Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

The first video..undertaking geebag :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Zyzz wrote: »
    The first video..undertaking geebag :mad:

Looks like the tool I told to hold his line on the other day. Exact same thing but I didn't let him cut in front of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Bus cam footage.
    I wonder how many buses have cameras now, might make drivers think twice about doing "teach you a lesson overtaking".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

rubadub wrote: »
    I wonder how many buses have cameras now, might make drivers think twice about doing "teach you a lesson overtaking".

It doesn't. I had two close passes and beeping the other day when the cycle path was blocked by road works meaning I had to use the shared Bus/Cycle lane. needless to say I've sent a complaint into DB asking how they train their drivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,228 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

rubadub wrote: »
    I think there's 7 CCTV cameras on Dublin Bus double deckers. AFAIK, because of unions, they can't be used against drivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I think there's 7 CCTV cameras on Dublin Bus double deckers. AFAIK, because of unions, they can't be used against drivers.

But they can be sent to the indo for a bit of dangerous cycling antics. Ffs.

It doesn't. I had two close passes and beeping the other day when the cycle path was blocked by road works meaning I had to use the shared Bus/Cycle lane. needless to say I've sent a complaint into DB asking how they train their drivers.

I really wouldn't be surprised if nothing was done on their end, maybe a small apology email that gets sent to everyone but no tap on the wrist etc

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,534 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

How not to deal with a level crossing:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Jaysus. However, had he/she been wearing a high-vis vest that would not have happened, or so I believe if I have learned anything from the Indo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Jaysus. However, had he/she been wearing a high-vis vest that would not have happened, or so I believe if I have learned anything from the Indo.

And a helmet, obviously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭buffalo

These guys had helmets:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

First time cycling out to IKEA. Thoroughly unimpressed with the bike parking. No visible cctv , those rubbish little ground racks.... and no other bikes for camouflage.

Have pegged it through to the tills.

...and they called him threadkiller.

Does anyone know if there are off the shelf hybrid compatible wheels (135mm hubs on a 700c rim) that will take 100psi plus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Does anyone know if there are off the shelf hybrid compatible wheels (135mm hubs on a 700c rim) that will take 100psi plus?

My Trek 7.5fx came with 135mm hubs and 120 PSI 28mm tyres. If someone as main-stream as Trek does it, they must be available off the shelf somewhere.

I've changed to running them around 80 PSI though. Why would you want 100+ PSI on a hybrid? I don't know that it's faster but it's certainly more uncomfortable ;)

quozl wrote: »
    My Trek 7.5fx came with 135mm hubs and 120 PSI 28mm tyres. If someone as main-stream as Trek does it, they must be available off the shelf somewhere.

I've changed to running them around 80 PSI though. Why would you want 100+ PSI on a hybrid? I don't know that it's faster but it's certainly more uncomfortable ;)

My current wheels have a 60psi limit...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

buffalo wrote: »
    These guys had helmets:
    Hah, that's funny. I saw the crash part as an animated GIF on reddit, with most comments saying, "That's clearly a walking trail, no downhill trail would turn like that. That's what they get for being assholes"

With the whole video for context it's clearly a DH trail. Could probably do with a chicane on that corner, or a big sloped edge to ride or at least some kind of warning :D

"Hey why dont we shape this building like a giant dildo.."

Doha%20skyline.gif

Only in Qatar.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Joxer_S

I see your Quatar, and raise you London.

gfIXmC4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Joxer_S

And Barcelona, Quatar is only getting it up now.

6WfgtTJ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

damn you Joxer_S :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,228 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Joxer_S wrote: »
    And Barcelona, Quatar is only getting it up now.

http://i.imgur.com/6WfgtTJ.jpg
    With a rash like that I think Barcelona needs to seek medical attention. Probably has to make a few embarrassing "Hey, you should probably get a check up..." phone calls too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

The architect made a right cock up there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭le petit braquet

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Any he takes that kind of will-to-win-at-any-cost as evidence that he must be clean... I don't get that.

niceonetom wrote: »
    Any he takes that kind of will-to-win-at-any-cost as evidence that he must be clean... I don't get that.

+1 million
    "Jon had ‘it’. He had that unbalanced mentality that you find in those rare people who can push themselves beyond anything the rest of us could imagine"

He's unbalanced? And this is the defence?

I took the gist to be that he used to underperform because he was undisciplined and recent improvements are due to the collectivising of his faecal matter.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Bio passport anomalies can often be explained by illness. He deserved to be presumed innocent while the situation is being examined.

