Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

College Football Penn St/UCF Game confirmed 2014 in Croker

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

adrian522 wrote: »
    Sent ye both a PM there. I could try just saying no I suppose.

joe@rte.ie

i guess they could force it pretty easily by refusing admission very ****ty on there part though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Sent ye both a PM there. I could try just saying no I suppose.

I have 2 good tickets spare if you guys need..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

i would start an epic social media campaign if that happened..

We have the tickets, if they want to shift us they need to pony up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Just got a call from ticketmaster, apparently ESPN are covering this game and have decided they want my tickets. I've been offered tickets elsewhere in the ground but I don't feel they are as good.

Feel a bit shafted by the whole thing.

Tell them you could do but would need to be compensated as you feel the tickets offered elsewhere aren't as good and you had promised your friends going with you those specific seats and they aren't happy.

They should sort you out with something at least.

If their compensatory offer is no good then say you will ask/asked your friends and they're not willing to move.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yeah, all good points, I am sure though they have this scenario covered pretty well in their terms and conditions, sneaky fuk**ers that they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Yeah, all good points, I am sure though they have this scenario covered pretty well in their terms and conditions, sneaky fuk**ers that they are.

No harm in pushing it though. See what you can get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭deisedude

Fcuk em. Play hardball and ask for corporate box tickets and free meal and bar or you aren't moving!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,072 ✭✭✭OU812

I'd be asking for better tickets & some merchandise or like above, the corporate hospitality thing (which is going to cost them nothing)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Lot of oressure on you to deliver Adrian!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Indeed. I'll do my best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Ask them why they want them too? Would be worse again if they just wanted to move you so they're cameras weren't going to be blocking your view or something, and by you playing hardball and saying no means you end up seeing nothing.

(just in case of they actually are concerned about you and not just a case of them flexing corporate muscles to give one of their execs or sponsors a good seat)

They're moving us for cameras, our seats were front row so have the best view, Ticketmaster told us to feck off basically we get different tickets and that's it

They're moving us for cameras, our seats were front row so have the best view, Ticketmaster told us to feck off basically we get different tickets and that's it

That's a pity. I presume they'll be covered in their T's & C's like Adrian mentioned above.

Are the tickets you are being offered (well, told you're taking) now in the same price range and/or a lot worse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

If anyone is looking I have 4 tickets behind the goal, low to mid seating.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    That's a pity. I presume they'll be covered in their T's & C's like Adrian mentioned above.

Are the tickets you are being offered (well, told you're taking) now in the same price range and/or a lot worse?

They are better. Well, more expensive, in one of the central sections. Row K instead of Row A though.

I think Row A of the upper level is as good as it gets for watching American football, especially if you like watching the play unfold and keeping an eye on individual battles.

That's where we were for the wembley game last year and it was class. Row K is not too bad though, and sweetened by the fact that it is more or less on half way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭RayCon

So what's the gut feeling on final crowd size ? ... Looking forward to it , but hope it's not so sparse it'll be a morgue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Putting it out there, I'm going to wear my Pats jersey into it.

Ya think it will have the same vibe as London games where everyone just wears their own NFL team colours?

BKWDR wrote: »
    Putting it out there, I'm going to wear my Pats jersey into it.

Ya think it will have the same vibe as London games where everyone just wears their own NFL team colours?

Ya, pretty much. I'm going to wear my Cincinnati Bearcats jersey to it. Got plenty of confused Americans asking me about it at the Notre Dame game last time out!

I picked up a UCF t shirt when I was in Orlando recently so that'll be my top for the day. I think I'm sitting in their section.

As for the crowd, I'm hoping for around 45-50k (presuming the 30k coming from the States figure is correct)

• Advertisement

Hope they dont try and fcuk people over by charging €10 for a programme this time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

deisedude wrote: »
    Hope they dont try and fcuk people over by charging €10 for a programme this time

I would be shocked if they didn't tbh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Is the game down to start at 1.30? Is there any pre game stuff at the ground or anything? Or after? Probably should allow what, 3 hours for the game and a bit of time after for getting out of the ground and away? Looking at booking somewhere in town after to get something to eat, so trying to figure out what time we'll be back in the city centre for.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Tim131

Looking forward to this, just bought my tickets there, only realised it was being played when someone in work told me.

Just got into College football there last year, Longhorns are my team - who do we think will win this? UCF or Penn State - I believe UCF had the best season in a long while last year?

