Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The O&O 2014 World Cup Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Oops Dunphy says the F Word, live on RTE

That will provide more comment than the first half, which was lousy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

martinn123 wrote: »
    There's a chap called Fred, playing for Brazil.

I wonder what his surname is?

Frederico Chaves Guedes :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Not as good as Talented Tim Cahill the aussie (And ex-Everton) Player

Cameroon, they make lovely chocolate bars.

Or is that Macaroon.

En,Ger Land seem to be in some trouble.

Perhaps we could invite the Queen over for another visit, to soothe the nerves, I really enjoyed her last trip here.

• Advertisement

So En,GerLand are out, and they still have one game to play, before they all go on holiday to Costa Rica.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Italy were poor, Costa Rica were very very good

France were awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

I enjoyed the team who did a big dance when they scored, think it was Cameroon?

I watched a game :)

Honduras and Ecuador

Good entertainment, it was all rush and run just like a footy game used to be. I actually enjoyed it.

According to the lads on RTE,

Algeria, look like World Beaters,

North Korea look like Panel Beaters

So if you have a car problem, look out for some Koreans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,833 ✭✭✭✭muffler

So that's what they've been doing while their neighbours from the South were in playing in the finals :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

According to the lads on RTE,

Algeria, look like World Beaters,

So if you have a car problem, look out for some Koreans.

We heard that one on RTE too. They must have been writing these for weeks in preparation! And yeah, South Korea more likely. Kim wouldn't let his lads play. :( Here's Kim:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/worldnews/10521123/Kim-Jong-un-in-pictures-The-bizarre-photoshoots-of-North-Koreas-leader.html?frame=2767387

I'd love to visit North Korea..

I stopped posting my little flags cos I got bored. Might start again once it narrows down a bit.
    It's like the Eurovision thread for me :D

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    We heard that one on RTE too. They must have been writing these for weeks in preparation! And yeah, South Korea more likely. Kim wouldn't let his lads play. :( Here's Kim:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/worldnews/10521123/Kim-Jong-un-in-pictures-The-bizarre-photoshoots-of-North-Koreas-leader.html?frame=2767387

Pic 7... he has a wife :eek:

Chucken wrote: »
    Pic 7... he has a wife :eek:
    I cant see her throwing his dinner to the dog when he arrives in late from the pub.

Back OT, I felt sorry for the USA last night. Conceding the equaliser with 20 seconds left must have been heartbreaking

muffler wrote: »
    I cant see her throwing his dinner to the dog when he arrives in late from the pub.

Back OT, I felt sorry for the USA last night. Conceding the equaliser with 20 seconds left must have been heartbreaking

Could be worse.......

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/northkorea/7918468/North-Korean-football-team-shamed-in-six-hour-public-inquiry-over-World-Cup.html

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Yes, its a bit difficult to comprehend those attitudes - and people putting up with it.

At least Norman Whiteside, only " Bites your Legs "

Suarez is a Gurrier.

At least Norman Whiteside, only " Bites your Legs "
    That would have been Norman, bite your legs, Hunter :)

• Advertisement

I'm always getting my Norman's mixed up.

Proof, you are right

It's coming home,

It's coming home,

It's coming..........

Footballs coming home..........

http://2lus4qv.jpg

Wonder what will happen to Suarez. I don't wish harm on anyone but he needs a very long ban to get his head in order. After all kids watch these games. What kind of example is that? You should properly cook your food before you eat it!

If Uruguay play Germany he can have a shoulder of Lahm

I feel sorry for Japan, but Colombia did play very well. Should they have brought out their oul'fella in goal, or not? Two ways of looking at it - (a) they gave the poor oul divil a last crack at the World Cup, and (b) they disrespected their opponents. Class discussion will ensue....

Right, oldwans & oldfellas, As we move into the knockout stages, I really think we need to up our Game on this Thread.

There has'nt been a barbaque yet, or indeed a decent bottle of Wine, or even a decent Beer.

Let's face it at our age we can't compare with the Soccer Forum, where they know what's going on, on the Gambling Forum, where they make loads of cash off every Game.

So I propose everyone chooses a team to support, and we expect expert analysis, before, during, and after your Team plays, regarding the wine available in that region, or the pleasures of their beach front properties, or maybe their local beers, maybe their weather, or whatever you like.pictures of local Hotties, will be welcome.

I would propose an open draw, perhaps supervised by a Mod, but as this thread is an oversight, I think it might be rigged.

Anyone with me?

Maybe I should be off to Beer Guts, and receding Hairlines, or whatever it's called.

Come on Russia.

Hmmmmmm, I'm thinking, I'm thinking. A lot of favourites are gone. World Cup is having a day off today. Hmmmmmmm!

OK, to help you all, this is a list of the fixtures to come

https://www.google.ie/?gws_rd=ssl#q=world+cup+knockout+fixtures&safe=active

maybe someone with a titter of wit, could produce a list where we can substitute usernames for the Country, ( help me out here ).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

i bags Germany ! - if possible

• Advertisement

Hmmmm OK I will go for Belgium

Advertisement