Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlevania:Lords of shadow

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Can't wait for this one either, already have it on my rental list but might treat myself to a preorder after pay day...
    Not a clue about review dates I'm afraid - could be anywhere between now and release date depending on whether they've got an embargo in place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭bugs

Had been following this until i saw footage from E3. Looks like another god of war clone. May not be a bad thing but i won't be rushing out to buy it based on what i've seen so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I think it looks good, and let's not forget Castlevania has gone this way before. Long before God of War was on the scene.

the only trepidation I have is that Kojima is (slightly) involved so I expect to be watcing a lot of cutscenes.

the only trepidation I have is that Kojima is (slightly) involved so I expect to be watcing a lot of cutscenes.

That's what prompted me to rent rather than buying in the first place!
    Then again, given the calibre of the cast, lengthy cut-scenes could be interesting if they're handled well...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,869 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Kojima's not involved at all. According to the developer he's seen the project about 3 times and given some advice and that's it. He's just slapping his name on the cover like tarantino does with the 'presented by' films that come out. It's being made entirely in Spain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭bugs

I think it looks good, and let's not forget Castlevania has gone this way before. Long before God of War was on the scene.

Hes using a cross attached by a chain (?) using combo's that look identical to god of war. The evade looks the same, the QTE's look the same.
    I've played the previous games, they were nothing like this.

That said, i'm still somewhat interested, but if its another dantes inferno, i'm giving it a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

To me it looks like a it could be a good middle ground between God of War and Devil May Cry... I know this is one that I'll most likely be picking up!!!*

*unless it gets panned...

Apparently the demo is out today if you're a PSN+ user and next week for the rest of us...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-09-22-castlevania-los-demo-a-psn-exclusive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

tman wrote: »
    Apparently the demo is out today if you're a PSN+ user and next week for the rest of us...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-09-22-castlevania-los-demo-a-psn-exclusive

Getting kinda sick of PS+ getting demos before us regular folk tbh. greedy sony.

Not too fussed about it myself tbh, so long as they release the demo to free users with enough time left to try it out properly before the release date

Platform exclusivity for demos on the other hand is a load of ****e!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

This is the Plus Exclusive that's most tempted me to upgrade...but no, I can wait. Anyone get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I've played it, the gameplay is basically god of war, seems to have a pretty good story too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Got the demo last night thanks to PS+ , didnt know it was available until i turned on the PS3 today. Handy the way it downloads stuff during the middle of the night. :)
    Played it today, as mentioned , God of War like, Ed's thumbs up !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Played it last night too, really nice gfx and combat system, very like god of war as the others are saying. Think im gonna pick this one up :)

Played this again, abit repetitive. Looks fantastic and the voices are good too, Patrick Stewart and Robert Carylse to name a couple.

I might hold judgement until a few boardsies play it.
    The camera system is static as well, couldnt move it to see where enemies were coming from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Hrm, interesting. Demo next week so will give it a spin. Judging from the link its a level based game like the original Castlevanias, as opposed to a sprawling world to explore like SoTN.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Hrm, interesting. Demo next week so will give it a spin. Judging from the link its a level based game like the original Castlevanias, as opposed to a sprawling world to explore like SoTN.

The demo on the PS was quite linear alright. No sprawling world as the story was pushing you the direction you needed to go. No choice really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

The art direction is phenomenal, as is the lighting. It's games like this that look so good that make you think - 'Whoa'. I'm very tempted to get this but there are just too many games coming out over the next few months (like Vanquish!). I could listen to Patrick Stewart read the story of this game all day, the voice acting is that good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,869 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I just can't accept it as a true castlevania game but if it'sgood I'll play it.

Whats the music like out of curiosity? The castlevania soundtracks have always been amazing.

• Advertisement

Cant remember the music TBH Retr0, might listen again later.

Gothpunk, Patrick Stewart is brilliant for narration alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Hopefully this'll manage to avoid the curse that seems to befall most 3D Castlevania games. I've loved what I've seen of the art, so that's a good sign... but they had better have an awesome rendition of Bloody Tears in there somewhere. :D
    eddhorse wrote: »
    I might hold judgement until a few boardsies play it.

What, this? :p

I'd prefer exploration and a free camera and GoW linearity. I'm still looking forward to this though. Seems we're not getting a Special Edition though, boo. I wanted the soundtrack!

Mr. K wrote: »
    I'd prefer exploration and a free camera and GoW linearity.

Apparently it's a 20 hour game, I can't really picture them managing that without some Metroid style exploration!

Review reads a lot better than

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-09-28-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-review

Can't wait for this now.

I'm starting to get seriously excited about LoS. I think the demo is now available generally on PSN, I'll download it when I get home!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,161 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Huh, got a fairly glowing review in Edge too. Hadn't high hopes for this, but well definitely give the demo a whirl tonight. I only have the time and money for either this or Enslaved though at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Wasn't impressed by the demo really, but I'm hoping it's just a bad demo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Playing the demo now, i just cant click with the controls... I'm all over the place, dying every 2 mins.

EDIT: For a 1.5GB download, that was a ridiculously short demo.

Advertisement