Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

Agueroooo wrote: »
    ... when I load back in my custom bouquet it loads in the old frequency and those same channels don't work again.

Ideas?

I'm only getting my head around how the Autobouquets plug-in works. There is a forum where you can get the latest version of Autobouquets and the creator of the plugin and others give support though it's not a very active thread.

When you say you have created a 'custom bouquet' what do you mean exactly? Just a bouquet that you put channels into yourself or an Autobouquets generated bouquet that you have customised using loads of swaps in the custom_swap.txt file? If it is the former then the frequencies for those channels won't get updated by running Autobouquets and for those you will have to do a new re-scan on your box of the satellite by yourself. To make it easier you could just re-scan the transponder that those channels are on.

As to my problem mentioned above.. my current workaround is to create Bouquets for "London HD" and then create my own favourites category for the Irish channels that I can receive anyway through the terrestrial tuner.

Flex

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

championc wrote: »
    Hey Zardoz, can't live with it but can't live without it either :)

I take back what I said about the picture quality being poor.
    I have been watching tv all evening with the adjusted picture settings and the picture is bloody amazing ,even SD stuff looks good but HD is unreal .
    The SH4 chipset really makes stuff look brilliant compared to a MIPS based receiver.

One thing I have noticed about the receiver is that it locks up very badly unless it has a live satellite feed or a tuned channel.
    If you switch to a channel with no signal it locks up ,very odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Wcool

Just a bit of a rant, i need to blow of some steam :)

For a couple of days now, I have Hyperion 2 but it is a pain.
    Obviously I must be doing things wrong as everyone in this forum is extremely enthusiastic about this image.

Good things:
    - the media player seems to play more different video formats than spark/ar-p
    - better scaling of formats that don't fit into 16-9

Bad things:
    - generally a lot less intuitive UI, lot's of menu entries that do the same. Extremely difficult to navigate as well
    - crashing more often
    - EPG leaves a lot of open spaces in the program guide. I wish there was an option not to show any channels that need decryption
    - media player sinks back to black within 2 seconds if no button is pressed?? surely this is a bug?
    - white noise if the channel can't be decrypted
    - fluctuations in volume level between channels

I am totally convinced it is me that is the problem (PEBKAC). I am quite comfortable with linux but I wonder if I should put a lot of time in investigating how auto bouquets and oscam work and modifying config files directly (as an aside it is hard to find good info in the dozens of satellite forums, too technical, too many to choose from) but the missus is getting anxious.

Did anyone go back to the Spark image and just leave it with that or should I put another week into it?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

Wcool wrote: »
    - generally a lot less intuitive UI, lot's of menu entries that do the same. Extremely difficult to navigate as well
    - crashing more often
    - EPG leaves a lot of open spaces in the program guide. I wish there was an option not to show any channels that need decryption
    - media player sinks back to black within 2 seconds if no button is pressed?? surely this is a bug?

I am totally convinced it is me that is the problem (PEBKAC). I am quite comfortable with linux but I wonder if I should put a lot of time in investigating how auto bouquets and oscam work and modifying config files directly (as an aside it is hard to find good info in the dozens of satellite forums, too technical, too many to choose from) but the missus is getting anxious.

Did anyone go back to the Spark image and just leave it with that or should I put another week into it?

What aspect of the UI is different from AR-P? other than the blue button interface.

I have not had many crashes (I have had a few)

The option in autobouquets for FTA only is not great, you need a custom_swap.txt file to remove the gaps and get a good list of channels. For some reason my custom.txt worked much button in AR-P, I am looking into seeing what I can do about it - if you find solutions, post here as there are a few of us working on this.

There are fluctuations in channel volume, particularly when you choose the option without audio description.

if you are only looking for channels that don't need decryption you don't need oscam.

There are some who are using spark successfully but the epg is not as good.

Did you get AR-P running successfully? the differences in setup are small between the images.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭reaper12

Just a bit of a rant, i need to blow of some steam :)

For a couple of days now, I have Hyperion 2 but it is a pain.
    Obviously I must be doing things wrong as everyone in this forum is extremely enthusiastic about this image.

Good things:
    - the media player seems to play more different video formats than spark/ar-p
    - better scaling of formats that don't fit into 16-9

Bad things:
    - crashing more often

I don't know what problems you are having with the UI, I found it to be basically the same between all images. And I also do know anything about the media player side of things either.

