Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moro Coconut

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

DarkJager wrote:
    I'm stocking up before this "limited edition" runs out... I swear to god I'll cry the day they take these bars off the shelves.

Don't these limited edition things sometimes stick around for ages, or become regular products, if the sales are good enough? Like Kit Kat Chunky (I'm sure that started out as a limited edition bar a few years back). Quick! Everyone rush out and buy as many Moro Coconuts as you can! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Faith wrote:
    AGH!! I can't find these ANYWHERE and it's really annoying me! Has anyone gotten them in Cork?

Super Valu in Merchant's Quay, go go go!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Nice one! I'll be there tomorrow!

These had better be the best damn chocolate bars I've ever tasted...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭Archeron

Tried one at last yesterday. They are nice alright, but they taste a bit salty. They kind of remind me of star bars for some reason. Good coconut alternative to Bounty, as it is completely different.
    They must be popular though, the shop I bought it in only had three left in the space reserved for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Passport

Faith wrote:
    Nice one! I'll be there tomorrow!

These had better be the best damn chocolate bars I've ever tasted...

Was it?

• Advertisement

Passport wrote:
    Was it?

No, no it wasn't. It was grand, but not particularly impressive. I didn't get avery strong coconut taste from it, and that disappointed me. 3/5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

You probably got a warm bar. Try throwing one of them in the fridge for a while and eat it then. Guarantee you'll give it 5/5! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Read my sig... anybody finds my bike or buys my car and they will get 5 cases... yes 5 cases of coconut moro!!! No messin

DarkJager wrote:
    You probably got a warm bar. Try throwing one of them in the fridge for a while and eat it then. Guarantee you'll give it 5/5! :)

Maybe... I was standing in a queue in Penney's at the time too, and it was my breakfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I had one yesterday, hmm, it was nice alright, a bit too sweet, but I can't really complain about, it being a chocolate bar and all.

On a side note, why do most shops not keep their chocolate in a cool/refridgerated area? Surely all chocolate is better after being cooled for a while?

• Advertisement

I actually dreamt about these last night. I was in my local shop shouting "THEY HAVE MORO COCONUTS HERE!".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Faith wrote:
    I actually dreamt about these last night. I was in my local shop shouting "THEY HAVE MORO COCONUTS HERE!".
    Faith, you take your Mod duties here FAAAAR too seriously :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭CiaraBelle

wow, can't believe theres a whole thread for these things! not that im complaining i just never thought anyone else was as obsessed with them as me!! came home after my last day of exams knowing i had put one in the fridge yesterday and it was gone. devastating.....:(

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,278 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Woohoo! I finally managed to get my hands on one of these today. Haven't eaten it yet, I'll report back with my findings later.

Oh wow! I think Cadburys have just invented the world's most addictive chocolate bar. Absolutely spectacular! :D

I had one a few weeks ago, it was rank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

can't stand them.

Kit Kat peanut's im addicted to though..
    maybe we're all different kinds of nuts? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I CAN'T FIND THEM!!!!!!!! Are they gone? :(:(:(

No, bought one just an hour ago. It was the last one they had though, now that I think of it, so maybe they're on the way out.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

just milled one, they have them in Statoil shops. Seems to be part of Cadburys dumbing down naming system

Blue Moro= Old Moro
    Red Moro = Starbar
    White Moro = Boost Bar.

I still like them but i liked them all better when the toffee was harder.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

they are the nicest bars on the market at the moment! they are very like the coconut boost bars from the 80's. 10 out of 10 for me!

Advertisement