    10 posts in 20 minutes then moved to /pol and 2 posts in 15 hours

:rolleyes:

Its the elephant graveyard of AH threads!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,133 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Getting back on topic, I know people who live in Ireland but both work in NI, how will the Gov get the tax off these folk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

NIMAN wrote: »
    Getting back on topic, I know people who live in Ireland but both work in NI, how will the Gov get the tax off these folk?

they will send the Sheriff

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

NIMAN wrote: »

Well it's up to them to self declare it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Add Seamus Healy T.D. Tipperary to the list.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Where are the freeman of the land now?

Are they still telling people they don't have to pay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

Godge wrote: »
    Where are the freeman of the land now?

Are they still telling people they don't have to pay?

they are all over at Ben Gilroy's many Facebook pages discussing consent, chemtrails, trespass, courts for profit, creation of money from nothing ... you get the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

It's pretty pointless not paying it because it means you'll never be able to sell your house so it effectively becomes worthless until you've paid the debt associated with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,670 ✭✭✭flutered

Muahahaha wrote: »
    It's pretty pointless not paying it because it means you'll never be able to sell your house so it effectively becomes worthless until you've paid the debt associated with it.
    what about ssome one who has no intention of selling, or people who have for property bought for key money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

flutered wrote: »
    what about ssome one who has no intention of selling, or people who have for property bought for key money.

They'll keep ramping up the charges until eventually it's paid.

If it isn't paid,they'll farm the debt out to a private collection agency who will some day turn up with a court order to seize your goods and chattels.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

flutered wrote: »
    I suppose it might make sense for some people to have the tax, interest and penalties taken from their estate after their death.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Phoebas wrote: »
    I suppose it might make sense for some people to have the tax, interest and penalties taken from their estate after their death.

Yes...and it could wipe out everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,133 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

There was someone on a radio chat show a couple of months ago (can't remember if it was a local Donegal one or a national one) ranting about "where are all these politicians now who told me not to pay". It made for interesting listening.

Basically the caller was saying how thousands were encouraged to not pay, fight every tax or charge, how they can't send us all to prison, and now Revenue are going to get the money after all (like most of the common sense people knew they would anyway).

Funny how you don't hear many local politicians on the media now saying "don't pay" any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,348 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I got another LPT demand letter during the week. Once again I was threatened unless I pay the outstanding amounts in 14 days then blah, blah, blah

According to the demand letter, and despite what we were told at the time, there is no interest or additional charges added to the Household Charge that was due two years ago.

I'm self-employed so they can't deduct anything from my wages.

In other news, last week, the Trade Union puppet, Brenden Howlin, said that they'd look at returning some, or all, of the PS pay cuts next year.

Irish people are officially the stupidest people in Europe, if not the world!

According to the demand letter, and despite what we were told at the time, there is no interest or additional charges added to the Household Charge that was due two years ago.
    You must be the only person in the country who didn't have their unpaid €100 household charge doubled to a €200 LPT.

• Advertisement

I'm self-employed so they can't deduct anything from my wages.

I think they have other ways of dealing with self employed tax evaders.
    In relation to the self-employed and companies, nearly 9,600 tax clearance certificates were refused and over 12,200 income tax surcharges were applied.

Advertisement