But, like you, I wasn't happy at all with the hyperion image. So I went back to spark last weekend. During the week I had some free time so I re-installed yellowking's open pli image with no judder.

Well, I sugggest you try out that image. It works for me way better than any other one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Wcool

Yes AR-P worked immediately with only one re-scan of the saorview channels.
    I can't actually find these Soarview channels in FAV btw.

I probably have the wrong skin selected on Hyperion. AR-P did not have a meda player menu as I recall, just configure your Samba and press on Play on the file that you want to play. The Hyperion player is first builds a playlist and OK and Play button don't do what you would expect.

Probably just unlucky and maybe I was used to the a AR-P by now. But you more or less confirmed i have to edit custom.txt

Yes AR-P worked immediately with only one re-scan of the saorview channels.
    I can't actually find these Soarview channels in FAV btw.

I probably have the wrong skin selected on Hyperion.

If I understand you correctly you need to edit the bouquet, do this by pressing "OK" and then "Menu" then select move mode (I am not in front of the box now).

To get a saorview bouquet, select providers, then highlight RTENL, press menu and add to bouquet. Then move mode as you see fit.

I have only used the skin than championc installed, so others might be of help there, but there shouldn't be any difference in the user options, just how it looks- (and sometimes performance)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Hey Wcool.

The one bit which annoyed me too was with Autobouquets. I have now selected London HD and I told it NOT to make a separate HD list (can't remember the exact wording right now).

The list is far more sensible with no gaps now.

I just created my SD Streaming group and have RTE's in there.

I just wish that AR-P was updated because I am 99% sure that you cannot record two terrestrial programs simultaneously. They keep showing as 0mb and I think this is why. I have programmes starting recording early and finishing late so when Eastenders and Fair City are back to back, I kept losing brownie points !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I just wish that AR-P was updated because I am 99% sure that you cannot record two terrestrial programs simultaneously. They keep showing as 0mb and I think this is why. I have programmes starting recording early and finishing late so when Eastenders and Fair City are back to back, I kept losing brownie points !!

That happens on my box too but it's not just terrestrial recordings, satellite channels are also affected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭basill

Just finished installing the hyperion image of championpc onto a new box. Seems fine apart from no soarview channels are showing. If I select say RTE 2 it shows a blank screen. Hitting INFO on the remote shows it as a DVB-S channel whereas I thought it was DVB-T? When I change the Provider to RTENL I get them okay and they are showing up as DVB-T using the INFO button.

Both soarview and the uk ones were showing up fine together on the Spark epg.

Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭smee again

basill wrote: »
    Just finished installing the hyperion image of championpc onto a new box. Seems fine apart from no soarview channels are showing. If I select say RTE 2 it shows a blank screen. Hitting INFO on the remote shows it as a DVB-S channel whereas I thought it was DVB-T? When I change the Provider to RTENL I get them okay and they are showing up as DVB-T using the INFO button.

Both soarview and the uk ones were showing up fine together on the Spark epg.

Any ideas?

Did you do a terrestrial scan with clear before scan enabled? The frequencies used will be different in your area if your aerial is pointing to a different mast.

Not at all. How do I do one of those. Literally I just plugged in the USB stick and followed the instructions for loading enigma2.

Not at all. How do I do one of those. Literally I just plugged in the USB stick and followed the instructions for loading enigma2.

Sorry, not at box, it'll be under service searching, I think tuner A is the terrestrial, will say DVB-T

Managed to find that. Only problem is I get a green screen of death saying software problem. Then the box reboots to the Hyperion 2 splash screen and boots up as normal but without the soarview channels being scanned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Hey guys, I'm just trying to set up crossepg at the moment. I have configured via menu to use "Storage Device". I have forced a download and forced a reload. I also restarted the box. Channels epg doesn't show up unless I navigate to them. Any ideas?

Hi basill

You are looking at the bouquets created by autobouquets. So these are the RTE's from Sky.

Look at the SD streaming group at the very bottom which is a manually created group, which is the only way to join both

Hey guys, I'm just trying to set up crossepg at the moment. I have configured via menu to use "Storage Device". I have forced a download and forced a reload. I also restarted the box. Channels epg doesn't show up unless I navigate to them. Any ideas?