RobFowl wrote: »
    Bio passport anomalies can often be explained by illness. He deserved to be presumed innocent while the situation is being examined.

Totally agree, but I don't think his teammate is doing him any favours.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Lepidoptera

"Hey why dont we shape this building like a giant dildo.."

Only in Qatar.

China's apparently feeling a little insecure in the dildo building department too, but then censors started getting annoyed and have been trying to stop people laughing at it as it's being built :pac:

6072c167419bc14dfe22385541dac0ea.jpg?itok=YW-L0iTI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

This is the best bit of the Tiernan-Locke story:

" "Well, I didn't want to pull out… It’s a bit **** not finishing."

My girlfriend sat there aghast."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

So it looks like its back to wearing shorts for the next few days.
    Just as I was putting the summer kit away.

Gah :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I've just realised that I've reached my distance target for 2013 - 13,000kms. :cool:

What do I do now? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,721 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I've just realised that I've reached my distance target for 2013 - 13,000kms. :cool:

Quick make it 20,000 :pac:

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,534 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Turn round and head back ...

Bask in my envy

Beasty wrote: »
    Turn round and head back ...
    :eek:

......or maybe I should concentrate more on speed rather than distance. It's been a long time since I've bagged a KOM as they seem to be increasingly beyond the reach of the 'ordinary' cyclist. :(

:eek:

......or maybe I should concentrate more on speed rather than distance. It's been a long time since I've bagged a KOM as they seem to be increasingly beyond the reach of the 'ordinary' cyclist. :(

Those sherrif street ones are so tempting.. :pac::p

• Advertisement

I'm surprised the westbound one hasn't been taken from me. At least Mr Sherlock seems to avoid inner city segments! That's not to say Beasty won't strap on the afterburners and give it a lash.

I've a little bit of a comfort margin on the eastbound one.

Why don't you give them a go? (Not the best surface for hammering it though!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,721 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Do they include the cobbles? Rode down that way the other day and was convinced my forks were going to snap.

Oops - just spotted that you did and are breathing down my neck in one direction! :P

I'm surprised the westbound one hasn't been taken from me. At least Mr Sherlock seems to avoid inner city segments! That's not to say Beasty won't strap on the afterburners and give it a lash.

I've a little bit of a comfort margin on the eastbound one.

Horrible surface..not exactly my plan to ruin my new wheels :pac:
    Oops - just spotted that you did and are breathing down my neck in one direction! :P

Haha Ive tried a few times and each time I get caught by the lights..such a pain in the hole :mad:

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Do they include the cobbles? Rode down that way the other day and was convinced my forks were going to snap.
    Nah- Sherriff Street Upper only.It would be cool to do both but it's not a continuous route for vehicular traffic as one has to mount a kerb/pedestrian access prior to entering Sherriff Street Lower.

If you're into cobbles, Ship Street Upper and Lower also gives a good rattling as does Digges Lane.

Horrible surface..not exactly my plan to ruin my new wheels :pac:
    http://app.strava.com/segments/2738744

This one has to be the worst for wheels. It's not my segment and despite it's title I think there are more than 16 ramps. Each one is savage as they were designed to slow down the trucks heading to Balleally tiphead. The trucks have to slow down to walking speed for each one so you can imagine what they are like.

• Advertisement

WTF has Sinead O'Connor got on her cheeks? Looks like 'B&Q' :confused:

http://app.strava.com/segments/2738744

This one has to be the worst for wheels. It's not my segment and despite it's title I think there are more than 16 ramps. Each one is savage as they were designed to slow down the trucks heading to Balleally tiphead. The trucks have to slow down to walking speed for each one so you can imagine what they are like.

The QOM is 11 minutes? :pac:

I didn't notice that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭ian_rush

Cycled that way after floods last year. The road flooded with sludge from the tiphead. The sludge covered the entire road, the path and about a foot up the wall. I went through it the day after and the whole area was covered with 3cm of semidried uncyclable sludge. Just managed to avoid face planting in the gunk by bunnyhopping onto the equally uncyclable path then flinging myself over the wall, all with the grace of a zombie Bambi whacked out on bath salts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

My french is a bit rusty but I'm pretty sure that the commentary on the race translates as:

"It's not about the bike. No, certainly not.
    ...at least, I'm pretty sure it's not about the bike.
    It could be a little bit about the bike. Maybe.
    No, it's looking less about the bike again (g'wan Phillipe!).
    Zut alors, it is, it is about the bike. IT'S ABOUT THE BIKE!

...liar liar, Lance on fire"

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement