Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Spoilers inside!** Pokemon X and Pokemon Y - October 2013! :D

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I'm Nuzlocking on a cartridge version, I doubt there's a 3DS emulator out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The regular DS emulators are few and far between. No way is their a 3DS one.

Why would you need to revert to a previous save?

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Been thinking of restarting Y and seeing if I can complete the Pokédex with just constant WonderTrading. It will take forever and won't be very exciting but I think it's a good challenge. Problem is, if I get someone good, I won't want to give them away :pac:

I tried, but got bored after about 4 hours. As such, I'm going for a second living Pokédex now.

Also using Pokémon that I never usually use. I got a Tepig from the Bank for my starter and set off. Just about to go into the tower where you find out about mega evolution with my current team of Emboar, Tyrunt, Axew, Floette and Ducklett. Bunnelby is currently the sixth but that's only because he has pick up and I have yet to decide on a last one.

On a somewhat related note, how much of a fcuking waste is that manor thing in Camphrier Town? It does nothing! The amount of pointless or wasted areas are a huge disappointment with the games in general. It's why I was hoping for a follow up game and was disappointed they went with remakes instead. So much stuff that could be worked with but instead we get a pointless remake while Kalos is thrown to the side.

Don't forget about the Paris Vivillon. Unless you care about it being original, you can get a clone on reddit to add to your collection.

If you can clone yourself then you could use them for anything else you need.

What's this about getting a Paris Vivillon clone on Reddit?

• Advertisement

What's this about getting a Paris Vivillon clone on Reddit?

There are a load of trade subreddits. A lot are offering a clone for various Pokémon. Some are better than others. I got mine for a Tepig whereas others are looking for the likes of Darkrai etc. If you can't find a decent trade, make a post looking for one with what you have to offer.

I finished Pokemon X. I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of things to do in the single-player campaign once you've beaten the Pokemon League.

I finished Pokemon X. I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of things to do in the single-player campaign once you've beaten the Pokemon League.

Did you do the looker missions? That and the Pokédex seem to be the main things to do. It's the reason I was so disappointed they are doing remakes next instead of a follow up. A lot of the Kalos map is just..... there. Like it was included specifically for a follow up.

Yeah, I didn't even check Terminus Cave until after the Pokemon League. :o As someone who's a bit shy, I'm not really that interested by multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Looks like the fancy pants Vivilon is currently available through Mystery Gift. Get'em while you can.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

deathrider wrote: »
    Looks like the fancy pants Vivilon is currently available through Mystery Gift. Get'em while you can.

The pokeball one?

HA Treecko isn't yet available legally is it? I've gotten two today on WonderTrade. Don't think I ever got a regular Treecko on it before today!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

You can get one that's been transferred forward all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    HA Treecko isn't yet available legally is it? I've gotten two today on WonderTrade. Don't think I ever got a regular Treecko on it before today!

yeah it is, I transferred a **** ton of mine, bred em and traded em

http://www.serebii.net/xy/hiddenability.shtml#

It ain't listed as one.

I was fairly positive only Gen 1 and 6 along with Torchic had been released.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

If you're saying it has a hidden ability, then it's possibly hacked.

http://www.serebii.net/xy/berryfields.shtml

What does "Red Berry Trees - Wild Encounters" mean? I cant see anything like that in the game?

I believe it's these.

Angron wrote: »
    I believe it's these.

That looks right! Never got a berry from them before so never thought of anything like that.

Thank you. Almost have all the berries once I get those.

Yeah, I only found out about them by accident.

• Advertisement

http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/a740669b-65bf-4ba5-9972-f1ae33ec0483

Pokeball Vivillon looks to be on its way. Already have one but cant hurt to get two more.

Makes me wonder why they dont do all events like this.

Because that would take away the reason for attending Pokemon events/movies. :pac:

Because that would take away the reason for attending Pokemon events/movies. :pac:

I mean the gamestop etc events.

the bastards are giving shiny bedlum with its megastone for the remakes, why you bastards, now my shiny is less cool

I wonder how pissed off you were when you got a Shiny Dratini in Black/White 2. I named mine Aemon.

Better than the shiny Gible :pac:

I wonder how pissed off you were when you got a Shiny Dratini in Black/White 2. I named mine Aemon.

MY woman has it now, if ya don't breed/random it, it it just doesn have the same appeal

If a friend deletes you can you still get the HA in their friend safari? I have to have caught easily 50 Dugtrio in one that I'm 99% sure has deleted me and not once have I gotten a HA. Usually I average about 1 in 5 being HA.

Incredibly unlucky or can it no longer be done?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

don't they have to be online for you to get Hidden Ability?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭beaner09

Is their third Pokémon unlocked? If not I don't think hidden abilities show up. It's either that or it's at a lower rate than it would be if he had beat the Elite Four and you were both online at the same time.

The fact Dugtrio has 3 possible abilities means it would also take longer!

*Tip: Use a Pokémon with trace ability (Ralts evolution line), it will save you time catching/checking each ones ability!

Advertisement