You have the OpenTV provider 28.2 enabled. If you have go to Info about Database and make sure it's creating the db

I am probably missing something fundamental about how the autobouquets works and will try and read up over the weekend but in the meantime:-

- I found the SD streaming which has the soarview channels in it. Thing is RTE2 is showing as a DVB-S channel and I get a black screen
    - How do I get one epg with the HD version of RTE2 alongside the HD BBCs like I had in Spark?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

I am probably missing something fundamental about how the autobouquets works and will try and read up over the weekend but in the meantime:-

- I found the SD streaming which has the soarview channels in it. Thing is RTE2 is showing as a DVB-S channel and I get a black screen
    - How do I get one epg with the HD version of RTE2 alongside the HD BBCs like I had in Spark?

Easiest option I found was to download dreamboxedit and add the channels you want to the favourites folder.

• Advertisement

I am probably missing something fundamental about how the autobouquets works and will try and read up over the weekend

Autobouquets is a plugin which re-creates the Sky Groups on an Enigma2 based receiver.

You would need a Sky Card in order to be able to see the DVB-S RTE channels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

smee again wrote: »
    You have the OpenTV provider 28.2 enabled. If you have go to Info about Database and make sure it's creating the db

Cheers got it sorted, when checking it was enabled I noticed there was a yellow button option to download. It seemed to be downloading the same stuff as before, but it did one more step at the end, converting data and it started to work.

Got vu+ app working too, seems much nicer than dream droid app

Autobouquets is a plugin which re-creates the Sky Groups on an Enigma2 based receiver.

You would need a Sky Card in order to be able to see the DVB-S RTE channels

Yeah I get that. What I mean is how do I get a single epg in enimga like the default I had in Spark out of the box with all the "free" channels alongside each other, irrespective of which tuner they are being received off. Eg: rte1, rte2HD, tv3, tg4, bbc1HD, bbc2hd, itv1HD etc etc.

Yeah I get that. What I mean is how do I get a single epg in enimga like the default I had in Spark out of the box with all the "free" channels alongside each other, irrespective of which tuner they are being received off. Eg: rte1, rte2HD, tv3, tg4, bbc1HD, bbc2hd, itv1HD etc etc.

You need to make your own bouquet with dreamboxedit, add them all to favourites down at the end and autobouquets will not make any changes to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭satelliteman20

Hi im just wondering is anyone having tuner
    Problems with there alien 2 I am running hyperion with 2 feeds from 28.2 with both feeds set to simple mode if I record something I can only watch something from a h transponder on tuner 2 also the box is slow and laggy when recording many thanks for the replies

Hi im just wondering is anyone having tuner
    Problems with there alien 2 I am running hyperion with 2 feeds from 28.2 with both feeds set to simple mode if I record something I can only watch something from a h transponder on tuner 2 also the box is slow and laggy when recording many thanks for the replies

Are you sue both tuners are working, check in sat meter. Also, set tuner c to equal to tuner b

• Advertisement

What I mean is how do I get a single epg in enimga like the default I had in Spark....

I can hear PogMoThoin turning in his proverbial boards.ie grave.

Flex

thanks but i have set tuner c to equal tuner b but its still the same i can watch channel 5 on 10965 h but cant watch channel 4 on 10729 v this happens only when i am recording or if i only have a cable in tuner c

thanks but i have set tuner c to equal tuner b but its still the same i can watch channel 5 on 10965 h but cant watch channel 4 on 10729 v this happens only when i am recording or if i only have a cable in tuner c

You sure both tuners have a signal, check with sat finder

Since switching back to h2 image my Autotimer isn't working properly. When I click save it sets up the timers for the next 7 days but it doesn't set up any more after that so if I want to keep recording a series I have to go into Autotimer once a week and click save. Anyone else have this problem?

no the 2nd satellite tuner cant get v polarity transponders even with it been the only tuner enabled tuner 1 is fine im thinking tuner 2 is faulty the same feed is ok when plugged directly into my technomate reciever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Since switching back to h2 image my Autotimer isn't working properly. When I click save it sets up the timers for the next 7 days but it doesn't set up any more after that so if I want to keep recording a series I have to go into Autotimer once a week and click save. Anyone else have this problem?
    When in autotimer page, hit menu and settings and check that "poll automatically" is enabled.

When in autotimer page, hit menu and settings and check that "poll automatically" is enabled.