Should be good anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Figured why the ticket sales were so poor...... :pac:

Oh my God, that's so bad it's actually funny. Initially I thought it was someone impersonating him and did he really try a wink at the end?

oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god

WHAT IS THAT!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,409 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

sweet jesus

should have had a leprechaun.. jesus what marketing genius allowed that

The Penn State Lions!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Oh my God, that's so bad it's actually funny. Initially I thought it was someone impersonating him and did he really try a wink at the end?

Ha I usually don't give an ef about Inda usually but that actually looked like a parody... Unreal

He really does look like a ventriloquist dummy in that video, with the over-exaggerated head movements. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

The Penn State Lions!?!

You think they would have had queue cards for him to at least get the Mascot name right. How hard is it to remember Nittany Lions. What an awful video.

Had tickets for Hill 16 but got an email today from tickets.ie saying the terrace isnt being used and we need to collect our seated tickets from a box office on the day instead. No idea where we'll even be sitting!!!

deisedude wrote: »
    Had tickets for Hill 16 but got an email today from tickets.ie saying the terrace isnt being used and we need to collect our seated tickets from a box office on the day instead. No idea where we'll even be sitting!!!

Wow. Ticket sales must be brutal.

That's not good...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Just got that email too.

Hi there

For operational reasons the terrace is now closed for the Croke Park Classic on Sat 30 Aug in Croke Park.

We have had to reseat all terrace customers and your new tickets will be available to collect at the Box Office from 10am on the morning of the game. Please do not bring your original print at home tickets as they will be invalid.

The box office is located across from Gills Pub at the junction of North Circular Road and Jones’ Road. The stewards will be able to point you in the right direction if you have any problems.

Please make sure to bring either the card used to make the purchase or some photo ID along with your original order reference.

If you have any queries please email orders@tickets.ie.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Tickets.ie

It says a lot that they had enough empty seats to re-allocate all the Hill 16 tickets.

Nothing from Ticketmaster yet RE: Hill tickets being moved. I presume they'll get on to it over the next few days.

I wonder what seats those originally on the Hill be given? Nosebleeds most probably. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

It's being televised so they're not going to want huge blocks of empty seats. I wonder how they'll get around the big empty stand - what does that hold? 10,000 ?

Paully D wrote: »
    Nothing from Ticketmaster yet RE: Hill tickets being moved. I presume they'll get on to it over the next few days.

I wonder what seats those originally on the Hill be given? Nosebleeds most probably. :rolleyes:

Have emailed to see where i'm being re-allocated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

It says a lot that they had enough empty seats to re-allocate all the Hill 16 tickets.

Hill holds about 15,000 right?

It was a stupid idea from the get go to open the hill. Who wants to stand to watch a game for 4 hours anyways?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,409 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

This seems like a badly organized mess, how they thought Croker was the place to have this is beyond me they were never going to get anything close to 80,000 to go to this game. This won't bode well for getting more games over in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

it wouldn't surprise me if they put something like the marching band in the Hill or some other filler to take the focus off it being empty. Probably put TV stuff there too.

Croke Park was the place for the Notre Dame game, not for this game.

I do think the lower stands will all probably be full. Wonder how upper tiers are going to look.

it wouldn't surprise me if they put something like the marching band in the Hill or some other filler to take the focus off it being empty. Probably put TV stuff there too.

Croke Park was the place for the Notre Dame game, not for this game.

I do think the lower stands will all probably be full. Wonder how upper tiers are going to look.

They'll probably take a leaf out of the Jacksonville Jaguars book and cover the empty sections with tarpaulin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

They'll probably take a leaf out of the Jacksonville Jaguars book and cover the empty sections with tarpaulin.

or cabanas?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 KnightLight

I know plenty of UCF Fans can't wait to get to Ireland...as many of us are arriving next weekend!

Sorry I can't post links on this site (guess they don't allow new posters to do that) but UCF just put out 2 cool videos on youtube, just search:

2014 UCF Kickoff Luncheon Open

2014 UCF Kickoff Luncheon Highlight Video (some background music by Dropkick Murphys' Boys Are Back!)

Maybe a kind regular users and post those videos in another post.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 KnightLight

Thanks Jack!

Can't wait for our trip...we arrive a week from tomorrow!

• Advertisement
Advertisement