Thanks, never knew that menu existed.

no the 2nd satellite tuner cant get v polarity transponders even with it been the only tuner enabled tuner 1 is fine im thinking tuner 2 is faulty the same feed is ok when plugged directly into my technomate reciever

Are you sure you have the cables in the correct sockets ? I originally "assumed" that A and B were above/below each other but in fact they are horizontal, side by side

Yea I have them both in the top 2 lnb sockets i have tried spark and its the same would u have any idea what it might be thats gone wrong maybe a capacitor blown thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Yea I have them both in the top 2 lnb sockets i have tried spark and its the same would u have any idea what it might be thats gone wrong maybe a capacitor blown thanks

Rule out that it is not software related, completely wipe the box by installing the factory spark image. If the issue persists it hardware failure.

Hi do u mean install the latest version 1.2.68 from the amiko website or the very old 1.51 thanks

Check the two lnb connections by connecting them individually

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭karl75

championc i have your image running the past few weeks all ok but now everything seems to of slowed like changing channel and in the menu seems to take about 3 secs to change also display is staying on last channel even though its being changed onto a differnt one would i be better reflashing and starting again cheers

I honestly don't know. In one sense, the only thing that should slow it down is if it's got more tasks running simultaneously like recording or streaming.

I honestly don't know. In one sense, the only thing that should slow it down is if it's got more tasks running simultaneously like recording or streaming.

I never thought it was fast, it always took 3sec or so to load the EPG for me. if it is faster for others maybe I should reflash.

Also I have noticed that when recording using Autotimers that there seems to be multiple channels recorded even if I have restricted the channel. eg If I record something on UTV it also records on ITV - taking both sat tuners (same for anything on BBC as it records different regiional variants). This means that I cannot view another sat channel while recording. It does not happen with the timer in coolTVguide. Anyone else noticed this or am I doing something wrong?

• Advertisement

Certainly takes it's time to show the EPG alright.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

As you guys are aware a number of channels changed freq and a rescan was required a couple of weeks ago.(eg) BT SPORT etc

Well that freq change has screwed up my custom bouquet (Favourites TV) that I made up using dreambox edit.

I have rescanned all channels and sure enough my 'Favourites (TV)' bouquet was unaffected by the channel rescan, good, but the channels that changed freq obviously wont get updated in Favourites TV bouquet which is what is causing me hassle.

They (the channels that changed) do show up in dreamboxedit highlighted in blue, and when mouse pointer is hovered over it gives some properties (see below pic) so my question is...

In dreamboxedit is there a way to update all those channels in blue
    to match the same channels outside 'Favourites TV' which do work?

Hope i explained this correctly.

275978.png

Unless I'm not sure what you mean.. don't you just click on the channel highlighted in blue and drag it into the bouquet that you want it in? Then delete the ones still in your favourites TV bouquet whose frequencies have changed.

Flex

Just delete those in the Favorites bouquet and drag and drop them across again from the left

If they have changed, they're not likely to change again any time soon. Ok, it will tske you 30 mins but think of the sense of satisfaction once you've done it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I see PKT are testing Hyperion 3 at the moment ,great news.

Zardoz wrote: »
    I see PKT are testing Hyperion 3 at the moment ,great news.

Cool, I wonder how long it'll be before we see a release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭Irreverent

Quick question lads.

On the spark and enigma side of things there are channels I just cannot scan in with the satellite tuners. For example I can tune bbc 1 bbc 2 channel 4 etc standard def. but not bbc 1 or 2 hd, kerrang, more 4, bbc 3 sd. I know this is a weird problem and I'm not a noob by any means but can't figure out what's wrong. Anyone had that issue? I usually just stick to FTA by the way.

A lot of satellite channels on Astra 28.2E seem to be changing their frequencies lately. But also the configuration of the satellite transponders they are broadcast from.

Try downloading a new satellites.xml which has the latest transponder info updated daily.

You could also use the info from LyngSat to see which transponders your missing channels are meant to be on and then go in to Spark/Enigma2 to see if they are set up correctly then re-scan.

Flex

• Advertisement

Ireverent I have a very similar problem with my box with both spark and e2 but only on tuner 2 it cant recieve channels on the vertical transponders but horizontals are ok I think the tuner is faulty because ive reset it and its still the same

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement